Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 6, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #146,926 of 152,214
I'm very happy with my new Mazda CX5, but my buddy swears by his CX90 - all Mazdas are also fun to drive... imagine that.

I specially wanted the stock stereo and added a JBL spare tire sub.

My wife likes the BOSE system in her CX30 and my buddy's wife likes the BOSE in her CX50
I forget about these, probably another good choice

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #146,927 of 152,214
Wife brought up kicking my Navigator to the curb - and she is not wrong. Busted entertainment system, bumped up bumpers, too many repair bills. Barely kissing 10 years with me - with a few easy Covid years - seems to be ending prematurely.

Gotta talk her outta the Audi as I am a Japanese fan boy, but dang is everything expensive! Covid high used prices continue. Audi and Lexus SUVs rule the neighbors, with a splattering of Escalades and Yukons.

Looking for roomy and 3 rows with 3 wide in the middle, and agree surburban need not apply. She is HYPER anti minivan, and can smell the shared chassis a mile away.
Kia Telluride might be great for you. Hyundai & Kia quality has improved vastly over the years and they still offer that 10-year warranty!

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #146,929 of 152,214
Off to look at a car or three with my wife this morning. I've confirmed that the ones we're looking at have decent audio systems (priorities...). Alas, my dear and ever-practical wife has shot down the Jaguar (something something impractical i.e. too-small cargo space, :poop: mileage. Lovely interior, though and great towing capacity). Whatever we get needs to be able to carry a couple of medium-large dog crates + luggage and canine agility things-and-stuff, and/or a large telescope or 3. A Suburban is a touch too big with really lousy mileage :xf_wink:.

Buying Schiit is so much more fun: click-click <enter some info> click, wait for the delivery truck 4 days later. No leaving the house required.
A shooting brake is the ticket. May I suggest a Panamera Sport Turismo?

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #146,930 of 152,214
I do love a shooting brake (sport wagon). My car before going the full sedan route a few years ago. Honestly, I was a bit too old for this car and the kids called it the Magic School Bus. I coached our youngest daughter's softball team and found it quite useful and was able to haul all the gear while still looking "sporty", much to the wife and kids' chagrin! :D

Mistubishi Lancer Ralliart Sportback. (It was quite zippy and handled amazingly well.)

1712427211491.png

1712427125369.png

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #146,931 of 152,214
I'm very happy with my new Mazda CX5, but my buddy swears by his CX90 - all Mazdas are also fun to drive... imagine that.

I specially wanted the stock stereo and added a JBL spare tire sub.

My wife likes the BOSE system in her CX30 and my buddy's wife likes the BOSE in her CX50
I drive a CX-5 Grand Touring myself. 🤪

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #146,932 of 152,214
Beans beans,

My late Great Uncle had a variation of this…
The beans song I like is from On The Town (I think)
The Navy gets the gravy
and the Army gets the beans beans beans beans...
... Jaguar...

.... No leaving the house required.
My dream car. Maybe I'll swing the all-electric when the current lease is up.
I see ads for ?Carvana? saying one could buy a car same way. Maybe that's where Schiit got the software :-D

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #146,933 of 152,214
Looking for roomy and 3 rows with 3 wide in the middle, and agree surburban need not apply. She is HYPER anti minivan, and can smell the shared chassis a mile away.
I like the Mazdas we've had. The CX-90 be might worth a look....

(ninja'd by lots)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #146,934 of 152,214
Am I the only one who hates SUVs? I find that they usually have less room for stuff than my old Taurus sedan. The ones that do have the room are such gas hogs and have such high initial costs and high upkeep.
Nope, I have spent so much time lamenting that Sucky Urban Vehicles destroyed the market for any other kind of car; partial to hatchbacks myself.

HST, my current hybrid Countryman is a frickin' blast if the size works ....

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #146,935 of 152,214
Apr 6, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #146,936 of 152,214
Off to look at a car or three with my wife this morning. I've confirmed that the ones we're looking at have decent audio systems (priorities...). Alas, my dear and ever-practical wife has shot down the Jaguar (something something impractical i.e. too-small cargo space, :poop: mileage. Lovely interior, though and great towing capacity). Whatever we get needs to be able to carry a couple of medium-large dog crates + luggage and canine agility things-and-stuff, and/or a large telescope or 3. A Suburban is a touch too big with really lousy mileage :xf_wink:.

Buying Schiit is so much more fun: click-click <enter some info> click, wait for the delivery truck 4 days later. No leaving the house required.

I am continuously impressed by the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan minivan my gal has. I despised it to begin with but it has slowly won me over. 10 years old and it still gets sub-9L/100km mileage in eco mode on the highway (in the Rockies!), can carry 4'x8' plywood sheets with all the doors closed (show me a pickup that can do that), fits three adults and two large dogs plus all necessary accompanying luggage, and in a pinch works well for car camping.

Accelerates slowly and handles like a boat, but for doing transpo type things it's way better than any car I've ever owned. And I have my motorbike for the twisties and adrenaline.

But yeah a Jag is sexier. Until you need to use it for something real world.

YMMV (literally in this case) and IMO and your results may vary, etc.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #146,937 of 152,214
Apr 6, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #146,938 of 152,214
IMG_7711.jpeg

I am in the process of checking out a new Skoll. It is a little early to have an opinion but I shall soon enough. Listening to Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm section. :ksc75smile:
... ☑️ good choice.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #146,940 of 152,214
For no reason I can identify, I love those ridiculous AC cables...
.... they are 0.6 meters in length, '5N' silver-plated copper ('5N') .... their price was $26.95 USD each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back