Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 18, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #143,971 of 149,689
Who are you again? I lived through making you an amp without strangling the first human being I came across, you will take what I build and like it.🤪🤪

You are right about the thinner shelves though. I was thinking 3/8 and routing the edges to show off the tiger stripes more.
I like everything you've built so far. But there's still a lot of future ahead. 🤣 🤣

I like the rounded edge idea. And another idea would be a single (or maybe dual) backpost and have the shelves cantilevered. The mini components don't weigh much.

Kinda like this, except the shelves could fit into a cut in the back post(s) rather than extend behind:

1710803431074.png

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #143,972 of 149,689
French Lick sounds far more appealing than Lizard Lick, but I'm moving to Intercourse regardless. 🤣
Starting late arn't we?

Mar 18, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #143,973 of 149,689
I like everything you've built so far. But there's still a lot of future ahead. 🤣 🤣

I like the rounded edge idea. And another idea would be a single (or maybe dual) backpost and have the shelves cantilevered. The mini components don't weigh much.

Kinda like this, except the shelves could fit into a cut in the back post(s) rather than extend behind:

1710803431074.png
I think that you like what Tom produces because it is easier and cheaper than finding your own solutions.

Mar 18, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #143,974 of 149,689
This thread is moving so damn fast I can't keep up unless I am in it every single day. I am 5 days and like 50 pages behind..

Can AI be used to provide a daily or weekly emailed update of this thread, complete with filters to cut out the things you find noisy?

Like say you dont want to read about BBQ..

Or maybe you only want to read cat posts...

Maybe you want a mix of Schiit and Music talk..

Maybe you love it all, but only want to read a best of Schiit recap...

Also.... in like the last 3-5 months there must be 20+ pages worth of posts where people only post to comment on how far behind they are in the thread...

Would those posts be 5th order harmonics?

While this post was more noise on top of noise, I am hopeful the AI suggestion might provide useful to someone who has learned to harness it...(not me, yet, that day is coming, as I contemplate trying my hand at overemployment....)

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #143,975 of 149,689
Yeah… the objective tests are biologic measurements like kidney and liver function… sure… those were done and correlated in real time precisely, no doubt {sarcasm}. Snake oil anyone?
C-Wave will never make it. Big Pharma will never allow it. PCM was developed by pharmaceutical companies to ensure our constant state of unhealthiness.

Suffering from ED? It's PCM! Suffering from hair loss? It's PCM! Obese? HBP? Lazy eye? Migraines? Low A1C? It's all due to PCM!! 👿

** The military should replace all ICBMs with IPCMs. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #143,976 of 149,689
This thread is moving so damn fast I can't keep up unless I am in it every single day. I am 5 days and like 50 pages behind..

Can AI be used to provide a daily or weekly emailed update of this thread, complete with filters to cut out the things you find noisy?

Also.... in like the last 3-5 months there must be 20+ pages worth of posts where people only post to comment on how far behind they are in the thread...

While this post was more noise on top of noise, I am hopeful the AI suggestion might provide useful to someone who has learned to harness it...(not me, yet, that day is coming, as I contemplate trying my hand at overemployment....)
Are you SURE you want A.I. running things?

1710805510279.png

Mar 18, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #143,977 of 149,689
I'm p[anning on setting up a small second system in my work room with either a leftover Saga S or leftover Freya S, with a pair of M&K S-3B monitors.
I can't decide if I should use one of two leftover Haflers (DH-120 or 220) or sell those off and grab me an Aegir 2...
Oy.
You can buy my spare Vidar OG :)

Mar 18, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #143,978 of 149,689

Pro tip: If you use the 'ignore' function to exclude posts from everyone other than yourself, it makes catching up much easier. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #143,980 of 149,689
Up until the recent mention of Intercourse, Lizard Lick, NC has been my favorite. Not clear on what the lizard is licking though..... :laughing:
Well, obviously those are sister cities. I leave the rest to your fertile imagination. Don't go making your and @Ripper2860 Barbies jealous now, though...

Mar 18, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #143,981 of 149,689
Oi! Actually, you should hear the Yinzers around here pronounce North Versailles. I'm not French and it's irritates me immensely in when it comes out as 'Versales'.
You should hear how they butcher French names in Vermont. Quadruple oi! Whenever I drive through Vergennes, VT I get corrected (mis-corrected?).

Mar 18, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #143,982 of 149,689
Mar 18, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #143,983 of 149,689
We do have French Lick of course, home of the great Larry Bird, the hick from French Lick.
If you're a b-ball fan (and, being from Indiana, of course you are) you should check out the video that describes why Mr. Bird is the G.O.A.T., surpassing the amateurish skills of some dude named Jordan.

I lived in Boston while Larry and company pwned the NBA repeatedly....

Mar 18, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #143,984 of 149,689
French Lick sounds far more appealing than Lizard Lick, but I'm moving to Intercourse regardless. 🤣
Don't expect any action just because of a place name. 🙃

Mar 18, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #143,985 of 149,689
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back