Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 14, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #136,321 of 155,083
All of this talk about alcohol could drive a man to drink. 😄
You’re catching on! Slowly, but each at their own speed! :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #136,323 of 155,083
If pursuing a nap is a credible goal, I'm gonna be good at this. 🤣
Napping is not allowed! Have another red bull, there’s work to be done!

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #136,325 of 155,083
I visited the MJ3 thread there after Currawongs review to add to the impressions people had and encountered at least three pages of Kung Fu/David Carradine discussion by the purr guy who is a/one of the big cheeses there I gather then when someone inquired about the MJ3 was told to bugger off as it was the wrong thread for that. I bought the MJ3, not based Kung Fu musings. I just don’t get their love of arbitrary/silly rules and can only read so many posts about why people shouldn’t post. That said I’m pretty done with the P word.
3 pages of David Carradine Kung Fu? That's a lot of Bullshido. There wasn't any Kung Fu in the show. No one who knew Kung Fu was willing to allow it to be filmed for a TV show. ALL of the fight choreography was done by Judo players and choreographers.

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #136,326 of 155,083
I came across this today when I was looking for videos on dovetail jigs. It’s an article on audio myths. It’s entertaining and the authors heart is in the right place but I don’t think the statements are quite that cut and dried. The tube vs transistor section is one I would take issue with.
He is so certain. Proclaimed with the fervor of a preacher.

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #136,327 of 155,083
I use the word "speed" to describe how fast a sound decays in a headphone. If slow, the HP sounds warm, if fast, the HP sounds brighter. I once heard a mate's system, at a headphone meet, that was so warm it sounded gooey. I didn't tell him that (he's a nice guy). But, I didn't care for the sound. I know ... I'm basically fulla schiit. :)
Classic article regarding the experience of listening:
https://www.stereophile.com/reference/23/index.html

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #136,330 of 155,083
I visited the MJ3 thread there after Currawongs review to add to the impressions people had and encountered at least three pages of Kung Fu/David Carradine discussion by the purr guy who is a/one of the big cheeses there I gather then when someone inquired about the MJ3 was told to bugger off as it was the wrong thread for that. I bought the MJ3, not based Kung Fu musings. I just don’t get their love of arbitrary/silly rules and can only read so many posts about why people shouldn’t post. That said I’m pretty done with the P word.
It’s a bit ironic how the threads fly off the rails there sometimes. High SNR posting is highly encouraged over there. The polar opposite of here. :gs1000smile:

I can’t get myself to buy a MJ3. The Valhalla/Rekkr combo is so nice.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #136,332 of 155,083
Today’s bluesfest. Found this on bandcamp today.
1705276117393.png

Jan 14, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #136,333 of 155,083
Did any of us hear about this auction?
I heard about it. The auction was bid-only-if-you-can-come-get-it-yourself-physically basis.

Jan 14, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #136,334 of 155,083
OMG - my first audio system i was genuinely satisfied with; his recommended Audionics of Oregon BT2 Pre, CC2 Amp driving Speakerlab 30's
I did subscribe to his magazine, “The Audio Critic,” for a few years. I did enjoy his enthusiasm for gear that performed beyond it’s price point.

Probably my favorite audio publication was Art Dudley’s “Listener.” Art’s photo captions alone were worth the price!

I miss Art, and he was a cat, dog, and bunny lover!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back