Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 14, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #121,426 of 152,722
URD order 406610 has shipped! I'll have to carve out some time next week to switch-out the CDT6000 and will try the USB out into my DAC. I bought the CDT because I suspected it would take a few years for the URD to be reality. I'm glad I did back then and excited for the connection and sound quality opportunities now. I'll call it our reward for our second (first-in-line) daughter married earlier this month. Excited for the matchup with the Freya S. Hoping for a Gungnir in a new chassis in the future to enhance the stack!

Jul 14, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #121,427 of 152,722
Jason: releases product we’ve been anxiously waiting for

Us: ok but what about _____ :speaking_head:
Yes, but that's because silver is the way, but Schiit's recent silver finishes have been horribly inconsistent. So we keep hoping.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #121,428 of 152,722
So excited for the Urd! Been waiting for this for what feels like forever and I ordered mine in silver yesterday! The linear power supply and high quality tray/drive just sold it to me. Nice work!

Congrats! I hope you enjoy your new URD. I also think it's great that the URD has a USB to S/PDIF bridge feature like Schiit EITR. Very useful, especially if you are using an older dac that has a coaxial input instead of a USB input.

Jul 14, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #121,429 of 152,722
I would like to get my Mom's memories and family tree recorded.

Does anyone have app, methods, etc that they would recommend to help me get this down

moving the sine curve lol \(〇_o)/

ignore if offended (word use)
Well....... Ancestry is good for research (but offers some connections a little too glibly, check carefully). I liked Gramps as a desktop that can also run in the cloud for family to browse upon, but ultimately went with Family Tree Maker (FTM) because of its ability to sync to Ancestry.

However, sync has been broken for a long time and recently f'd up my trees on both ancestry and the desktop. And here we are in the third millennium and a major, hedge backed organization can't get a simple sync working........

In the longer term, I am moving stuff over to Wikitree.org - in my view it has a better model: there is only one tree, rather than Ancestry et al, which (in order to make more money from us suckers) makes me recreate the entire tree that my brother already created.

Cheers

Jul 14, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #121,430 of 152,722
Jul 14, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #121,431 of 152,722
URD order 406610 has shipped! I'll have to carve out some time next week to switch-out the CDT6000 and will try the USB out into my DAC. I bought the CDT because I suspected it would take a few years for the URD to be reality. I'm glad I did back then and excited for the connection and sound quality opportunities now. I'll call it our reward for our second (first-in-line) daughter married earlier this month. Excited for the matchup with the Freya S. Hoping for a Gungnir in a new chassis in the future to enhance the stack!
Interested in your perspective comparing the new URD to the CDT6000 - just a couple of CDs/tracks. Huge difference? No difference? Detail difference? Highs/lows/background?

Jul 14, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #121,432 of 152,722
Only 32 orders behind you! Hoping it’s not too long!

Jul 14, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #121,433 of 152,722
Congrats! I hope you enjoy your new URD. I also think it's great that the URD has a USB to S/PDIF bridge feature like Schiit EITR. Very useful, especially if you are using an older dac that has a coaxial input instead of a USB input.
Thanks! Yes I might use it with my Auralic Aries but I have that running straight into my Vega through AES

Jul 14, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #121,439 of 152,722
We should be shipping a lot more Urds on Monday. Not all the orders, but hopefully we'll be caught up by the end of next week.

urds 2.jpg

urds 1.jpg

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 14, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #121,440 of 152,722
Is it wrong that my loins tingled just a bit after seeing the Urds pic above? :thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back