Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 10, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #126,151 of 150,803
Here some pictures from yesterday meet at NC. It was fun trying the new Schiit equipment. I am definitely a MJ3 believer now, that amp is super awesome and fun! Someone brought in their Pass Lab amp and a DIY Class A amp and that was a great experience. I didn’t take pictures of the cookies and free lunch, was too busy devouring them than taking pictures of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1236.jpeg
    IMG_1236.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1238.jpeg
    IMG_1238.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1239.jpeg
    IMG_1239.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1240.jpeg
    IMG_1240.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1241.jpeg
    IMG_1241.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1242.jpeg
    IMG_1242.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1243.jpeg
    IMG_1243.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Sep 10, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #126,152 of 150,803
"Portable Schiit Ears"? Do tell...
Ducking Autocorrect appears to have struck again.

There is much construction around here and a number of porta potties were "relocated". We were on the second floor overlooking a divided road and watched one travel gracefully down the far carriageway at a stately pace - especially give the wind speed - down the entire 1/4 mile road.

The unforecast storm was truly impressively violent.

Cheers

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #126,154 of 150,803
Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #126,155 of 150,803
Here some pictures from yesterday meet at NC. It was fun trying the new Schiit equipment. I am definitely a MJ3 believer now, that amp is super awesome and fun! Someone brought in their Pass Lab amp and a DIY Class A amp and that was a great experience. I didn’t take pictures of the cookies and free lunch, was too busy devouring them than taking pictures of it.
Wait, that was yesterday?
Dang it!
I wish someone would have posted a reminder or something leading up to the event… 😒
🤣

Sep 10, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #126,158 of 150,803
Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #126,159 of 150,803
Well its the morning after the "Great" Central North Carolina Schiit Meet!

Wonderful time, good people, lots of fun, good food and snacks! Thanks Graham!
Upon arrival after picking up Jason at his hotel and making the journey down from Raleigh to Pittsboro while setting up in the room.
Second Floor of a really nice new modern facility. Thanks Graham!
A set of early morning T-storms rolled over out area. Those small 'RED" dots on the weather radar scopes indicating high winds, violent etc.
Well it hit the building area and blew over many tables and chairs in a patio area and physically broke several and others went flying down the entrance road.
The Porta-Potty Graham mentioned was being pushed at a high rate down the street for at least several feet!
One person said " I hope the guy got out of there! "...LOL!

It was one of those tic tok video moments....kind of scary.. I thought there might be a tornado lurking...but it passed and a few hours the weather turned into a more normal pattern.

@Paladin79 fyi, I did not win your offer for a custom "something". But your stuff was really appreciated and lots of nice comments. To include the guy who won some of your stuff. "I always wanted to own something Tom had made!"....nice testament to your great craftmanship. Your cables were nice as well!!

One young fellow won nice door prize from Schitt, either LYR or a BF 2/64!

Thanks for Schiit donating this as well as picking up the tab for the whole event!

I brought several non-Schiit devices and several others brought a ton of Brand X gear as well as their Schiit stuff.
Jason made it clear he enjoys seeing other stuff and sharing....amazing for a Company that is ok with other stuff at an event they hold.

Schiit is made up of "good" people!

There was a nice Q&A session at the end and Jason alluded to many neat things on the radar. Oh Boy Of the Schiit ship holds its course your all going to like this!
Sorry cant spill the beans here, but save your pennies!!

1694351498689.png
1694351743766.png
1694351793966.png

1694351832768.png
1694351882536.png

Lots of great listening and surprises!
Alex

Sep 10, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #126,161 of 150,803

Upon arrival after picking up Jason at his hotel and making the journey down from Raleigh to Pittsboro while setting up in the room.
A set of early morning T-storms rolled over out area. Those small 'RED" dots on the weather radar scopes indicating high winds, violent etc.
Well it hit the building area and blew over many tables and chairs in a patio area and physically broke several and others went flying down the entrance road.
The Porta-Potty Graham mentioned was being pushed at a high rate down the street for at least several feet!

It was one of those tic tok video moments....kind of scary.. I thought there might be a tornado lurking...but it passed and a few hours the weather turned into a more normal pattern.

@Paladin79 fyi, I did not win your offer for a custom "something". But your stuff was really appreciated and lots of nice comments. To include the guy who won some of your stuff. "I always wanted to own something Tom had made!"....nice testament to your great craftmanship. Your cables were nice as well!!

Thanks for Schiit donating this as well as picking up the tab for the whole event!

I brought several non-Schiit devices and several others brought a ton of Brand X gear as well as their Schiit stuff.
Jason made it clear he enjoys seeing other stuff and sharing....amazing for a Company that is ok with other stuff at an event they hold.

There was a nice Q&A session at the end and Jason alluded to many neat things on the radar. Oh Boy Of the Schiit ship holds its course your all going to like this!

1694351498689.png1694351743766.png1694351793966.png
1694351832768.png1694351882536.png

Alex

Yes, you can. Spill the Schiit.

Sep 10, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #126,162 of 150,803

Alex
My offer still stands to make you something, I will be experimenting soon with some high carbon Swedish blades for fishing and general kitchen use. Along with a small cutting board perhaps?

Sep 10, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #126,163 of 150,803
IMG_4953.jpeg

What is this?
Yup this is a Nelson Pass really high dollar Class A amp...the ACP +....a whopping $199.
But u have to build it...and get a case if u like.
I demo'd a PassLabs HPA-1 and this ACP + to sevearal attendees.
The point that I was trying to make with this was contrasting a now $4K amp with a $200 amp...
Several folks were surprised.
One person with a LCDX etc..

Many cans there, all kinds, MySphere's, HE6Se, D8000 Pros, Senns 8xx, 6xx, ZMF, Audeze, Audio Technica, and all the favorites...awesome!
I had a kick out of driving a pair of HE6Se's with a Schiit Vali 2+ !!! Yes it drove them surprisingly!

I think the hit of the show was the new Mjolinir 3, some skeptical folks were brought over to the dark side!! LOL!
Its really IMO a stellar amp and will be a heirloom for sure.

The other awesome amp that was there was the Folkvanger.....what an amazing amp. Again special!

A great time was had for all...need to do this again!
Alex

Sep 10, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #126,164 of 150,803
Thanks for posting your photos. Looks like it was a fun event. Kudos!

The things you can do when your products are objectively great.

I think you can skip the quotes in this case. They are good people. Period.

Sep 10, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #126,165 of 150,803
Thanks for posting your photos. Looks like it was a fun event. Kudos!

The things you can do when your products are objectively great.

I think you can skip the quotes in this case. They are good people. Period.
Yeah, I was never good in English class, grammar and sentence structure!!
:>)
Good people for sure!
:>)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back