Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 13, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #139,456 of 152,776
I love clicking on random albums within the wheelhouse of my genre preferences that I am completely unfamiliar with - to me, it's one of the great thrills of having thousands of recordings available at my fingertips for the cost of a movie theater popcorn and soda each month.

Last night it was a pair of very contemporary Classical works written for my favorite cellist, Mstislav Rostropovich. The final movement of the Shchedrin is especially magical.

IMG_6488.jpeg
I appreciate when the artwork is posted because it helps me find the exact recording that is being referenced. I've heard so much great music in classical, jazz, world, etc outside of my normal rock, prog & metal wheelhouses! My Schiit gear is getting a workout with my never ending playlist additions!

Feb 13, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #139,457 of 152,776
1000009448.jpg

Feb 13, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #139,458 of 152,776
I appreciate when the artwork is posted because it helps me find the exact recording that is being referenced. I've heard so much great music in classical, jazz, world, etc outside of my normal rock, prog & metal wheelhouses! My Schiit gear is getting a workout with my never ending playlist additions!
May be you will like this one too.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 01.43.24.png

Edit, one more.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 02.11.18.png

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #139,459 of 152,776
Hi all,

I'm a longtime lurker with only a few posts under my belt, but I wanted to pop in and share. I just snagged a last call aegir to go with my other one before they were gone so I can monoblock, and holy moly I'm digging it! One aegir drove my Tekton lore minis just fine, but two is definitely an improvement.

Also, a skoll made it's way into my cart with the aegir, so now with my Freya+ and modius, my system is fully balanced for the first time. I haven't had a chance to really listen to it yet, but I'm really pumped about the skoll as well. My OG Mani will go downstairs into my emotiva based office system.

I saw the other dog pics and couldn't resist. It's perpetually nap time here. These two love chilling to some music. My wife and I are both musicians and avid jazz lovers. The dogs like recorded music of all kinds, but they go into a frenzy when my wife plays her saxophone in the house.
1000002526.jpg

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #139,460 of 152,776
Hi all,

I'm a longtime lurker with only a few posts under my belt, but I wanted to pop in and share. I just snagged a last call aegir to go with my other one before they were gone so I can monoblock, and holy moly I'm digging it! One aegir drove my Tekton lore minis just fine, but two is definitely an improvement.

Also, a skoll made it's way into my cart with the aegir, so now with my Freya+ and modius, my system is fully balanced for the first time. I haven't had a chance to really listen to it yet, but I'm really pumped about the skoll as well. My OG Mani will go downstairs into my emotiva based office system.

I saw the other dog pics and couldn't resist. It's perpetually nap time here. These two love chilling to some music. My wife and I are both musicians and avid jazz lovers. The dogs like recorded music of all kinds, but they go into a frenzy when my wife plays her saxophone in the house.
1000002526.jpg

I also want to buy the last call Aegir, but one of my speakers is 4 ohms, 85dB ... others are 6 ohms, sensitivity even a little bit lower ...

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #139,461 of 152,776
I see a still in your avatar. Do you work at a distillery by chance?

Feb 13, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #139,462 of 152,776
Hi all,

1000002526.jpg

Welcome to the thread. i'll forgo the standard "sorry for you wallet" greeting since you seem to be aware of the problem already.

:beerchug:
JC

Feb 13, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #139,463 of 152,776
Hi all,

1000002526.jpg
Is that a Bob's Furniture sofa? The one I have looks extremely similar, but with 3 "seats". Microfiber type of material. Holds up really well with the dogs in my home. The sofa my wife bought (different brand and material) has little rips all over the place that I need to patch.

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #139,465 of 152,776
We have to disagree. My tuner sounds just as good or better than the local classic station online. I suspect that most radio stations send online a digital version of its FM 15kHz band-limited signal and compresses it to at best 128kbps, on top.

Edited
I'm with you on this one, @adias . I'll take the limitations of analog FM over compressed digital-artifact streaming radio.

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #139,466 of 152,776
IMG_3006.jpeg

My boy Bear!

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #139,467 of 152,776
I'm with you on this one, @adias . I'll take the limitations of analog FM over compressed digital-artifact streaming radio.
... think of the hue & cry in U.K. about BBC going to / pushing DAB, away from 'analogue' FM broadcasting ...

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #139,468 of 152,776
Yep, makes no sense. My computer is always on anyway and anything I want is just a click away. And FM sounds like ass...
A summer storm sent the electricity AWOL here recently. I was forced to do some reading for a few hours from the paper
stuff, remember that? Then I found my old 7" Android tablet that's been plugged into power for like forever. I plugged in
my hifi headphones and began trying out its FM radio app, mostly to get news on what was happening. I live near a big city, and the power rarely goes out for any length of time. I really thought the sound would be... well, not too good. I was wrong. It was actually pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back