Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 13, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #128,371 of 150,060
I wish I could but the Denafrips DAC can't do both RCA and XLR output the same time
Maybe you have a different DAC, but I just ran some SE from my Denafrips Ares II to a Magni and balanced from the same DAC to a Mjolnir and both were active. (One was running to speakers and the other to headphones so I was able to determine that they were both running simultaneously.)

Oct 13, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #128,372 of 150,060
Maybe you have a different DAC, but I just ran some SE from my Denafrips Ares II to a Magni and balanced from the same DAC to a Mjolnir and both were active. (One was running to speakers and the other to headphones so I was able to determine that they were both running simultaneously.)
Both are active, you're right but distorted. The manufacturer doesn't recommend that too. I see the HT bypass feature is pretty common in Integrated amp, but not headphones amplifier.

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #128,375 of 150,060
ROFL it's a losing battle. When I started years ago lots of people (including myself) complained because there was no black. Now people complain because they are only black...
Kind of a sad commentary on the human race that any statement that follows the term "people complain" is almost certainly true.

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #128,376 of 150,060
Exactly. To each its own.

If you work on your gear, torx allows you to be assured it will come back together just as new.

No stripping, no marring, torqued to spec, it will all look "oriented".

It's the difference between working on a Porsche or a Corvette, Ducati vs Harley etc.

But hey, some people even prefer the look of flatheads. It's a big world.
There are many otherf formats though, from posidrive (which I don’t hate), to all the security formats, and the tri-lobes (thanks Apple), but whatever. Phillips bits are very prone to wear, too.

But,back to my opinion, I REALLYREALLY like the new screwless tops, Jason!

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #128,377 of 150,060
Being left handed, I want all Schiit products to be fastened with left handed threaded screws!!! 😁
Ye gods…. I had my grandfather’s ‘64 Dodge Polara, push-button transmission, and left-hand thread lug nuts on the left, too. Or was it the right?

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #128,378 of 150,060
flat_head-s (1).jpg
All of them? Flat head = countersunk, no?
Flatheads, and all the others come in many different head types. The slanted, counter-sinkable(?) is but one of many….

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #128,379 of 150,060

I think I'm going to pass on my speaker pedestal idea, ...
Wow, that's one packed room. And your monitor looks like a third Maggie across the desktop, like a center channel:relaxed:

Now, for your next monitor a transparent OLED gaming monitor so you can appreciate the view through your windows :wink:

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #128,380 of 150,060
I'm still patiently waiting for a hot pink option… 😒
Well … off the armchair, step right up …
47B7AD53-F902-4BA6-8F4B-DAA699ACBFC8.jpeg

Oct 14, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #128,383 of 150,060
Playing LPs through Mani2, Kara went berserk, muted itself and the LEDs on the right side flashed continuously. This happened when the stylus on one LP side moved to the runaway inner groove at the end of the side. It appears that Kara went into protection. Only way out to turn it off and on. The manual says nothing about this, or about any protection mode for that matter. Any thoughts?

Oct 14, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #128,385 of 150,060
Let it sit for a minute, and fire it back up? Pick a new track on the record maybe?

Schiit gear like Freya, Rag 2, Vidar, Aegir has had protection for ages. I'm sure Kara does too. Tis a good thing!
Of course? But why? Not an over temp situation. Ambient temp 72F. Turned Mani2 off and on and it did not recover.

The manual, as opposed to other Schiit products, says nothing re error modes.

LP is not warped. Just in case set a 6dB LPF on Mani2. Tried other records - no problem. Weird! I would like to understand the error modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back