Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 24, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #145,052 of 149,685
Tonight's Jazz recommendation...

1000005156.jpg

Best heard with Schiit gear and a 'Southside' in-hand, made with my new fav Gin - Oregon Spirits Gin. 😉

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #145,053 of 149,685
Speaking of the dreaded wallet, I sure would love to grab a GS2 before they're gone, however...
No better time than the present. 😄

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #145,056 of 149,685
Way back in the stone age, way before the Schiitr came to be the chatter was split between the thread Mike started and Jason's Small Business Report.

The frequent topic between Mike's posts was coffee. Jason's was key boards.

There were only a few products to buy.

Upside is after hitting 10,000 pages think how fast it will get to 20,000!

Never forget this is Jason's goldmine of an electronics hobby. :)

Hope Mike is doing ok. And thanks Mike for the digital. We haven't forgotten.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #145,057 of 149,685
Here's some Schiit:
The original Asgard is still my favorite solid state headphone amp.
So simple, yet so good.
I have mine hooked up along with an Asgard 3 and two others... It's nice to have options.

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #145,058 of 149,685
Way back in the stone age, way before the Schiitr came to be the chatter was split between the thread Mike started and Jason's Small Business Report.

The frequent topic between Mike's posts was coffee. Jason's was key boards.

There were only a few products to buy.

Upside is after hitting 10,000 pages think how fast it will get to 20,000!

Never forget this is Jason's goldmine of an electronics hobby. :)

Hope Mike is doing ok. And thanks Mike for the digital. We haven't forgotten.
I miss Mike posting. 😒

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #145,060 of 149,685
I'm in general very happy that people have found their Stammitsch here. The goal here was never to guide the thread, either towards purchase (evil salesperson!) or towards any other endpoint. In general, it's served as a creative outlet for me, a proxy since I don't really write books anymore. (Though that's changing, I'm writing fiction again, yes I am insane).

And Stammitsch is a great way to look at this. It's a bar. It's a group of friends, some having good days, some having bad days, some interested in talking about stuff other than audio, some with different audio beliefs. And that's fine.

That said, yeah, I have a hard time keeping up. But that doesn't mean it's time for ground rules on what needs to be posted or what shouldn't be discussed. It's realllllly easy to skim by the stuff you don't want to read, and it's dead-easy to use the index of all the chapters on the first page, and you can search for what I post if you just want Various Schiit News From Jason.

It's compounded because this is the busiest year of our existence, with lots of things happening that need my time and attention. I'll talk about some of them on Wednesday at the Schiitrmeet.
If you get behind the thread then just start at the most recent posts and work backwards. I do the same thing with podcasts. Forget about the FOMO. If Jason has something to say I will read his posts but otherwise I would suggest just listening to more music

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #145,061 of 149,685
I do too, but I don't think that his heart was ever in it.
Yeah. But I do miss the sarcasm and humor he would bring on occasion. Along with his technical insight, of course.

Either way, I wish him the best.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #145,062 of 149,685
Mar 24, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #145,063 of 149,685
Sure it was! All of his "story of yggdrasil" posts were great.
When he is truly excited about something he's posting about, his posts can be epic.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 8:41 PM Post #145,064 of 149,685
My salesman days go way back selling Theta Gen5a dacs. Back then, it was, to my ears anyway, the most musical dac on the planet. And we also carried the big Krell Digital dacs too.. The 32x and 64x. I would always demo the Gen5 because it sounded so like, um, music. Mike rocked the dac world.
Sorry,
Rant over.

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:41 PM Post #145,065 of 149,685
When he is truly excited about somethiblg he is posting about, his posts can be epic.
Facts. I was impressed when I saw how good of a writer he was. I remember someone posted "damn, does everyone who works as Schiit write this well?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back