Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 12, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #136,008 of 155,073
On a serious note, it's that extra ebb and flow on the volume gradations/inflections that is missing on some systems but on other systems, you'll pick up right away. The intro guitar work from Hotel California from Hell Freezes over is a good track to compare and contrast a system with less plankton than the other.
Ticket.jpg

I don't recall any plankton coming to mind, and I'm ever so grateful.

Jan 12, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #136,009 of 155,073
Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #136,010 of 155,073
Ticket.jpg
I don't recall any plankton coming to mind, and I'm ever so grateful.

So you don't remember this poor guy, I suppose...

1000004244.jpg

Come on! Will you PLEASE SIT DOWN!? You're blocking my view!

Jan 12, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #136,013 of 155,073
OMG now I have to deal with more glittering adjectives that are really confusing me bigtime.
Magic spice ratio....seriously ??
Micro Details.
PRat.
Engagement Factor ??
I give up back to the music and listening...
You folks can debate these to me, esoteric terms that are well....

I never learned these terms getting my degree in EE stuff...must have been binging during that class!!
LOL!

Each to their own...the best!
Alex

@Ableza
"If I had access to the HeadFi censor engine I'd ban that word. It has NO meaning in audio. What you are describing has nothing to do with equipment and everything to do with subjective perception."

Could not agree with you more!

:>)
Alex
On a more serious note? Cough, cough, splutter, splutter... I found this news report from the internet coming down gossamer tentacles in dream-like entangled digits to my computer screen, so it must be real, and I quote,

The victim was found on the floor in a puddle of green slime. A witness was heard to say it happened after he received some Schitt on his doorstep. Apparently, sometime later, after this much-anticipated event, the witness heard plankton go up through the roof, whereupon it, unfortunately, came down again.

Jan 12, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #136,014 of 155,073
It's gotta great bark to it... but still... best to ensure you have a proper selection of music for cats. Probably not recorded with a single stereo ribbon mic... not nearly as purrfect. :smile_cat:

The dogs know the wife and I are headed out when they hear one of us say "Alexa. Play smooth jazz for pets."

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #136,017 of 155,073
They're good. There's no Yanni or Michael Bolton on the playlist. :smirk:

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #136,019 of 155,073
I lived in Breckenridge, CO in the 1970s (as a child, grades 1-6). My dad owned a tow truck company and he would pick me up after school in the winter months and we'd drive around town pulling Texans out of the ditch.

Vancouverites have nothing on Texans. :beerchug:
I don't know much about drivers in the rest of TX, but Houstonians, as a group, drive badly on dry pavement when the sun is shining. I think I posted a couple of photos taken through my windshield while I was driving to work the day of the Big Freeze in '21. I didn't feel bad about using my phone while driving, I was the only one on 610, five lanes all to myself.

Apropos of nothing, possibly, has anybody mated a pair of Tyrs with open baffle speakers?
Robert Greenberg...

That's the beauty of it. In my new non-occupation, I don't need to make excuses. 🤣
You had a previous occupation?

Jargon = using non-standardized terms in a standardized sector. Instead of noise floor, making up background because you may not have a technical education.

Slang = urban terms used to express experiences or emotions in lieu of conventional vocabulary or to sound "hip" (which is an example of slang).
Shoot, you beat me to it... My version is: jargon = non-standard/ made-up words used by groups with common occupations, slang = non-standard/ made-up words used by groups with common culture. Yes, I realize all words were "made-up" at some time.

Good luck and remember to not make any arguments that are not supported by data. :)
What? Did you mean, "Don't dish any Schiit not propped by numbers 24/7"?

Jan 12, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #136,020 of 155,073
This is highly appreciated.
You hear a lot of horror stories about Californians moving to Texas, and I'll make sure to get Texas plates for the car first chance I get.
But I'm hoping that my German accent will buy me some acceptance in the area. That, and the fact that I'm moving to Texas not because I want to turn Texas into California, but precisely because it is not California.

I generally hate moving, but I'm actually looking forward to this one!
My brother lived in Boerne (north of San Antonio) for a while (from California) and the family enjoyed the area a lot. He would move back if he could. As you have discovered, the German is strong in the region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back