Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 14, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #147,856 of 152,850
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 21.20.11.png

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 21.25.48.png

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #147,857 of 152,850
For something different a couple of evenings ago, I decided to listen to a prog rock box set compilation that's been sitting unlistened to for a good long while. Why not? I like Rush, some Pink Floyd, Marillion when Fish was on vocals, and bits and pieces of Genesis, so no problem. Until this track hit. The vocals are...interesting.

Apr 14, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #147,858 of 152,850
The cable that is connected to a set of HD6XX I am borrowing from a friend is absolutely silent. Makes no noise whatsoever that I can really recall. It's from Blue Dragon but beyond that I don't know much about it. Really hefty Furutech connector. It coils and uncoils nicely with little memory. And it sounds good, too. I don't have any experience with it against other cables on this 'phone to describe it as warm or bright, etc, so jury's out on that end of your query.

EDIT: Discovering that Dragon Cables appear to be Moon Audio's in-house brand. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

IMG_7079.jpeg
That is basically a high purity copper star quad cable with two wires split off for each channel, a ten foot cable can be around $450.

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #147,859 of 152,850
Thx @Ripper2860 - I am really enjoying Treffpunkt Jazz, Ludwigsburg 1990 via Qobuz. "Just" 44.1/.16 but we know that that's all that Yggy needs.
I had to look up that album and so added it to my Roon library from Qobuz. Thanks, folks. Discovered that one of the musicians in the band Oregon is Paul McCandless, a very interesting jazz musician. I'm a fan of Bela Fleck and The Flecktones, and Paul plays on a few of their albums ... a jazz oboist and jazz banjoist playing together. I also love the sound of a bass clarinet, which Paul also plays. :)

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #147,860 of 152,850
Apr 14, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #147,861 of 152,850
It’s one of my references, both on CD and LP

When wifey isn’t in the car w/ me; sometimes I’ll crack up that ML factory system (19 speakers, etc.) on this album and CRUISE.
Thanks to both of you, I plan to put on Roxy Music in my shop today as I do a few things.🤪 Glorious weather here once again.

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #147,863 of 152,850
Not sure if anyone has watched the Charismatic Voice on YouTube, but it's very interesting to get a trained opera singers take on both the music and the vocal performance. This one is Under Pressure by Queen and Bowie:

Enjoy her quite a bit - and was watching her Pearl Jam commentary just last night. She actually offers insights instead of simply ooohhhhs and aaaahhhs and a look of shock from 88% of the YouTubers out there.

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #147,864 of 152,850
Winding down Saturday night with a bit of quiet..

Julie London two-fer, UK cd import, Calendar Girl (in mono} along with Your Number Please in stereo.
Sound? Oh So Sweet.
Spinning in the Urd of course.
OK, so how many female singers' arguably finest recording was singing a song written about their troubled relationship by the guy.

I can think of two: Stevie Nicks and Julie London. Any others?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #147,866 of 152,850
OK, so how many female singers' arguably finest recording was singing a song written about their troubled relationship by the guy.

I can think of two: Stevie Nicks and Julie London. Any others?
Carly Simon?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #147,867 of 152,850
For something different a couple of evenings ago, I decided to listen to a prog rock box set compilation that's been sitting unlistened to for a good long while. Why not? I like Rush, some Pink Floyd, Marillion when Fish was on vocals, and bits and pieces of Genesis, so no problem. Until this track hit. The vocals are...interesting.

I always thought that this is what a "Hobbit" on helium sounded like when yodeling like a lonely goatherd.
Yup. I still think that and I still like it too.

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #147,870 of 152,850
Right under the two year warranty date, my Fulla E microphone input makes my PC37X unlistenable (was on a zoom meeting and my dissertation chair couldn’t make out anything I said. Had to switch to on board audio on my PC. Emailed support, hopefully starting the process before the warranty end date means I’ll get support.

That said, I have quite a few Schiit products and this is the first problem I’ve encountered. If they can’t do anything to help with the Fulla, I’ll probably take my Hel+ from my home desktop to my work where the Fulla E resides. Excuse to buy another schiit stack, maaaaaybe. I could get a Magni Unity with the dac card—I listened to it at Canjam Dallas so that would be fun.

TLDR my Fulla may be slowly failing on me, but I’m under warranty for a few more days and even if they can’t help I’ve got Schiit stack plans.

PS- this is not a post to get Jason to do anything or even get his attention, this is a post wanting people to tell me which schiit stack I should look into! Vali 3 for my first tube experience? Magni Unity all in one?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back