Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Jan 2, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #181 of 2,952
I ended up finding a silver one but I was hoping for black. Doubting it will happen, but just throwing it out there: I'd be happy to trade my silver Jot 2 for your black Jot 2.
PM me if interested.
::Fingers Crossed::

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #182 of 2,952
I would like to know if anyone here has heard the Ragnarok 2? I have the Jot 2 and A90 already but just curious how much of a step up the Ragnarok 2 would be. Working towards the ultimate goal of a Rag/Yggy combo. Just gotta find space for 'em lol.

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #183 of 2,952
I would like to know if anyone here has heard the Ragnarok 2? I have the Jot 2 and A90 already but just curious how much of a step up the Ragnarok 2 would be. Working towards the ultimate goal of a Rag/Yggy combo. Just gotta find space for 'em lol.
How do the A90 and the Jot 2 compare?

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #185 of 2,952
How do the A90 and the Jot 2 compare?
If you find one of my prior posts in this thread I believe I have laid it out, but the short version is I love the A90 and think it is a great amplifier, however, after I plugged in the Jot 2 and had some time to figure it out it appeared as though the Jot 2 was maximizing the performance of my headphones, that is why they sounded different. The stage on my Arya's was wider and taller like it should be, my Elex was driven great as well as my HD600's. They all sounded new again. Clearer and crisper than before. The A90 sounds great dont get me wrong, but for the aforementioned reasons as well as being ever so slightly on the warm side of neutral the Jot 2 is much preferred for me.

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #186 of 2,952
Thanks! You plan on keeping both? I might sell my A90 if the Jot 2 is as good as I am hoping it to be!

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #188 of 2,952
Thanks! You plan on keeping both? I might sell my A90 if the Jot 2 is as good as I am hoping it to be!
"
I ended up finding a silver one but I was hoping for black. Doubting it will happen, but just throwing it out there: I'd be happy to trade my silver Jot 2 for your black Jot 2.
PM me if interested.
::Fingers Crossed:: "

I'm confused. You report that you have a Jot 2 in-hand, yet talk as if you don't?

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #189 of 2,952
Not in hand as yet. Should arrive next week. Sorry about the confusion.

Jan 3, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #191 of 2,952
You’ve received your second and I’m STILL waiting on my first! *shakes fists at the sky*

You may want to drop an email to orders@schiit.com to inquire about the status of your order. While it is true that they've got a lot on their hands, it seems strange that they would ship so many orders placed after yours, but not yours.

PM me if interested.

As in, finding a second-hand unit? There are second-hand Jot 2s already for sale out there?

Personally, I would have bought a black one from the mothership instead, if black was the color I was after (which tangentially it was and I did.)

Jan 3, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #194 of 2,952
do you think it might make a difference to use Bifrost's balanced output instead of the RCAs?

I think it might. Besides the extra power output (and power is never enough), the Jotunheim 2's topology is inherently differential (read: balanced), so that's when it's at its best (well ain't that a tongue twister.)

Jan 3, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #195 of 2,952
I have a Bifrost 2 and ordered a Jot 2 last week (currently using Asgard 3), do you think it might make a difference to use Bifrost's balanced output instead of the RCAs?
I would and do recommend going balanced as you'll get 6db better S/N ratio due to the higher signal output going in the Jot 2 not to mention common mode noise rejection. Even if in many cases it may not be audible, why choose to run in an inferior mode? Finally, the connectors are better than RCAs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back