Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 15, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #113,282 of 150,082
I was 6 when the Beatles Split !! but I did see some of the popular bands of the eighties - my Dad also worked on theatres and music venues too

I've never met any famous bands. But, when I worked in audio, I worked on a CD project from Joe Grado, and got to hang out with him for the day. A very awesome guy. Good war stories. I've also talked to Ricky Skaggs, and Dr. Demento...! Fun. The best part was when engineers sent in master tapes, with out-takes left in. We'd edit those out. Hilarious stuff, with different celebrities throwing temper-tantrums, or cussing up a storm, just to ruin a take they didn't like. Some very ugly hissy fits...! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #113,283 of 150,082
Hey - When did the Gungnir drop off the website?! I just noticed that!!! Hopefully it will come back in ++++ form? With a remote? C'mon @Jason Stoddard - throw us Gungnir lovers a bone!!!
Now there‘s a silver one in the b stock area of the site.

Mar 15, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #113,284 of 150,082
Best in the world from Gotham city. That country flag is a big plus!
😝 Bat signals and sarcasms aside :bat:!

@adias I use these exact cables - they work well. No hum or perceivable noise, despite being near some potentially dirty SMPS’ - star quad and double shield, similar to Mogami 2543. Feel is quality - soft and mailable. Polyethylene is a good dialectic - not best. Dare I say it, they settled in to become smoother over time, less bright - WBC’s silly burn-in notice pamphlet accomplishing a touch of hypnosis, perhaps.

YMMV! Not too pricy, so could be worth a try.

Mar 15, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #113,285 of 150,082
Hey - When did the Gungnir drop off the website?! I just noticed that!!! Hopefully it will come back in ++++ form? With a remote? C'mon @Jason Stoddard - throw us Gungnir lovers a bone!!!
Gungnir's on indefinite hiatus. I mentioned this was coming in a few chapters.

We'll see what comes. Upgrade or replacement, it won't be fast. Think next year if it happens at all.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 15, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #113,287 of 150,082
Gungnir's on indefinite hiatus. I mentioned this was coming in a few chapters.

We'll see what comes. Upgrade or replacement, it won't be fast. Think next year if it happens at all.
Sorry to see it go, I really like mine and think it compares very favorably to the Yggy OG that I also have on a price/performance basis.

@Jason Stoddard now that the book is closed on Gungnir (for now), can you share how many of these were produced during its run?

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #113,290 of 150,082
Will the Gungnir D/S to Multibit upgrade disappear soon as well...? :dizzy_face:
I'd suspect there aren't going to be new ones made, but as long as they have stock on hand it'll live in the "upgrades" section
The OG Bifrost Unison USB upgrade is still kickin' it down there :)

For the Gungnir itself we'll probably see it trickle into "B-Stocks & Closeouts" until it's gone (akin to the Freya N)

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #113,291 of 150,082
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 15, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #113,294 of 150,082

DeterminedHandsomeCat-size_restricted.gif

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #113,295 of 150,082
Just an FYI. I have been a subscriber for approximately 15 years. I decided not to renew this year. I received emails, and snail mail asking me to renew. I didn't. A couple weeks ago I received notification that my subscription was renewed at $0.01 For the year. No charge has come through on my credit card.....??? :deadhorse:
They obviously need to keep the ad rates up - and NOT list you as a free distribution copy. Sneaky, that!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back