Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 10, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #112,741 of 149,075
I second this! We need @ArmchairPhilosopher to conduct a proper apples to apples comparison with 2 rekkrs vs 2 Tyrs. 🙏
Just for Schiits and giggles, I hooked up my Rekkr to my B&W Matrix 805s, which are normally powered by a $3K Yamaha A-S1200. The combo sounded great and was plenty loud for normal listening. It’s amazing what you can do with two good watts.

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #112,742 of 149,075
This is not the proper forum but since asked. People own businesses. Businesses employ people who pay taxes. Taxing businesses is double taxation affecting all.
Only certain businesses are taxed: i.e., those (and not all of them at that) that have limited liability. That limited liability imposes social costs - hence the need for taxation.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #112,743 of 149,075
Still in CA. Though Lisa does sponsor some tortoises at the Botanical Gardens here in CC.

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg
Do you want some gopher tortoises? Got a few on the job site that need relocation.

Before Fish and Wildlife busts my door down, I am kidding. They will be properly relocated in accordance with the correct practices.

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #112,744 of 149,075
I'm not sure how anybody could follow up a post about turtles but...

Like many of you I have been enjoying the new schiit amps. They are a treat. I got myself a Rekkr and a twin set of Gjal pals. The difference between the 2 is easier to discern at louder listening levels but I'm very satisfied with both amps. I did run into some issues with the Rekkr. Needless to say that schiit is fukkd up. It's in timeout while i wait for a response from schiit or figure out some other way i can troubleshoot the little amp that could. I am a little bit troubled that the Gjallerhorn is my only black schiit gear. I would have preferred a silver option but understand. Well I guess I actually have a black IE Magni. Oh well.

Either way, i'm looking forward to spending many years with these new schiit amps.
How do the Gjallarhorns compare to the ACA's?

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #112,745 of 149,075
Still in CA. Though Lisa does sponsor some tortoises at the Botanical Gardens here in CC.

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg
i-like-turtles-zombie-kid.gif

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #112,746 of 149,075
Oh, and it's looking like the big crazy (redacted) product will be introduced shortly before the Schiitrmeet, so there's that as well.

I'll make sure Randy gets one beforehand.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 10, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #112,747 of 149,075

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #112,748 of 149,075

Like many of you I have been enjoying the new schiit amps. They are a treat. I got myself a Rekkr and a twin set of Gjal pals. The difference between the 2 is easier to discern at louder listening levels but I'm very satisfied with both amps. I did run into some issues with the Rekkr. Needless to say that schiit is fukkd up. It's in timeout while i wait for a response from schiit or figure out some other way i can troubleshoot the little amp that could. I am a little bit troubled that the Gjallerhorn is my only black schiit gear. I would have preferred a silver option but understand. Well I guess I actually have a black IE Magni. Oh well.

Either way, i'm looking forward to spending many years with these new schiit amps.
What is going on with the Rekkrs? Can you elaborate a little bit more?

Mar 10, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #112,749 of 149,075
Do you want some gopher tortoises? Got a few on the job site that need relocation.

Before Fish and Wildlife busts my door down, I am kidding. They will be properly relocated in accordance with the correct practices.
So ... what you're really saying is soup ... :stew: :turtle::turtle:

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #112,750 of 149,075
What is going on with the Rekkrs? Can you elaborate a little bit more?
Well it's broken. It was great at first. But now it just crackles and hisses. I can't seem to attach the recording I sent to schiit support. Granted this happened with less than 5 min of sound playing through the amp and seemed to have happened when I was unplugging and replugging all the connections back into it. I made sure to use the toggle switch to shut down the amp before removing or replacing the power cable. I'm stumped as to what happened.

How do the Gjallarhorns compare to the ACA's?
It's too early for in depth comparisons but they're about equal in output power on sheet and in real life. They are dang near identical volume driving my Amiga speakers from my Freya S without touching the knob. I'm going to cycle my speakers through them for a while. There is nothing glaring or obvious that it's lacking or doing anything better than my ACA's. I have some Zu DW's, R300's, Amigas, Speedsters, 530's to try with the amps. A lot of fun ahead.

Mar 10, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #112,751 of 149,075

I like your Modi doing a (cable) 'wheelie', full accel', giving it's all ... :beyersmile: The little engine dac that could.

Mar 10, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #112,754 of 149,075
I am actually considering an adoption of some Mojave Desert Tortoises through an agency here since it seems like they are not able to be rereleased into the wild in some instances.
If they grew up in captivity, or if they have rhinovirus, yeah, they can't be released. Our desert tortoise grew up in captivity. The others are Russians. Lisa sponsors a redfoot tortoise, 2 Texas tortoises, and 4 box turtles they somehow talked her into here in CC.

Bonus: tortoise dad of our current desert tortoise. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. He was walking around with those leaves hanging out of his mouth for like 15 minutes, wondering why the tall pink things were laughing their asses off.

IMG_0500.JPG

Last edited:

Mar 10, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #112,755 of 149,075
I like your Modi doing a (cable) 'wheelie', full accel', giving it's all ... :beyersmile: The little engine dac that could.
Haha yeah, I need to get a longer USB Cable but I have a better power conditioner en route for my living room set up so that whole arrangement will be getting a glance over soon enough. but in the mean time it's an evil knievel modi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back