Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Jan 2, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #167 of 2,948
Am I better off going with a separate DAC or will the multibit card be alright? Does that have the unisom usb? It’s not clear from the website
Reinforcing previous opinions, unless you only want a single box solution, going with the separate DAC is the way to go. I have both the Modi MB and BF2 and while the BF2 is definitely a step up in presentation its the same signature as Modi MB and I listen to it quite happily all day doing work. Where even the $50 really adds value is in the additional inputs. These are quite handy to have and makes upgrading easier as you have more flexibility in your options.

Jan 2, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #168 of 2,948
Thanks for the input on the all in one solution. For anyone that’s been around here a while, I had the original gungnir/mjolnir combo back in like 2012 up until I sold them a few years ago. They never really clicked for me... would a “modern” Bifrost 2/Jot 2 combo blow that gen 1 g/m combo out of the water with all the new tech? I want to get back in the game

Jan 2, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #169 of 2,948
Just got one of these to pair with my Gumby A2. I already have the A90 so it will be fun to compare. Stoked!

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #172 of 2,948
Thanks for the input on the all in one solution. For anyone that’s been around here a while, I had the original gungnir/mjolnir combo back in like 2012 up until I sold them a few years ago. They never really clicked for me... would a “modern” Bifrost 2/Jot 2 combo blow that gen 1 g/m combo out of the water with all the new tech? I want to get back in the game

if your source uses USB, then definitely Bifrost 2 / Jotunheim 2 will be an upgrade over the 2012 hardware.

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #173 of 2,948
For anyone who had both, any comparisons bn Jot 2 and A90?

Jan 2, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #176 of 2,948
My replacement Jot 2 arrived this morning. Everything appears to be good so far. :darthsmile:

I'll post some comments (and maybe a mini-review) about it's SQ once I've got a handle on what I think about it.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #179 of 2,948
You’ve received your second and I’m STILL waiting on my first! *shakes fists at the sky*

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
if Jot 2 is as good as I think it will be (based on the initial reviews, and also how proud Jason is of the design, and the fact that he's not planning an upgrade to Mjolnir 2) your patience will be rewarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back