Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 18, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #136,786 of 150,255
My wife hates Led. Zeppelin, she says the vocals are like a dying cat. Sooo imagine my surprise when I find her jamming out to the Beth Hart Zeppelin tribute album.! She said she found it playing when she put my headphones on and fell in love.. :ksc75smile: :darthsmile:

Fulla E to Piety into my Grado 325e headphones.... And her mind was blown.

Edit she just announced she needs a Piety at her work station. :beerchug:

I can relate: my favorite Tom Waits songs are covers...

Of course, hates Led Zeppelin? Mrs. Sinister Whisperz is a philistine... Oh, wait, I've often wanted karaoke versions for Guns 'n Roses songs...

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #136,787 of 150,255
Many Apple Classic albums have attached 'liner' notes.
Ahhhhh... now I'm tracking. The pdf booklets are one my favorite features on Qobuz. I wish more than just classical albums had them.

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #136,788 of 150,255
I can relate: my favorite Tom Waits songs are covers...

Of course, hates Led Zeppelin? Mrs. Sinister Whisperz is a philistine... Oh, wait, I've often wanted karaoke versions for Guns 'n Roses songs...
.... I prefer karaoke versions of Marcel Marceau .... 🤔😯🙂🙃🙂 ....

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #136,789 of 150,255
What's still surprising to me is that the Modius E replaced a Multibit DAC in one of my rigs (MMB1), and that's something I wouldn't have previously thought a ~$200 delta-sigma DAC could possibly do.

(Catching up. Again. is it just me, or has the # of posts per day accelerated lately? Did I miss a post where someone offered a financial prize for hitting the 500,000 mark?)

We don't give enough credit, often enough, for how Schiit is RELENTLESS in pushing higher quality performance ... subjective and objective ... into their lower-cost tiers.

"That will cannibalize our mid-line product? NO PROBLEM ... just DO IT !!!"

Schiit must be an extremely disconcerting competitor in the marketplace. They're constantly re-setting the price-to-performance curves, in every niche they touch.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #136,790 of 150,255
(Catching up. Again. is it just me, or has the # of posts per day accelerated lately? Did I miss a post where someone offered a financial prize for hitting the 500,000 mark?)

We don't give enough credit, often enough, for how Schitt is RELENTLESS in pushing higher quality performance ... subjective and objective ... into their lower-cost tiers.

"That will cannibalize our mid-line product? NO PROBLEM ... just DO IT !!!"

Schiit must be an extremely disconcerting competitor in the marketplace. They're constantly re-setting the price-to-performance curves, in everty niche they touch.

And somehow makes their other line up relevant at the same time. Midgard might be the cleanest sounding Schiit amp ever with excellent resolution for the price yet it doesn’t make the Asgard 3 irrelevant or it doesn’t cannibalize the Asgard since they have completely opposite sound signatures and owning both can actually make your system pretty much compatible with every headphone out there save for Tungsten. Eg. Dry sounding Aeon Noires sounds best with Asgard 3 while plankton laden HD6XX/650 and Focals are perfectly suited for Midgard Halo output

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:15 AM Post #136,791 of 150,255
Jan 19, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #136,792 of 150,255
Jan 19, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #136,793 of 150,255
My wife hates Led. Zeppelin, she says the vocals are like a dying cat. Sooo imagine my surprise when I find her jamming out to the Beth Hart Zeppelin tribute album.! She said she found it playing when she put my headphones on and fell in love.. :ksc75smile: :darthsmile:

Fulla E to Piety into my Grado 325e headphones.... And her mind was blown.

Edit she just announced she needs a Piety at her work station. :beerchug:

Beth Hart is an amazing artist. Mrs F and I saw her at the end of 2021, and came out the gig emotionally drained.

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #136,794 of 150,255
... I keep reading all over this forum about this or that streaming service and some streaming device...and it would be cool to find the new way for music sources
My advice for this:
* Wiim Pro
* Tidal CD Quality Tier Subscription
* Tidal App on Apple Handheld Device

"Cast" or "Stream" from your Handheld to the Wiim and you are set. Inexpensive way to dip your toes...

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #136,795 of 150,255
@Timster expects to release a revised Schiit Sine Wave in two months.

sine wave.jpg

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #136,796 of 150,255
Jan 19, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #136,798 of 150,255
My uncle was an avionics lead engineer on the 747, undoubtedly rolling in his grave
My son is a commercial pilot. He’s been flying Airbus 320-class for a couple of years now, and is in process of moving over to Southwest. Southwest’ entire fleet is 737’s. My son has long preferred FLYING of Boeing’s to AB’s because it’s more manual/involved/skill-using versus the almost entire fly-by-wire Airbus.

Both have issues related to fundamental design choices.

Boeing’s are “complicated” by all the globalist/financialization imperatives insituted during the “merger” with McDonnel Douglass; basically the bean-counters took over the culture from the engineers.

The 737Max saga is fascinating to follow, and a real “tell” on the idiocy of today’s large American company governance; putting too many things ahead of actual quality and merit… for stupid reasons.

So, we worry (a bit, not a lot, there’s a TON of safety’s and check’s, etc.)

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #136,799 of 150,255
Maybe I was talking about a different Elon? Possibly Elon J. Farnsworth? :wink:

My Loraxen (is that the plural?) will probably be waiting quite a bit longer....

P.S. there is no evidence I've been able to find, other than EM's claptrap, that he paid anywhere near that much in taxes.... Tesla, the company, paid $0.
Not completely accurate.

Tesla (the company) paid at least 7.65% of their entire payroll cost in taxes, before any OTHER taxes. Just like all their employees did.

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #136,800 of 150,255
Not completely accurate.

Tesla (the company) paid at least 7.65% of their entire payroll cost in taxes, before any OTHER taxes. Just like all their employees did.
This was for people like me that are now spending it. You're welcome. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back