Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 3, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #120,826 of 155,074
same issue here. I have to clean and flush my ears monthly, if I’m gonna wear earbuds or plugs. Worked missile silos for years, earplugs were a must, so I learned early. It’s either clean them monthly (ears, not plugs/buds), or wind up at the flight surgeon or ENT regularly for a professional hosing, so to speak. So I clean regularly. otherwise I cannot wear them either...
Yep, best part is even then put them in wrong and whump, lump against the ear drum and a general PITA until it softens enough to pop out. Company 1 and 2 had no issue issuing muffs if you asked, even mentioned at the start of mowing season make sure you wearing earplugs and here is a set of multiuse plugs for everyone, no questions asked and even if you had muffs, they would rather not go through the mess of proving you damaged it at home mowing without plugs compared to the cost of a set. Company 3 that I left recently? You would think muffs were made of gold and they tracked even disposable plug usage.

Jul 3, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #120,827 of 155,074
I wonder if anyone has used IEM's with ANC headphones over the top? It's may be a bit OTT, but it might be interesting to try.

Jul 3, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #120,830 of 155,074
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 3, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #120,831 of 155,074
Tonight's Syn-full song recommendation:

Sweet Emotion.... Aerosmith

Jul 4, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #120,832 of 155,074
I have issues with iem's or ear plugs. Uncomfortable and the ear wax thing. My desk is on the shop floor and it runs an average of 85dB background noise. NC headphones work for me. I tried the Sonys and they were pretty nice. However, as an Apple guy, the AirPod Max work great. The sound is actually pretty good and the NC is very good.

Jul 4, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #120,833 of 155,074
I wonder if anyone has used IEM's with ANC headphones over the top? It's may be a bit OTT, but it might be interesting to try.
Um, no…

Jul 4, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #120,834 of 155,074
Happy Independence Day. With love from the UK 🌹 🌹 🌹
IMG_4066.jpeg

Jul 4, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #120,835 of 155,074
Preparing speaker cables- Bi- Wire pair for Gjallarhorn and RCA to RCA from Saga to amp ( once UK distributor gets some more in stock next week :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) also reminder to get office floor sorted out too !!:triportsad:

Oh - also got BBQ Ribs tonight and a few Brewskies !! :beerchug:

Cat picture pending -
Uk Distributer out of stock of G/horns again - and Vidar 2 's - I did borrow a low power amp from a very good friend ( Croft class A around 15-20 wpc ) and I found it sounded great at low volume but at my usual levels the sound was hardening up and lost dynamics - so I'm waiting for Vidar 2 now as I don't fancy the heating effect of Aegir

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #120,836 of 155,074
Awesome dogs! We had one that appeared on our front doorstep as a little puppy on my 1st birthday. None of the neighbors claimed her so she became ours and was with us almost 21 years. Smart, obedient and easy to train, and very protective of us as kids when we were running around outside. Just a really pleasant disposition in all regards.

Photo below is not of ours, just picked off the 'net as this one looks very similar. Most border collies are black and white, but ours had the additional brown features around her face and at the bottom of her paws.

1688341286072.png
Here's our current two. The little guy is now 18 months old. he was just under a year here:

1688467302656.png

Jul 4, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #120,837 of 155,074
I realize this is lower priority with the Urd and MJ3 coming in neck to neck, but I'm anxious to see a Modius in the new chassis similar to the Modi+. I recall in one of the video interview that this may be in the work? It just looks so slick on the Magni+ and modi+ that it should be great in a larger form factor. Call me shallow but I love a good design. 😁

Jul 4, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #120,838 of 155,074
I would never go back to ANC over the ear phones to fly with. IEMs are so nice, sound so good, and keep everything else out. And don't even mention Apple crap in the same breath, they are truly awful, don't fit well, don't keep noise out well, and don't sound even reasonable once you have tried decent IEMs. Even something like the FIIO FH3 for $110 is going to crush ALL Apple Pods. Honestly, if you haven't poked into IEMs you are missing out. Dollar for dollar they are getting really close to matching over the ear headphones and for long sessions are much more comfortable once you put decent tips on them and learn how to wear them.
I had some fancy Sure IEMs and preferred them with the foam tips. One of the channels broke. Since then I am using old fashioned earbuds and those are perfect for my ears, highly comfortable for many hrs. Fun story, as boys on the bicycle we had the game who could pull out the earbud from the other, I always won - my ears are made for earbuds I think. Can highly recommend the Venture Electronics Asure 2.0, even their Monks are great though less clear.

Jul 4, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #120,839 of 155,074
Not that justification was needed for a device like Syn, but if you need any check this out.

*Full disclosure - I recently dropped a very good Pre/Pro out of my system and installed a Syn

This was very enjoyable and I am only a 2-channel guy. Extra credit for the Camp Grenada clip. I am going to pass it on to co-workers to keep them from going on to the wrong path.

Jul 4, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #120,840 of 155,074
I have issues with iem's or ear plugs. Uncomfortable and the ear wax thing. My desk is on the shop floor and it runs an average of 85dB background noise. NC headphones work for me. I tried the Sonys and they were pretty nice. However, as an Apple guy, the AirPod Max work great. The sound is actually pretty good and the NC is very good.
Now your screen name makes sense. Seriously, you need a quiet environment ... maybe ask for a modular enclosure? I know it's difficult to concentrate on anything but the noise in an 85dB setting. And - protect those ears to continue to enjoy your TOTL gear and HPs. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back