Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 25, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #153,092 of 155,193
Now that I'm here, it most certainly is. :wink:

May 25, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #153,094 of 155,193
I suppose. I'll have to ask the wife what she's referring to when she tells me that. :wink:

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #153,095 of 155,193
One more stupid song about Texas
For miles and miles it rambles on
Biggest egos, biggest hair, biggest liars anywhere
Let's sing another stupid Texas song
By God we're so darn proud to be from Texas - yahoo!
Even of our pride we're proud and we're proud of that pride, too
Our pride about our home state is the proudest pride indeed
And we're proud to be Americans, until we can secede
One more stupid song about Texas
You've heard it all before so sing along
Biggest belt buckles and boasts, love that big old Texas toast
Let's sing another stupid Texas song
Our accents are the drawliest, our howdies are the y'alliest
Our lone star flag's the waviest, our fried steak's the cream-graviest
Our rattlesnakes the coiliest, our beaches are the oiliest
Our politicians most corrupt, our stop signs most abrupt
Our guitars are the twangiest, our guns are the kablangiest
Our cattle the long-horniest, our yodels the forlorniest
Our cookoffs are the chiliest, our Waylon is the Williest
Our sausage is the smokiest, our neighbors are the Okiest

Austin Lounge Lizards

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #153,096 of 155,193
OK. That's too much fun for one evening.

I hope all you Schiitheads are having a good weekend and a fantastic Memorial Day weekend. Let us not forget the reason for the holiday and offer-up a toast to those that have given the ultimate sacrifice in defense of country and freedom. 🍻

May 25, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #153,098 of 155,193
So, Vali 3 came today. As did the GE 5670 5-STAR 3 Mica Black Plate. Out of the box, with the stock tube and hooked up to Bifrost 2/64 into my Arya Stealth, got to say, very impressed. Letting it cool down to try the GE tube.
So.... Well Schiit. Jason has done something special here. Enjoying I have thrown at it with the GE 5670 5-STAR 3 Mica Black Plate is wonderful. Everything I've played on them with the Arya Stealth is engaging and wonderful. Need to try some other headphones out later.

May 25, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #153,099 of 155,193
...yes it was. And I remember that Todd used to cram 25+ minutes of music on an LP side in the Utopia days. Because of this, the low-end was limited to ~50 Hz. Still loved his music. Something / Anything? (1972) is still one of my favorite all-time albums, IMHO. It was spread across four LP sides, so it wasn't bass-limited. I listened to it on my first system (with the Sony TA-5650, DCM Time Windows and that crazy Stanton 681EEE cartridge with the built-in brush) and I could rock the (i.e., my parent's) house!

Todd lived in Novato, CA back in the late '80s when I started working for Autodesk in Sausalito. I walked into the office one morning and he was sitting next to my friend Jamie Clay at Jamie's workstation; they were using Pixar's RenderMan software to create the album cover for "Nearly Human", his first album with Michele Gray. Super guy, very soft spoken and kind. Wow. Cool memories!

Around that time, Todd -- who's a super-intelligent all-around tech nerd -- was deeply interested in the Mac platform (he developed on it) and hung around BMUG a bit. For several years, he'd have a little get-together at his house in Marin after MacWorld Expos in San Francisco, and invite a few of us over to check out the cool stuff he was working on.
Super guy, very soft spoken and kind.
Couldn't put it any better, @dstrimbu. Planning on coming over to Napa to see his upcoming show?

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #153,100 of 155,193
So.... Well Schiit. Jason has done something special here. Enjoying I have thrown at it with the GE 5670 5-STAR 3 Mica Black Plate is wonderful. Everything I've played on them with the Arya Stealth is engaging and wonderful. Need to try some other headphones out later.
So much audio fun for a low price. I let my wife hear it for the first time earlier today and she was shocked. I own some semi-serious gear so she has heard great sound before.😁

May 25, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #153,102 of 155,193
Speaking of Martin Denny, I might just have to give this one a swim, err I mean spin, on the SOTA tonight.

Weee

Attachments

• IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 0
May 25, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #153,103 of 155,193
I need to get more Oregon Spirits myself.😉
It seemed to me someone may have mentioned Yellowstone bourbon, tried some a couple days ago and it is interesting. I also had 10 and 14 year old Tin Cup. I am impressed by the 14 year old.
My group toured through Yellowstone on our trip a couple years back. Cool place with some neat history and good spirits. Our tour guide was on her very first day of employment and she was noticeably nervous. As soon as she understood we were all distillers and that she didn't have to focus so much on remembering all the technical details, she relaxed and we all had a wonderful time together. Definitely a unique distillery for Kentucky.

May 25, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #153,104 of 155,193
It was with some trepidation that I brought this glass, my first sip of whiskey in over a week after struggling through Covid, to my lips this evening. I have had friends and have heard of others who completely lost their taste for bourbon or other whiskies after having Covid, and since it is literally my job to taste through barrels to make Single Barrel selections, the thought of that happening to me was honestly terrifying.

Joyously, not only did it taste just like the OSD Straight Bourbon that I and many of you fine fellers know and love, it tasted amazing! [Insert massive exhalation]

Not pictured: Maxim Vengerov blazing a blistering path through Shostakovich's Second Violin Concerto with Rostropovich conducting. Wondrous fiddling skills.

IMG_7474.jpeg

May 25, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #153,105 of 155,193
Speaking of Martin Denny, I might just have to give this one a swim, err I mean spin, on the SOTA tonight.

Weee
I have a vinyl of Primitiva that sounds like someone threw it in a wood chipper and then glued it back together. To be honest I bought it for the cover more than the music. But now I’m listening to it via Apple Music>iPad>Modi Multibit>Vali2++>Hifiman Headphones. Not so many pops and clicks in the digital stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back