Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 2, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #141,721 of 149,688

PDF is the great savior of the written word.

Save a PDF manual to my computer, and transfer it to my tablet.

Out of copyright books, the same.

I'm an "older" person, but I love PDF.
And before PDF was ODA. Open Document Architecture was an industry initiative to develop an open standard approach to formatting, saving, sharing and printing documents. It had most of the big global (hardware) vendors and it was quite fun for a few years.

Cheers

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:53 AM Post #141,722 of 149,688
I'm wandering? I've been in Texas, and enjoy your beef barbecue. I enjoy my native NC pork barbecue.

Why would you like to see NC barbecue disappear?
Of course not. Not to be obvious, but the "BBQ wars" on this forum are all in fun and basically something to fill in the gaps between Jason's chapters. :beerchug:

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #141,723 of 149,688
These things are not hoarding. They, along with my cast iron skillets, La Cruset Dutch Ovens, All Clad stainless, 2 very specific grills/smokers and 6 very specific kitchen knives are the necessary things for my core happiness. Though we try to drink down the wine collection a bit before moving.
This!

Yeah, moved all the Le Creuset (the suite, as it were)… I left that smoker in Texas with my son, who has it now in Arizona. And, I sold 6 cases of some of my wine to free up $9000 for moving expenses… by then, after 4 years, we’d drunk it down to a more manageable 700 bottles to be moved (back). TBH, until I finished building the insulated wine cellar in the basement (just 2 months ago), it kinda did look line “wine hoarding” in the basement, with 60 boxes of 12 each scattered all about…

Mar 2, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #141,724 of 149,688
Just turned away a car the wife was looking at this evening. Hybrid SUV, no spare, run flats…
The Mazda came stock with run flats. Hated those tires. If I want my teeth jarred by every pebble and surface crack on the road, I'll drive a forklift. I was fortunate to successfully wear them out in 12k miles. 🤣

Mar 2, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #141,725 of 149,688
I suspect that there is a systems issue. I ordered the Magni, got no order confirmation or shipping details. When I quried status, Schiit told me that it had been delivered.

Sure enough, it was hidden on the front porch, but I had no emails at all.

Cheers

(@Ripper2860 will be away for the next several hours while he completely dismantles his front porch....) :laughing:

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #141,726 of 149,688
I'm
I suspect that there is a systems issue. I ordered the Magni, got no order confirmation or shipping details. When I quried status, Schiit told me that it had been delivered.

Sure enough, it was hidden on the front porch, but I had no emails at all.

Cheers
I think it is just a general hold-up awaiting manuals. My order still shows as "authorized" and not "paid" with the CANCEL ORDER option still available. No indication that it has shipped. Plus, I get a text from FedEx whenever a package is coming my way as I have a FedEx account and they let me know when anyone ships something to my associated ship-to address.

Must be patient. Must be patient. Must be patient. :D

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #141,727 of 149,688
This!

Yeah, moved all the Le Creuset (the suite, as it were)… I left that smoker in Texas with my son, who has it now in Arizona. And, I sold 6 cases of some of my wine to free up $9000 for moving expenses… by then, after 4 years, we’d drunk it down to a more manageable 700 bottles to be moved (back). TBH, until I finished building the insulated wine cellar in the basement (just 2 months ago), it kinda did look line “wine hoarding” in the basement, with 60 boxes of 12 each scattered all about…
With wine, that's not hoarding. It's 'aging.' 🤣

Mar 2, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #141,728 of 149,688
Not long ago we were talking about Tom Waits cover albums and I was given suggestions that were quite good.
HCTemptation.jpg

I also found Temptation by Holly Cole that I have been listening to today, and I really like it. This brings me to my least favorite Waits cover album entitled Anywhere I Lay My Head by Scarlett Johansson. I am not sure I can find the words to describe it but you kind souls can suffer through it if you dare. :triportsad: It is like there is a wall of sound but that wall should have been taller and wider.

s-l640-220940068.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #141,731 of 149,688
Mar 2, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #141,734 of 149,688
Mar 2, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #141,735 of 149,688
Aside to the aside: as evidenced by some insane people using Tyrs to drive Raal ribbon headphones DIRECTLY, as in, connect Tyr (a differential amp, each half seeing half the load) into 0.2 ohms. No problem. Don’t crank it up, or it will click off. But no problem.

Yeah, pretty sure I was the first to do this on my Raal CA1A October 5th 2022. It never clipped, never got warm. Used a freya+ in passive mode. It was heavenly. Tyrs now on speaker duty.

Here is my post from @GoldenSound patreon chat

1709398456329.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back