Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 24, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #152,926 of 155,163
Believe it or not, my brother-in-law Mark (who lives in Valparaiso) is driving two pair of Bose 301 Series IIs, stacked, with a pair of OG Vidar monoblocks and a OG Freya w/LISST. They sound remarkably good. I know, I wouldn't have believed it either, if I hadn't heard them...
Musta cut out all the drivers to make then into point source with trapezoidish containers, because otherwise, unless one ONLY wants baroque cathedral surround warm-poo…

<shudder>

Different strokes for different folks…

First time I hear em. Was like COOL. Then my friend was like, “Hey, lets go listen to some live Jazz”

“Nevermind”

May 24, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #152,927 of 155,163
I need to get more Oregon Spirits myself.😉
It seemed to me someone may have mentioned Yellowstone bourbon, tried some a couple days ago and it is interesting. I also had 10 and 14 year old Tin Cup. I am impressed by the 14 year old.
Must be the Indiana connection! Actually sipping some Tin Cup right now, I think my locals were right, this is the best CO has right now

May 24, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #152,928 of 155,163
Finally got one in decent condition... these are huge!
20240524_141607.jpg

May 24, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #152,929 of 155,163
You walk into a DMV to file for an initial vehicle registration in California…

Clerk: "Yes? Car registration? Ugh, I really don't want to be here, how dare you waste my valuable time with such menial tasks. Uh, you haven't made an appointment eight weeks in advance? I hope you don't mind waiting in a line out in the sun for the next four hours. That'll be $600, now and then again every year that follows. Now get out of my face already."

You walk into a county tax assessor's office for an initial vehicle registration in Texas. You're barely through the door yet…

Clerk, smiling and waving at you from across the room: "May I assist you over here, sir? I hope you're having a pleasant morning! Car registration? My pleasure! Do I detect a slight German accent, sir? You were born and raised in Germany? That's so exciting! Oh, don't worry about the form, we can do that later. Let me tell you about my German heritage and entire family history going back to the late 17-hundreds for the next 35 minutes. *turns around and shouts into the direction of a back office* Beth? Isn't your oma German? Oh, the registration? That can wait. *turns around again* Edith, get your butt over here, you have to meet this gentleman! He's from Germany, come here and say hello to him in German! I also have this friend, she's in this polka band you have to check out. They play every year at this festival that you should really go see. So, you've just moved to Ken-Doll County*? That's so exciting! Welcome to Texas! How do you like your new home town? Isn't it so very beautiful here? You have to visit Barktoberfest in October, promise me? There's a doggy dash run and a costume contest and a petting zoo, too! Last year one of the pigs got out and got chased all across the town plaza by a dog. You knew exactly where the pig was at any moment just by following people's screams. That was such a hoot! Hm? The registration? Oh, right… I'm afraid that I will have to ask you for $190, but the good news is that this is only for the initial registration, renewals will be considerably less. Oh, and in December you have to go to the Christmas Lights Fest, it's the most beautiful thing you'll ever see."

* Some say that it's actually "Kendall County" but that's obviously a typo.

Yes, I live in Stars Hollow now. 🤣
LOL, yeah that tracks. One of our guys, I believe Evan, actually got fed by the DMV when he came in because they were having a pot luck or something. Oh and Boerne--have you met the guy who has his poodle ride around in his motorcycle sidecar?

Oddly enough, Armchair Philosopher, AND a high school friend, AND a person who has worked for several of my companies, are all moving or planning to move to Boerne. Weird stuff.

Texas is a trip...

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 24, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #152,930 of 155,163
For an actual update:

1. Kraken maybe next week. We'll see.
2. Saga 2 is being a weiner. It may be more like a month out.

I'll get a new chapter up in any case this week...just general fun stuff about businesses. Se #2 above and repeat, "There will always be pain. But it will be OK."

May 24, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #152,932 of 155,163
BTW,

"If you're gonna play in Texas, you better have a fiddle in the band" -Alabama
Also looks like our head of QC, who is a quite accomplished musician in LA, is coming to San Antonio...

May 24, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #152,936 of 155,163
Oh and Boerne--have you met the guy who has his poodle ride around in his motorcycle sidecar?
Nope, not yet. Have spent most of my time since the move with unboxing and with working on that little project of mine that I'd like to get done sooner rather than later.
Maybe this weekend. Will keep my eyes peeled.

Oddly enough, Armchair Philosopher, AND a high school friend, AND a person who has worked for several of my companies, are all moving or planning to move to Boerne. Weird stuff.
I know I'm not one to talk since I'm part of "the problem," but I'm curious how long this tiny little town can hold on to its small/old-town-y charm. It's definitely not set up to deal with a whole lot more cars; traffic on Herff, River, and Main is already pretty crazy no matter what time of day.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #152,938 of 155,163
Finally got one in decent condition... these are huge!
20240524_141607.jpg
Nice!! Getting more and more difficult to find them in such good condition.

May 24, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #152,940 of 155,163
IMG_7969.jpeg

I almost forgot I built a small tube rack and CD holder for tubes and CD’s I might be working through at any given time. The whole thing slides off of the shelf in case I need a spot for other gear. 🤪
But it's not maple, and the tubes won't sound as good. Sigh. Appears my work here is still not done. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back