Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #146,551 of 150,081
But let's forget politics for a second. Let's talk about something that seems to be disappearing: courtesy.

As in, consideration of how other people feel. Acknowledgement that their time is worth something. Gratitude for a polite response when making a small intrusion.

It's far too easy to broadcast a message to everyone here, sometimes complete with @tags*, and expect everyone to drop everything and answer immediately. Even on a Friday afternoon. Or over a weekend. Or on a holiday. It's far too easy everywhere. And we are the worse for it, at least in my opinion.

There's a reason I don't bother our employees or contractors or home builders on Friday at 4:30PM, nor over the weekend. There's a reason I don't assume I can schedule meetings on days they are usually off. There's a reason I don't shout "Boy!" in a restaurant, there's a reason I don't throw tantrums in the middle of a tire store, there's a reason I don't carp and grouse because someone can't drop everything right now for me, and there's a reason I say "Excuse me," and "Thank you for taking the time."

There's also a reason I ask myself, "Does everyone need to know this? Is this important to them?" before posting. There's a reason I remind myself, when on other threads, that this isn't Jason's Bar, nor is it the Schiit Shop, and so talking about what we do and what we sell is a bit crass.

And that reason is that I can understand that many people take them and their time for granted, and that is not fair. This is called "being polite," or "common courtesy." Though, sadly, it doesn't seem so common today.

* @tags are the equivalent of shouting "Boy!" in a restaurant while snapping your fingers. At least in my opinion.

Now I feel bad for @ing you those couple of times. Sorry about that.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #146,552 of 150,081
Apr 2, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #146,553 of 150,081
Now I feel bad for @ing you those couple of times. Sorry about that.
Don't feel bad. Every kind of notification from this site, from other sites, from my phone, etc have been muted for YEARS. Otherwise I'd get nothing done.

Back to a quad of prototypes here...

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 2, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #146,554 of 150,081
On BBC Sounds today a live recording of Schubert’s 4 Impromptus D. 935 played by Mitsuko Ushida. Here’s a recording:

IMG_9423.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #146,555 of 150,081
Man I'm so glad I got one of the last Jotunheim As from close-out. I'm jamming out on my RAAL CA-1as on Herbie Hancock's Head Hunters album. This is the quintessential Schiit sound IMO. Engaging, dynamic, a touch of warmth but clear and fast. I'm really groovin to it tonight.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #146,556 of 150,081
On BBC Sounds today a live recording of Schubert’s 4 Impromptus D. 935 played by Mitsuko Ushida. Here’s a Decca recording:

IMG_9423.jpeg
Uchida and Mozart make for beautiful music! Her Piano Cto set from the Berliner Philharmoniker label with Rattle are brilliant!

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #146,557 of 150,081
Man I'm so glad I got one of the last Jotunheim As from close-out. I'm jamming out on my RAAL CA-1as on Herbie Hancock's Head Hunters album. This is the quintessential Schiit sound IMO. Engaging, dynamic, a touch of warmth but clear and fast. I'm really groovin to it tonight.
An album cover for ORT !!
IMG_7696.jpeg
[Columbia: released October, 1973.]

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #146,558 of 150,081
Thanks to whomever it was (sixergixer maybe?) that recommended The Messthetics and James Brandon Lewis. Really digging it through my (new to me) Bifrost 2 tonight.

20240402_222745.jpg
Rad! It was indeed me. I've got notifications running on Bandsintown so if they show up in Oregon, I'll have to hit them up.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #146,560 of 150,081
Thanks to whomever it was (sixergixer maybe?) that recommended The Messthetics and James Brandon Lewis. Really digging it through my (new to me) Bifrost 2 tonight.

20240402_222745.jpg
🤔 ... is Bifrost's 'speed' attractive to snails? ... 😳🤷🏻‍♂️

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #146,561 of 150,081
Anyone still using an Asgard 2 these days? What does the thing sound like? I'm thinking about finding one on the used market for a secondary setup. After loving the Mjolnir 3 since its release, I think I'd like to pickup it's older and smaller Class A brother.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #146,562 of 150,081
Re: East Coast IPA's, I think many West Coast breweries are perfecting them. I enjoyed this 10% Hazy TIPA from Brujos Brewing last weekend and it was a big, thick, malty, ultra-flavorful juice beer that was to die for.

Hazy till I die
IMG_6953.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #146,564 of 150,081
Re: East Coast IPA's, I think many West Coast breweries are perfecting them. I enjoyed this 10% Hazy TIPA from Brujos Brewing last weekend and it was a big, thick, malty, ultra-flavorful juice beer that was to die for.

Hazy till I die
IMG_6953.jpeg
I'm not very enthusiastic about hazy beers, but I really like West Coast IPAs quite a lot.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #146,565 of 150,081
Having seen the last totality in 2017…

I would trade ANY food or beverage in the world for the certainty that it will be clear Monday afternoon in far Northern New Hampshire.

Yes, ANY, beverage or food; nothing compares.

IYKYK
I enjoyed (immensely) the 2017 Eclipse with a dram of Elmer T Lee Bourbon. The bats suddenly flying overhead did not care one whit for my dram of choice but it was a sublime moment for sure.

I deeply wish I could travel for this eclipse. I simply must see another totality in my lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back