Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 2, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #150,241 of 152,787
Man, the Yggy is bygg. Didn't realize the chassis was so deep.
Now you know why I always say, "Yggy is too big." IIRC, it's also pretty tall.
Gumby was the perfect size, as is MJ3.

May 2, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #150,242 of 152,787
IMG_9499.jpeg

May 2, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #150,243 of 152,787
Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #150,244 of 152,787
No tester, or inoperable tester? That is the question — whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of perpetual inoperability, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and, by fixing the damned thing, end them?
Not that I wish to protesteth too much, but is there an English translation available for this? Free download maybe? App? 🤣

May 2, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #150,245 of 152,787
Yeah, the final clean up is today before I head on the 2+ hour drive to traffic-from-hades Boston Logan Airport. (And then another 2+ hours back).

Now that my son’s officially a Pilot for Southwest, I think we’ll start flying out of Manchester NH (an easy peasy 45 minute drive AND you only need 30 minutes for security as it’s a right-sized airport IMO). We get free standby flights for life with them (reward for our investment in edumacatin him up to be one o them there pilot guys).

I got the worst of the (previously hidden) puppy fur balls up, now a final vacuum and finding somewhere to put all that audiophile errata currently on the table…

One other thought “the morning after Yggy’s first full day of usel/listening”…

Now that I know that digital doesn’t have to SUCK and sound like AZZ anymore….

I should look into some kinda streaming to feed the habit…
Qobuz gang gang

May 2, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #150,246 of 152,787
I honestly don’t have a clue whatsoever… I know nothing about Digital Audio Players (or even what they are - LOL) and no experience of Ponon or FiiO… sorry

What I *can* say is that any PCM source that can generate a digital bit stream as good as a decent CD transport… will be taken to another level by going through Yggy. For me, today, that is solely classic red book CD’s. It is all I have.

But, Yggy is so impressing me in that realm, that I’m now finally likely to get into some type of streaming, because everyone else WITH that experience says that Yggy does it’s magics there as well…

HTH
Thank you! I don't understand it either. Maybe someone else will know. Pono was the other digital audio player. Not Ponon. Lol! Love your speakers... And your doggie!

May 2, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #150,247 of 152,787
But, Yggy is so impressing me in that realm, that I’m now finally likely to get into some type of streaming, because everyone else WITH that experience says that Yggy does it’s magics there as well…
The simplest, but not cheapest option (I own one for one of my systems): https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-stream/

Cheaper alternatives will likely need more tinkering. Very few (if any) that are cheaper provide direct Qobuz access. Happy to answer questions & suggest alternatives, I've used many different digital setups over the last decade.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #150,248 of 152,787
Not that I wish to protesteth too much, but is there an English translation available for this? Free download maybe? App? 🤣
Hamlet, beginning of Act III…

May 3, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #150,249 of 152,787
No tester, or inoperable tester? That is the question — whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of perpetual inoperability, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and, by fixing the damned thing, end them?
..... 😒 much ado about nothing 😒 .....

May 3, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #150,250 of 152,787
May 3, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #150,252 of 152,787
The simplest, but not cheapest option (I own one for one of my systems): https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-stream/

Cheaper alternatives will likely need more tinkering. Very few (if any) that are cheaper provide direct Qobuz access. Happy to answer questions & suggest alternatives, I've used many different digital setups over the last decade.
The WiiM Mini is less than a quarter of the price of the iFi Zen Stream, supports Qobuz, and works fine with a downstream DAC. The WiiM Pro adds some useful functionality and flexibility for a Franklin and a Grant. If and when Qobuz Connect sees the light of day, I expect WiiM will be one of the first two platforms that supports it out of the gate, the other being the Masimo conglomerate (Denon, Marantz, etc.).

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #150,253 of 152,787
May 3, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #150,254 of 152,787

Any expertise with a Bluesound Node? I was eying one of those until you posted this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back