Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 23, 2024 at 8:39 PM Post #144,841 of 149,692
Mar 23, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #144,842 of 149,692
That's too beautiful to even put Schiit on. Just sit and admire!

Speaking of age....... :) .........

Am I the only one here that when the little yellow supports are peeking out from under the woodwork just right it conjures up a mental image of Spy VS Spy?A_White_Spy.png
Now you've ruined the surprise @Paladin79 had waiting for @bcowen!

Time for Plan B...

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #144,844 of 149,692
Yeah, I don't stream anything.

I want to try qobuz but I'm afraid the free trial is a bait and switch.
Can I start it and cancel immediately and try it out for a few days?
You get 30 days to try. And most likely they would email you a reminder that the trial is up at which point if you pay for a year it works out to $10.83 per month.

Mine is integrated with Roon. Not saying you need Roon but it's seamless like one giant catalog and the Roon radio algorithm is mighty fine.

I also have a WiiM mini hockey puck in the RV. Used to have it in the garage. Optical to a Bifrost. Works stellar via camp WiFi. The WiiM app does a nice job with Qobuz. Anyone can be up and streaming in a couple minutes for around a hundred bucks. You don't have to tether your laptop to your DAC just to stream.

Roon ARC has been working reliably last trip. My phone is the endpoint with the same Qobuz integration as home. So if I don't use the WiiM it's my phone into my Bifrost via USB.

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #144,845 of 149,692
You get 30 days to try. And most likely they would email you a reminder that the trial is up at which point if you pay for a year it works out to $10.83 per month.

Mine is integrated with Roon. ...

I also have a WiiM mini hockey puck in the RV. ...

Roon ARC has been working reliably last trip. ...
Ok, good. I have Roon which is why I wanted to try qobuz. Don't like WiiM (various reasons) and have several different kinds of streamers laying about.

thanks!

P.S. Harman apparently ordered Roon to improve their customer relationships so they've recently put a ton of fixes into Roon ARC to make it more reliable. Haven't tried it yet (again) as my new car came with SiriusXM for a year. 80s on 8 ftw!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #144,846 of 149,692
I've never seen that one. A nice measured dose like that might keep the demons away. :smiling_imp:
You can always have more, but you can never have less. :pray:

Schiit content: After reading a few posts about URD's having some issues playing discs properly I sent my beloved machine back to HQ for repairs. On 30%+ of discs it would not play all the way through to the end of the disc. While visual inspection revealed a couple of discs with issues (that had not phased my Oppo machine), many were visually perfect. While waiting I am back on the Oppo, and it is just not as good. Not just in terms of this specific area or that specific area, the overall presentation sounds less like musicians in my room.

Point being- URD via USB > YGGY is the Schiit!! :smile_cat:

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #144,847 of 149,692
Uh, Schiiiittt.
More Is Better imo. Indeed.

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #144,848 of 149,692
IMG_7609.jpeg

Final assembly tomorrow, the top piece is removable to allow for a Vali. Tomorrow I also hope to carve out a portion of a flight board for um, recreational use?🤪
Beautiful!!

The next version could include posts on each side, to hang headphones. 😎

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #144,849 of 149,692
Beautiful!!

That can be done, Mr. Cowen wanted a more compact build and adding too much could affect the looks. I am more apt to build a matching headphone rack.

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #144,850 of 149,692
Beautiful!!

I was hoping for a cupholder, but that's a good idea too. 🤣

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #144,852 of 149,692
I was hoping for a cupholder, but that's a good idea too. 🤣
Hell’s ducks on a saltine, I need to find a better class of friends to build for.🤪🤪🤪

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #144,854 of 149,692
Mar 23, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #144,855 of 149,692
That can be done, Mr. Cowen wanted a more compact build and adding too much could affect the looks. I am more apt to build a matching headphone rack.
what is that badging on top? Look so sharp! This little shelf is a pure hit.
I also really like the contrast that the dark wood provides vs the Tiger stripe. Well done, Sir.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back