Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #146,536 of 150,081
Anyone here happen to own the early ZMF models like the Ori or Blackwood? I'm wondering which Schiit would best power those planar beasts and still sound fun. Mjolnir 2 seemed like a good choice, but what about current lineup?
Mjolnir 3 works exceedingly well with ZMF's new(ish) planar Caldera. I never heard Ori or Blackwood, looks like they are Fostex T50rp mods. According to online specs, T50rp's impedance is 50 Ohm. Caldera's is 60 Ohm. But spec impedance is not the whole story, of course.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #146,537 of 150,081
Ah yes, I know Cabot, ole Hwy 167 iirc.
We are under rated here for food, there are definitely some fabulous spots.
Yup! quiz: do you also know Ward. Close to Cabot, but tinier. Wife taught Kindergarten there…

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #146,538 of 150,081
I do a pretty decent smash burger.🤪 always two layers of beef and cheese, cooked outdoors on a flat top griddle.
🤤

My absolute most favorite-est smashie joint here in town, owned and operated by a wonderful young couple, is sadly no longer for this earth. They had a child towards the end of last year and decided they needed to move back closer to family for support. I keep hoping to hear the news that somebody offered to buy the business and continue its excellence, but alas, no news comes... 😥

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #146,539 of 150,081
Deleted more political stuff.

I don't understand how hard it is to understand: NO POLITICS. OF ANY KIND.

If this becomes too troublesome, maybe a week of thread closure is a good idea. I don't have time for this.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #146,540 of 150,081
Deleted more political stuff.

I don't understand how hard it is to understand: NO POLITICS. OF ANY KIND.

If this becomes too troublesome, maybe a week of thread closure is a good idea. I don't have time for this.
I'm sorry you are having to take your valuable time. Hopefully the transgressions of a few will not ruin it for the many. :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #146,541 of 150,081
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #146,542 of 150,081
I do a pretty decent smash burger.🤪 always two layers of beef and cheese, cooked outdoors on a flat top griddle.
.... taste test by 😸 ....?

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #146,543 of 150,081
Thanks to whomever it was (sixergixer maybe?) that recommended The Messthetics and James Brandon Lewis. Really digging it through my (new to me) Bifrost 2 tonight.

20240402_222745.jpg

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #146,544 of 150,081
So, i decided to dust off the Jot2. I'm using the Freya N balanced to Jot2. Jot2 volume at max and using Freya N to control volume.

Is there any issues with this? Sounds great with DCA Stealth.

This is what I’m doing with Saga+ and Vali 3. I think the stepped attenuator sounds better than the pot. YMMV.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #146,545 of 150,081
Even sooner if you're listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Who is in my playlists, and was probably one of my last CD purchases - used at half price books.

And now I need to finalize my stand desk purchasing decision, so off I go, hoping to be less than 10 pages behind upon my return. Hahahhaha.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #146,546 of 150,081
But let's forget politics for a second. Let's talk about something that seems to be disappearing: courtesy.

As in, consideration of how other people feel. Acknowledgement that their time is worth something. Gratitude for a polite response when making a small intrusion.

It's far too easy to broadcast a message to everyone here, sometimes complete with @tags*, and expect everyone to drop everything and answer immediately. Even on a Friday afternoon. Or over a weekend. Or on a holiday. It's far too easy everywhere. And we are the worse for it, at least in my opinion.

There's a reason I don't bother our employees or contractors or home builders on Friday at 4:30PM, nor over the weekend. There's a reason I don't assume I can schedule meetings on days they are usually off. There's a reason I don't shout "Boy!" in a restaurant, there's a reason I don't throw tantrums in the middle of a tire store, there's a reason I don't carp and grouse because someone can't drop everything right now for me, and there's a reason I say "Excuse me," and "Thank you for taking the time."

There's also a reason I ask myself, "Does everyone need to know this? Is this important to them?" before posting. There's a reason I remind myself, when on other threads, that this isn't Jason's Bar, nor is it the Schiit Shop, and so talking about what we do and what we sell is a bit crass.

And that reason is that I can understand that many people take them and their time for granted, and that is not fair. This is called "being polite," or "common courtesy." Though, sadly, it doesn't seem so common today.

* @tags are the equivalent of shouting "Boy!" in a restaurant while snapping your fingers. At least in my opinion.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #146,547 of 150,081
There's nothing common about "common courtesy". Same with common sense. But it sure would be nice if people at least made the effort.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #146,548 of 150,081
Recs for whiskey (if interested): Westland makes amazing American Single Malts, like, some of the best in the country. Awesome place to visit, too. If you meet a woman who works there named Ana, tell her sixergixer (Steven) sent you. :)

Westland Distillery
You really need to stop this. I don't need to keep driving to the closest Total Wine, 1 hour away. It would be easier if the work flights out of Pensacola took off late enough to hit the store before takeoff, or landed early enough to hit the store on the way home. Sadly no, its the 6am flight out and landing at 9pm so it makes it fun.

On topic, a hickory smoked Dijon coated prime rib was good on Easter, sadly EH Taylor is more expensive than it is worth in the state of Alabama, enjoyed with the beef a Washington Grenache since I have an in with the winery, Arrogant .... well can't type that brewery that was spun out of Stone Brewing out of California has amazing IPAs but going with dark brews Bell's Expedition Stout for a seasonal, Great Lakes Brewing Edmund Fitzgerald Porter for a year round, and the true on topic,

Agreed mini-radials can be powered by a Gjallarhorn and really its too much - computer is running at 20%, any audio software is 50-60% and still depending on the original its too loud, but I have the monitors just right to make the "wall" about 1mm from the speaker housing. Ohms are great from monoblock Vidars and OG Yggy, hoping for a balanced Syn not because balanced is better, but avoids the what-if or edge case interference, because 1+ acre plots has all sorts of wifi issues, literally only my own wifi networks can be seen from the living room.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #146,549 of 150,081
@OldRoadToad - someone in Wisconsin has this for sale on the Schiit FaceBook group. When I saw the photo I thought of you from an earlier post where you wondered what those large PSVane tubes would look like in a Schiit amp/preamp. They do look pretty nice!

1712097059723.png
Those really do look nice! Thank you!

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #146,550 of 150,081
There's nothing common about "common courtesy". Same with common sense. But it sure would be nice if people at least made the effort.
Amongst the general population, aka the Great Unwashed, those two items are like having superpowers. Almost unheard of and unseen.

And this is just my view on supposed "adults". Their feral offspring are even worse. Can I be just as base? Damn right, when my boiling point is reached I reach for "Pissed OFF" but primarily in defense and in the hope that these subhumans will back off their impending PHYSICAL attack on little ol' me or some other nigh on defenseless seasoned citizen.
No one wants to pickup a toad cuz we will pee on you.:beerchug:

ORT The Uncommonly Common

Users who are viewing this thread

Back