Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 28, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #134,341 of 155,228
I referred this to Mike, Dave, and Ivana (our in-house Ph.D, who develops our own algorithms) a while back. They kinda sniffed and said, "..."
I would love, love, love a collection (or a video) of all the things those three musketeers have sniffed at....

Dec 28, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #134,343 of 155,228
Wouldn't that make it self-aware? OMG. Skynet. Honestly, I'm not prepared to see Arnold in the nude at his current age.... 🤣
Were/are you prepared to see him nude at some other age?!

Dec 28, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #134,346 of 155,228
Were/are you prepared to see him nude at some other age?!
My wife is/was. I've offered to take off my shirt for her multiple times, but she always says "not the same," whatever that means. 🤣

Dec 28, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #134,348 of 155,228
Oh sure... try to make me cave to your Fotonic inflationary pressure. However, Bob already wrote the definitive tune: "One Glass, One Plate, One Love." :ksc75smile:

Unless... you want to trade all your 6J5s/7A4s for a pair of ECG Dual Plate 5814s. Your call. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
A whole pair of the tube equivalent of a cheap, badly engineered Class D amp? Really hard to pass that up, but I'd hate to deprive you. 🤣

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #134,350 of 155,228
I do not understand where this technology would fit in Schiit's product line. I believe [yes, I may be wrong] that no current Schiit product employs a volume control that is not in the analog domain. Employing a digital or LEEDH volume control would involve the addition of a LOT of parts and active circuitry. It sound to me like a $500 solution to a $50 problem. Then, I have been wrong about a lot more things than I have been right----just ask my wife.

I agree, and furthermore, while I may be dense, I fail to see the compelling use case for fully digital volume attenuation in a system that by every definition must eventually output analog sound waves. Even if there is a compelling use case, I would imagine that it would best be done in software (such as embedded in a music player app) rather than in hardware. Again, I may be missing something important and if so I apologize for my ignorance.

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #134,353 of 155,228
My wife is/was. I've offered to take off my shirt for her multiple times, but she always says "not the same," whatever that means. 🤣
Well, maybe you're doing it wrong. My wife seems to be very receptive to me keeping my shirt on and losing the trousers. :wink:

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #134,354 of 155,228
I agree, and furthermore, while I may be dense, I fail to see the compelling use case for fully digital volume attenuation in a system that by every definition must eventually output analog sound waves. Even if there is a compelling use case, I would imagine that it would best be done in software (such as embedded in a music player app) rather than in hardware. Again, I may be missing something important and if so I apologize for my ignorance.
I have a DAC with a digital volume control, which I think is mostly there to allow for no preamp in a 2ch system. Do I ever use the digital volume? Nope 🙂

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #134,355 of 155,228
Well, maybe you're doing it wrong. My wife seems to be very receptive to me keeping my shirt on and losing the trousers. :wink:
She obviously has a thing for chicken legs. :thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back