Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 19, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #118,711 of 150,789
Saw Buddy Rich and his band perform once as a young teen. I was absolutely gobsmacked!!
I was very fortunate to play in Buddy's band in 1970. The memories have stayed with me forever - Google "Buddy Rich Band Tape" for another aspect of being on the road with him. Our checks came from WGD Inc. (World's Greatest Drummer) Experience of a lifetime...

May 19, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #118,712 of 150,789
New topic (I think) for the sine wave.

Now that I have my schiit kit, I want to feed my Modius E from my iPad.
Using a standard cable works fine with the iPad->Apple Camera Adaptor->USB-A-cable-USB-C->Modius.
The problem is that the longest known working cable I can find that says it works with Apple kit is 2m/6ft and I'd like 3-4m/9-12ft.
If I can get a longer cable then I can route it out of sight under the furniture and also keep it away from mains/other cables, and I don't have to get up to select or search for the next track on the iPad.

There's any number of vendors on Mr. Bezos's site, but the long cables don't mention Apple in the "works with..." section.
Does anyone have a long, known working cable connecting their iPad/iPhone and the USB-C on Modius / other Schiit device that they can recommend?
Get a Wiim streamer. It has an optical out which can go into the Modius. It works seamlessly with Apple devices.

May 19, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #118,713 of 150,789
I was very fortunate to play in Buddy's band in 1970. The memories have stayed with me forever - Google "Buddy Rich Band Tape" for another aspect of being on the road with him. Our checks came from WGD Inc. (World's Greatest Drummer) Experience of a lifetime...
Wow, is that cool or what! Nobody's going to top that one. :)

May 19, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #118,716 of 150,789
Wow! Awesome life experience. I've read/heard he had quite a temper and was very hard to work with, especailly as a band leader because he couldn't read music. But boy was he the king of the rudiments!

May 19, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #118,718 of 150,789
If anyone has a taste for lively classical strings, I can recommend Angele Dubeau's Pulsations. I like it a lot.

61B1+RC-5zL._SX522_.jpg

May 19, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #118,719 of 150,789
Get a Wiim streamer. It has an optical out which can go into the Modius. It works seamlessly with Apple devices.

I just ordered one since it will consolidate Amazon Echo and streaming from my NAS. My Echo Link won't play anything stored locally and I'm using Volumio for that. Now, the killer question... Will the Wiim stream from internet radio stations like prog-frog.com?

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #118,720 of 150,789
Definitely preferred Phil as a percussionist.

My favorite drum "solo" (can three drummers be considered a solo?) has to be this one. These guys are having fun! Pay special attention at 2:45.

Really enjoyed this. I have never given King Crimson a listen, but will have to be more open now.

May 19, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #118,721 of 150,789
I just ordered one since it will consolidate Amazon Echo and streaming from my NAS. My Echo Link won't play anything stored locally and I'm using Volumio for that. Now, the killer question... Will the Wiim stream from internet radio stations like prog-frog.com?
If its stream has a web address, it can be saved as a preset destination in the WiiM app. Prog-Frog is also accessible through vTuner, which is built into the app (as is TuneIn).

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #118,724 of 150,789
Really enjoyed this. I have never given King Crimson a listen, but will have to be more open now.

Glad you did. The album with this particular recording is Meltdown - King Crimson Live in Mexico. The album, for me, sets the standard for live performance, audio recording quality of a live performance, and concert video quality.

May 19, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #118,725 of 150,789
If its stream has a web address, it can be saved as a preset destination in the WiiM app. Prog-Frog is also accessible through vTuner, which is built into the app (as is TuneIn).

Thanks. I'd already searched TuneIn and Prog-Frog isn't available there, unless I need a subscription. I enjoy the station, but I'm sure others are just as good. vTuner does get Purple Piper out of Italy.

Looks like I'll be eliminating Volumio from the basement system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back