Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 11, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #135,781 of 153,221
Graphs like that prove to me one thing: the author knows how to make pretty bar charts.
I looked at the graph, and I have no idea what it means. How was ****ery measured? How was harmonic
upload_2023-10-31_10-53-7.png

For context this is the graph.. referenced a page or so back... to say that Schiit DAC have an "issue" with treble "F'kery" is a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit overstated.....

Even on this graph, most
Schiit MB dacs are right around a -1 on the "F'kery" scale.... 0 being baseline...

I will say my Gungnir multibit (unconfirmed A2) is the brightest Schiit Dac I own.... but really all that means to me, for my preferences, is tha I need to be careful with what I listen to when pairing Ragnarok and Gumby together when using Focal Clears or my Magnepan LRSs.....

Gumby is great with everything else I own...

Yggy OG A2 is great with everything....

Bifrost 2 OG is great with everything...

Another thing, I believe Schiits DAC products are voiced to their vision of natural sounding.

SBAF's version of "ahhh this has a bit more treble then I find natural.....it has some F'kery to it......" could very well be Mike, Dave, Jason and the rest of the Schiit crews version of "this sounds so natural.... it reminds of when I saw X in concert.... their voices and strings just seemed so great.... this Dac reminds of that...."

I do find the graph accurate in how it compares the dacs to each other though.... maybe SBAFs -1 is Schiits 0......

Lastly, A number of people on SBAF specifically think the OG A1 yggy was the best sounding yggy schiit made, and all it needed was a firmware update.... and OG A1 is the Schiit dac with the MOST treble "F'kery", according to the graph....

IMO, YMMV and all that...
I look at this graph and nothing is really defined. How is harmonic richness measured? How is treble ****ery measured? In db. or fcks/second?

There was a time years ago that I would get fatigued when listening to music and it could cause headaches. As my equipment improved this went away. Nothing I own from Schiit causes any issues and I can listen for hours. I feel fortunate every time I turn my system on. I never thought equipment would ever be this good, and I never thought that I would have this great of a system.

Jan 11, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #135,785 of 153,221
I was thinking she supports hairy legs and underarms but, hey, you do you. :)
Thanks for totally ruining the one brief bit of happiness that I allowed myself today. :rolling_eyes:

Jan 11, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #135,787 of 153,221
Maybe instead of VU meters, Schiit can implement plankton meters and call them PU meters.

Eagles - Hotel California from Hell Freezes over has a schiit ton of plankton. That PU meter be jumping mad!

Jan 11, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #135,789 of 153,221
Not to pick words apart, but I will anyway:

"Known". By who? Not me. The only thing that is truly known is that you hear it and I don't. Anything beyond that is just projection.

"Helpful". So what I'm gathering from this chart is one person's subjective opinion based on his one person preferences listening through his one person set of associated components. Maybe that's helpful to you, but it doesn't even ping the radar as information of any value...to me. Of course I'm still trying to wrap my head around "plankton," so it's probably just a character flaw on my end. :smile:
plankton = another glittering adjective that means what????
to me nothing...IMO of course.

Jan 11, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #135,790 of 153,221
Yiggy is in the shop? Or worse, you had to bury it out back when your heard @bcowen was moving nearby? 🤣

I'm a bit bummed as I can't sell anything from my Classifieds listings. I can't ship anything since I had to bury all my cardboard boxes.

Yggy is safe from @bcowen. Cardboard? Not so much. :unamused:

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #135,791 of 153,221
Funny you posted that as a response to something I said. Dr. Cox my spirit animal.
Mine would be ALF, hands down
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 2.24.27 PM.png

Jan 11, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #135,792 of 153,221
Yiggy is in the shop? Or worse, you had to bury it out back when your heard @bcowen was moving nearby? 🤣
His backyard is full of used Barbie dolls. He'll have to buy some land to bury anything more. :smile:

Jan 11, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #135,793 of 153,221
Pantech
Yep. It started as a joke by Lonnie Vaughn at Emotiva that they were working on hundreds of new products including a toaster. Dan Laughlan made it real. It was a limited production run a few years ago. :)

Ok. If Emotiva can make a toaster, then @Jason Stoddard definitely can!

(And yes, I still haven't caught up. It's still last year where I am on the sine wave... 😆😆)

Jan 11, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #135,794 of 153,221

Users who are viewing this thread

Back