Schiit Jotunheim 2 DAC
Mar 19, 2021 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ABuilder

New Head-Fier
I am putting together my first setup to go with my gaming computer and think I am going to order a Schiit Jotunheim 2. There is the option of selecting a "True Multibit" DAC but I thought maybe the Modius made more sense. What are people opinions if building a new setup, would you go with the separate Modius or is the True Multipbit" a better DAC. Or should I go with something other then Schiit?

Mar 19, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 4

bemeurer

Formerly known as Arengorn
I think consensus is the DAC cards from Schiit kind of suck. My Jot 2 has the AK4490 card and it's not great, I've heard similar things about the multibit cards, but I've never owned one.

I do own both the Modius and the Jot2 and it's a combo I can happily recommend (although I currently pair the Jot 2 with a Bifrost 2).

Hope this helps!

Mar 20, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 4

ABuilder

New Head-Fier
So... would I be better off with a different source for the DAC like the iFi Zen CAN or Topping then the Modius? I don't need to be matchy matchy or care about that stuff, just looking for good gear at a reasonable price. I do like that Schiit is local, but if they don't do DACs as well as others, I would rather just get something else to begin with.

Mar 20, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 4

bemeurer

Formerly known as Arengorn
So... would I be better off with a different source for the DAC like the iFi Zen CAN or Topping then the Modius? I don't need to be matchy matchy or care about that stuff, just looking for good gear at a reasonable price. I do like that Schiit is local, but if they don't do DACs as well as others, I would rather just get something else to begin with.
Their DAC products are great, it's only the DAC add-ons for their amps that are not good :)

Users who are viewing this thread