Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 6, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #146,912 of 152,783
.... then there is Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash by the Pogues .... IMG_7725.jpeg[from a Sir Winston Churchill quote concerning the Royal Navy]
Not necessarily in that order. 🤣

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #146,913 of 152,783
Off to look at a car or three with my wife this morning. I've confirmed that the ones we're looking at have decent audio systems (priorities...). Alas, my dear and ever-practical wife has shot down the Jaguar (something something impractical i.e. too-small cargo space, :poop: mileage. Lovely interior, though and great towing capacity). Whatever we get needs to be able to carry a couple of medium-large dog crates + luggage and canine agility things-and-stuff, and/or a large telescope or 3. A Suburban is a touch too big with really lousy mileage :xf_wink:.

Buying Schiit is so much more fun: click-click <enter some info> click, wait for the delivery truck 4 days later. No leaving the house required.
Wife brought up kicking my Navigator to the curb - and she is not wrong. Busted entertainment system, bumped up bumpers, too many repair bills. Barely kissing 10 years with me - with a few easy Covid years - seems to be ending prematurely.

Gotta talk her outta the Audi as I am a Japanese fan boy, but dang is everything expensive! Covid high used prices continue. Audi and Lexus SUVs rule the neighbors, with a splattering of Escalades and Yukons.

Looking for roomy and 3 rows with 3 wide in the middle, and agree surburban need not apply. She is HYPER anti minivan, and can smell the shared chassis a mile away.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #146,914 of 152,783
I'm on my second Subaru Outback. Subarus love dogs. :sunglasses:

I just bought my 3rd Subaru; a 14 XV Crosstrek. A great little car so far. Plus, Subaru actually sells aftermarket upgrade parts for the car. That includes custom Kicker speakers (and subs), designed for the car. They even offer new rear sway bars, for better handling. I've done the speakers, and I'm deciding on which Bilstein dampers would go best with either the 19mm or 20mm sway bar options...? I feel like a kid again...! 😄

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #146,915 of 152,783
Am I the only one who hates SUVs? I find that they usually have less room for stuff than my old Taurus sedan. The ones that do have the room are such gas hogs and have such high initial costs and high upkeep.

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #146,916 of 152,783
The original is spectacular.
Qobuz has the compilation of the original recordings, around 4.5 hours, and the critic highly recommends the music. Recording dates were 12 Nov 1925 to 1 Feb 1930. Four "discs" - two with the original Hot Five, the 3rd with the Hot Sevens, and the 4th with the "second coming" of the Hot Five. I can't wait to listen ... thanks for the idea - here's the artwork.

Louis Armstrong - The Complete Hot Fives and Hot Sevens Recordings.png
:)

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #146,917 of 152,783
Finally! Another Aegir 2 review. No reference to Halo, however.

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #146,918 of 152,783
I just bought my 3rd Subaru; a 14 XV Crosstrek. A great little car so far. Plus, Subaru actually sells aftermarket upgrade parts for the car. That includes custom Kicker speakers (and subs), designed for the car. They even offer new rear sway bars, for better handling. I've done the speakers, and I'm deciding on which Bilstein dampers would go best with either the 19mm or 20mm sway bar options...? I feel like a kid again...! 😄
I tend to look at them as "pregnant station wagons". I have liked station wagons since I was a tadpole. But yes, I under stand what you are saying or at least from my perspective and that is...When something becomes so popular that it just bothers a person no end that it is no longer as desirable even though nothing else has changed about it for the worse or for the better.

Think along the lines of how many people in the world "despise" Diana Krall because she is so poopular and vendors/exhibitors play her music all the time at audio shows. People with a podium lambast her as tho' she was a totally talentless trollop. The lounge-lizard of online reviewers, Dorko would spout off about his dislike of her as if doing so would somehow influence his readershit to lemming up and join him. Pfffft!

But yeah, I do unnerstand your point of view and it does indeed have merit. But I still like station wagons. :beerchug:

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #146,919 of 152,783
Am I the only one who hates SUVs? I find that they usually have less room for stuff than my old Taurus sedan. The ones that do have the room are such gas hogs and have such high initial costs and high upkeep.
LOL!! No, you are not. The wife drives a small SUV and I'm hanging on to (and loving) my "tweaked" Taurus! :D

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #146,920 of 152,783
LOL!! No, you are not. The wife drives a small SUV and I'm hanging on to (and loving) my "tweaked" Taurus! :D
My Taurus is originally a Texas car and have driven it back there a few times. It is a one of one special edition from Pinkly Motors.

20240331_101802.jpg

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #146,921 of 152,783
Wife brought up kicking my Navigator to the curb - and she is not wrong. Busted entertainment system, bumped up bumpers, too many repair bills. Barely kissing 10 years with me - with a few easy Covid years - seems to be ending prematurely.

Gotta talk her outta the Audi as I am a Japanese fan boy, but dang is everything expensive! Covid high used prices continue. Audi and Lexus SUVs rule the neighbors, with a splattering of Escalades and Yukons.

Looking for roomy and 3 rows with 3 wide in the middle, and agree surburban need not apply. She is HYPER anti minivan, and can smell the shared chassis a mile away.
I'm very happy with my new Mazda CX5, but my buddy swears by his CX90 - all Mazdas are also fun to drive... imagine that.

I specially wanted the stock stereo and added a JBL spare tire sub.

My wife likes the BOSE system in her CX30 and my buddy's wife likes the BOSE in her CX50

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #146,923 of 152,783
My Taurus is originally a Texas car and have driven it back there a few times. It is a one of one special edition from Pinkly Motors.

LOL! Everything's better with SEX! :D

Mine is a 2016 Limited (bought it new) added a K&N Cold Air induction kit and a bit of a re-map on the computer. Next up is Police Interceptor front and rear sway bars and a cat-back exhaust. It is a bit of a sleeper and surprises quite a few folks -- especially valets. :D

1712424546441.png

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #146,924 of 152,783
I tend to look at them as "pregnant station wagons". I have liked station wagons since I was a tadpole. But yes, I under stand what you are saying or at least from my perspective and that is...When something becomes so popular that it just bothers a person no end that it is no longer as desirable even though nothing else has changed about it for the worse or for the better.

Think along the lines of how many people in the world "despise" Diana Krall because she is so poopular and vendors/exhibitors play her music all the time at audio shows. People with a podium lambast her as tho' she was a totally talentless trollop. The lounge-lizard of online reviewers, Dorko would spout off about his dislike of her as if doing so would somehow influence his readershit to lemming up and join him. Pfffft!

But yeah, I do unnerstand your point of view and it does indeed have merit. But I still like station wagons. :beerchug:

wagons! Ort is a man of taste and refinement.
every now and then I wish I had another wagon (last one was a 67 impala).
Love the look of these, but kind of scared of the cost....and the rapid depreciation.. and the maintenance costs...:smirk:

2018-mercedes-amg-e63-s-wagon-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-675178-s-original.jpg

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #146,925 of 152,783
IMG_7711.jpeg

I am in the process of checking out a new Skoll. It is a little early to have an opinion but I shall soon enough. Listening to Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm section. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back