Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 9, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #112,711 of 150,605
Considering Lyr 2 isnt made anymore, and a lot of people still speak highly of it, I'd send it in to get repaired and pay the price of repair.

If you dont want to mess with all that I am sure there are people out there, some of whom read this thread, that would buy a damaged one and send it in for repair.

I keep offering to buy @Ripper2860 OG Ragnarok that needs repair/servicing and I can assume the repair cost/responsibility, but he hasn't bit on it just yet. 😁

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #112,712 of 150,605
Would the HA-2 run from a power bank for extra long play time?
Yes it will, I thinks .. am now going to verify that and will report back

Edit : Plugged in a power bank to the micro-usb on the Oppo, and it started charging. Then added the connection to iPhone via a lighting to USB (Connection A on the Oppo) and it is playing as I write, so I have to assume the answer is yes it does!

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #112,713 of 150,605
Hah, yeah, that should be fun.
But the Q950 drop down to 3 ohm. That kind of load was already somewhat tough on the two Aegirs that I was using as mono blocks before I replaced them with Tyrs, so I don't really expect Rekkr in mono block mode to do all that well. 😬
Expectation bias?
You NEED to try this. We are cheerleading from the sidelines here (with our money in our pockets of course :) )

Mar 9, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #112,714 of 150,605
Besides, it is only the part of their income that is NOT paid out to employees or expenses that gets taxed, so it is NOT double taxation.
"Double taxation" refers to the fact that a corporation's income is taxed, then when what is left goes to shareholders as dividends, that same income is taxed again. It has nothing to do with which part of their income is taxed.

Mar 9, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #112,715 of 150,605
Apropos of nothing recent on the thread, except music, I recently wanted to test my new DIY isobarik sub with some bass heavy music, so reached to some Trance (which I haven't listened to in ages) just to get some thing pumping.

Found this great mix on YT ... and the "DJ" has a number of other great mixes if you like this sort of music :beerchug:

Only YT quality, but still loving it.

Mar 10, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #112,717 of 150,605
Good luck. I was 9 days behind and now it's 11 :frowning2:
We can't keep waiting around here for days. Try to keep up.

Or consider Threads: Schiit Happened The Story Of The World's Most Improbable Start Up - Talking Thread/Book Edition - available wherever you download your always-on 24/7 content for your schiit streamer. 🤣

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #112,719 of 150,605
Good luck. I was 9 days behind and now it's 11 :frowning2:
… you had better hurry it up; in nine months, a leap year is upon you … get the drift? 🤣

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #112,720 of 150,605
one of my roon servers is a 2011 Mac laptop running Debian Linux with a USB drive holding the music.
Another roon server is a trashcan Mac running Debian with 6 Thunderbolt drives attached (mostly, it's a movie server...). I think that one is 2014/2015?
Oh the trashcans! Beautiful hardware! They were launched already 2013, so it’s time for jubilee!

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #112,721 of 150,605
I just had my first mishap buying a used Schiit product. The seller unfortunately took next to no care trying to protect the Lyr 2 I purchased from them and both the on/off and gain switch don’t flip as they should. I took the risk and tried plugging it in…barely touched the power switch and then felt an electric current buzz on my finger tip, so I promptly unplugged the amp.

What would you all do as your next step? Accept the loss or try and replace the switches maybe? I’m so bummed. I was really looking forward to trying this amp. 1678405807998.gif

Are you seriously asking this question? The seller should take full responsibility for the crappy packaging.

Mar 10, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #112,722 of 150,605
I really need to do "The Most Abused Audio Terms: Balanced" soon. But maybe after the chapter "Mortal Syn," in which I wonder if I'm gonna get murdered for the next product on the slate.

As a prize for reading my blather, and as a further example of "when to say when," here's a group of phono preamps, none of which may ever make it to production. The tube one has been stalled for 7 years. Now the guys in Corpus say they like the way it sounds. And we have a lot of 6N1P tubes. So maybe? Who knows. Don't hold up your Mani purchases for it. Or the others. Like I said above, we work on a lot of stuff...and some of it may never make it to production.

preamps.jpg
I see what looks like an Urd in black behind the silver Bifrost?...

Mar 10, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #112,723 of 150,605
A super duper “real class A” Asgard that costs more than a Jot? Sign me up!!

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #112,725 of 150,605
I note that the GJALLARHORN is showing on the Sonority website (Schiit Europe). Priced at 429 Euros.

Given that $299 is approx 282 Euros, that's a 52% uplift. I appreciate that we have import duty & VAT to pay over here and Sonority do need to make a profit ... I don't know their buy-in costs, but that does seem a rather large difference to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back