Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 20, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #144,181 of 149,685
Mar 20, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #144,184 of 149,685
No, I want to connect two complete systems to one set of speakers, using bi-wire speaker wire to connect the two amplifers to the speakers (so the bi-wire would be reversed from expected use). Right now I have to swap out my speaker cables from the GHorn to the Integrated to listen to my TV from the speakers.

Seems like it would be easy to accidentally leave both amplifiers on, so I'm thinking a switch box would be a better idea. It's just the bi-wire seems so much easier. I already have too many boxes. One more could be the cardboard that ended recycling for good.

Bad, bad idea. Switch box is needed for that. The Douk referenced earlier comes with VU meters and a remote, but if you're willing to walk over to the stereo there are plenty of cheaper choices.

Mar 20, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #144,186 of 149,685
Mar 20, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #144,187 of 149,685
Eh... Anything new? Like, somebody after the 60s? Anybody from the last quarter century?
I did mention the Marsalis brothers (80's-now)... but Sumara Joy is awesome and some other suggestions from Quboz previously shared here.

Do you have anything to recommend?

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #144,188 of 149,685
Some of you were kind enough to enquire after me during my 3-month absence from Head-Fi and were kind enough to welcome me back upon my return. I have recovered enough to share with you what I have learned during my adventures.

1. The fruit of the Paw Paw Tree https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asimina_triloba is considered a delicacy but contains a neurotoxin that can cause Nausea and Vomiting in susceptible individuals. The episodes can be severe and can last over 17 hours. It is important to rehydrate between episodes of nausea and vomiting with World Health Organization Oral Rehydration Fluid or you will be forced to the hospital for IV fluids. It is important to watch for lack of urine output. Once the vomiting stops, jaundice can set in, luckily this only lasts a few days. Even in nonsusceptible people, heavy consumption of the fruit can lead to early Parkinson's Disease.

2. Influenza and food poisoning together can present with symptoms similar to Norovirus, leading to a delay in diagnosis and treatment.

3. Influenza can flare asthma.

4. Doctors make the worst patients.

5. Self treatment of asthma and inappropriate avoidance of systemic steroids can lead to high intrathoracic pressure, causing decrease in cardiac output. This can lead to your spouse finding you passed out on the floor.

6. Subsequently awaking in the hospital with your spouse threatening you with certain death.

7. Self Loathing, when you realize that the low cardiac out led to mild rhabdomyolysis.

8. Systemic steroids can interfere with your sleep and make you lose muscle mass.

9. Recovery requires rest. A lot of it. 10 hours a night plus a 2 hour nap for about 2 weeks followed by 10 hours of sleep per night for 3 weeks

Hopefully everyone(me) will have learned something from all this.

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #144,189 of 149,685
If you want modern, go modern! Gogo Penguin, Mammal Hands, Portico Quartet. Or my current GOAT, Chief Xian aTunde Adjuah (Christian Scott)
and Snarky Puppy.

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #144,190 of 149,685
Some of you were kind enough to enquire after me during my 3-month absence from Head-Fi and were kind enough to welcome me back upon my return. I have recovered enough to share with you what I have learned during my adventures.

1. The fruit of the Paw Paw Tree https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asimina_triloba is considered a delicacy but contains a neurotoxin that can cause Nausea and Vomiting in susceptible individuals. The episodes can be severe and can last over 17 hours. It is important to rehydrate between episodes of nausea and vomiting with World Health Organization Oral Rehydration Fluid or you will be forced to the hospital for IV fluids. It is important to watch for lack of urine output. Once the vomiting stops, jaundice can set in, luckily this only lasts a few days. Even in nonsusceptible people, heavy consumption of the fruit can lead to early Parkinson's Disease.

2. Influenza and food poisoning together can present with symptoms similar to Norovirus, leading to a delay in diagnosis and treatment.

5. Self treatment of asthma and inappropriate avoidance of systemic steroids can lead to high intrathoracic pressure, causing decrease in cardiac output. This can lead to your spouse finding you passed out on the floor.

6. Subsequently awaking in the hospital with your spouse threatening you with certain death.

7. Self Loathing, when you realize that the low cardiac out led to mild rhabdomyolysis.

8. Systemic steroids can interfere with your sleep and make you lose muscle mass.

9. Recovery requires rest. A lot of it. 10 hours a night plus a 2 hour nap for about 2 weeks followed by 10 hours of sleep per night for 3 weeks

Dammmmmmm!! :anguished:

Glad to have you back and on the mend.

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #144,191 of 149,685
Eh... Anything new? Like, somebody after the 60s? Anybody from the last quarter century?
Check out N To The Power, a group from NYC. Cool ensemble with a neat instrumental synergy between them. Very well recorded, too. John DeVore hipped his viewers to them in a recent YouTube video.

Bandcamp Page

IMG_6851.jpeg

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #144,192 of 149,685

Wow, sorry to hear about this and welcome back and I will stay away from Paw-Paw fruit.

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #144,193 of 149,685

So sorry to hear that. As an ex-nurse I’d claim second place as worst patient group. Stay away from the poke salad.

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #144,194 of 149,685
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 03.28.52.png

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #144,195 of 149,685
Wow, sorry to hear about this and welcome back and I will stay away from Paw-Paw fruit.
So, no Picking up Paw-Paws and putting them in you pocket? :smirk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back