Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 16, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #143,541 of 149,702
I'm a few pages behind and don't know if this has been answered or not but it's not heat that's the issue here but magnetics.
Magnetics could be a separate issue. The comment in the manual about not stacking Tyrs was referring to heat.

12323848.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.02.36 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.02.36 PM.png
    256.6 KB · Views: 0
Mar 16, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #143,544 of 149,702
A few weeks ago I was silently laughing at @dstrimbu for getting so far behind.
Tonight after I go to an early dinner I find that I'm now 7 pages behind. Hard to keep up!

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #143,546 of 149,702
A few weeks ago I was silently laughing at @dstrimbu for getting so far behind.
Tonight after I go to an early dinner I find that I'm now 7 pages behind. Hard to keep up!

the struggle is real, thankfully cat and dog pics make it easier... oh and the occasional post from Jason...

Mar 16, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #143,547 of 149,702
Like with a lot of our subjective impressions, sounds like it would be really hard to draw "definitive" conclusions from another's experience with any particular tube variant? Let alone accounting for the human variation in the manufacture of each specific tube...

I guess, if someone were to say, "This Melz 1578 sounds really good in the Vali2++ with my HD650" that's the level of "reporting" necessary...?
Yes. The more info on what accompanies that tube the better, at least if you're trying to describe it to others. But the thing still missing from even that level of detail is personal preference. That combo may be the cat's meow to you but leave me uninspired (or vice versa). I think there are general 'characters' for a lot of the more popular tubes out there that can be applied across many different components and transducers, but at the end it's still going to be a matter of whether a particular tube nails it for you personally or not. And the only way to know is to try. Expensive? Sure can be, but doesn't have to be as there are a lot of very good sounding tubes out there that don't cost a fortune.

Mar 16, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #143,548 of 149,702
Try an MMB2 and I'll buy it from you once you decide it sux or you need an Yggy.

I wish it were easier to find live unamplified music in the wild. Symphonies and opera seem to be about it these days....
I believe that you aren't looking very hard. Most of the music I listen to is acoustic and unplugged. And damn little of it is classical, and none of it is jazz.

Am I the only one here tha just doesn't like JAZZ? I've never figured out why, I love atonal and percussive classical, but just dislike almost all jazz.

Mar 16, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #143,549 of 149,702
Catacombs… epic

Midleton-worthy

IMG_1237.jpeg

Mar 16, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #143,550 of 149,702
Am I the only one here tha just doesn't like JAZZ? I've never figured out why, I love atonal and percussive classical, but just dislike almost all jazz.
I find that there's way too much (breadth) that's categorized as "jazz". There's a lot of atonal screeching to my ears that I just can't take yet is highly celebrated, but then there's another whole section that I find super relaxing. And no, I'm not talking about smooth jazz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back