Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 24, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #96,887 of 150,446
I can't be the only person who wants to know whether a Jotunheim+ is in the works.
I would imagine it would be a bit longer since Jot2 is relatively new. Also, the Lyr+ is supposedly a Lyr 4, but Schiit is now hesitant on naming anything with the number 4. So, theoretically, there will be a Jot3 before a Jot+.

Jul 24, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #96,889 of 150,446
Perhaps. I ordered on 7/2 in the early afternoon and have gotten caught in the rolling backorder. From the video at the Texas Audio Roundup linked above, summarizing Jason's comments on Folkvangr, they had enough parts on hand to build 125, ordered parts for the remaining 125 and were told by the transformer supplier that it'll be a few weeks until they're delivered (which is not what the supplier originally promised Schiit). Welcome to the vagaries of the post-COVID supply chain. @Jason Stoddard - hope I've summarized correctly...
Yeah, you're why ... when I read your post I figured you must've ordered black, I ordered on the fifth! Came late last week, one of the last 25 from the first half.

Sorry if it seems like I'm too pleased with myself, just that my plans rarely seem to working out lately ...

BTW anyone wants to do a temp swap ... FV and yggy gs (from me) for Tyr? I built some klipsch clones and don't need the wattage but I'm monoblock curious.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #96,893 of 150,446
I was lucky :beyersmile:
I ordered my Folkvangr on 2nd July (a Saturday)
At the time, Schiit was advising that it would ship in 7-10 days.
It was shipped on Friday 8th July and arrived on Tuesday 12th.
Fantastic service!

You’re very lucky indeed! I ordered the morning of 7/1 (PST) and I’m in the rolling backorder. Perhaps because I ordered in black?

Jul 24, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #96,895 of 150,446
@Jason Stoddard has anyone done a blind listening test of LIM and BF2/64 or do you prefer not to go there?
This is an interesting question especially for those of us who have yggy and bifrost but no TI chips yet .... if I had yggy old skool I'd stick, but I have gangsta style (no unison, analog 1).

Since I usually use bf2 on the desktop with unison, it seems the more logical upgrade. and it's cheaper. half the price if i need unison on yggy.

And call me weird but I dig the whole rocket ships use the same chips as my dac thing.

One possibility, if bf 2/64 measures better than Lim/mil is that it sounds better, but I doubt it. I figure all the stuff they add to Yggy to make it so big make it measure worse but sound better.

One question I have is this entire xlr out sounds better than rca out on yggy rumor. I haven't listened for this, but if it exists, would taking xlr from yggy > Lokius xlr in, rca out > fv rca in get the Yggy "XLR Advantage"?

I suppose people will do blind tests soon enough.

Actually I love how they both sound now and haven't heard any shortcomings in the detail department, and the ac runs year round in FL, so do I need -120 db noise floors?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #96,896 of 150,446
Mine is 350004.
I think you may have the first one shipped. As Jason stated three were reserved for him, Mike, and one for someone else.

Jul 24, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #96,899 of 150,446
I think you may have the first one shipped. As Jason stated three were reserved for him, Mike, and one for someone else.
This is peculiar. I happen to know about a Folkvangr in Europe that has the exact same serial as one of those mentioned here earlier.
Perhaps it’s a 115V / 230V units being numbered separately thing?

Jul 24, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #96,900 of 150,446
Single ended only as far as output to headphones. Haven't seen back to see if it takes BAL input.

Yeah that's why I had to ask since there are no pics of its back yet

Unless it's mono it's single ended ... full balanced needs two tubes. Two tubes and the internals for it all needs a size up.

Good point, sounds like I gotta consider Jot as a preamp if I want to use balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back