Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 24, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #96,901 of 152,636
Absolutely agree. I actually pitched a very similar idea back in February or March. Jason even mentioned once around that same time that he tried to get a few different flavors set up, but it didn’t quite work out. A real bummer, I still believe that it would be a neat little product range, especially right now.
hard to duplicate "flavors" that are really just interactions between tubes and big transformers. Personally I prefer unadulterated character of tubes, no oddball euphonics
added on

Jul 24, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #96,902 of 152,636
Quick check (oh gosh it is been so long since I last posted in Head-Fi!), is Lyr+ still single-ended only or will it have full balanced too?
1658693075862.png

Jul 24, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #96,903 of 152,636
Hmmm...Deutcher ton is dem besten und das ist kein Schiit. That was HIGHlarious!

Die alte Straßenkröte oder ORT

Yes, I had to use a translator as my family came from Germany a few gens back but were NOT permitted to speak German as our elders said they came to America to be Americans, NOT German-Americans. I have asked other people from Germany and apparently this is often typical of German immigrants.
This is the exact same thing my mother told me about growing up in a family of Italian immigrants, back then. They were not allowed to speak Italian, were not taught Italian. Her parents wanted her to be an American kid, not an Italian-American kid.

She *was* taught to make Italian food, though - thank goodness!! :)

Jul 24, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #96,904 of 152,636
Jul 24, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #96,907 of 152,636
Another point is that if Bifrost 2/64 is DAC8812 x 4, and Yggy LIM is also DAC8812 x 4, then why doesn’t Yiggy LIM get the 2/64 moniker?

It’s confusing branding to me and I don’t understand the differences other than what’s already been stated (e.g NOS is possible on the Bifrost).

I presume the output stage on the Yiggy is better, but perhaps the DAC part of the 2/64 is better than the LIM? Sure doesn’t make for an easy purchase decision. Hmm…

Jul 24, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #96,908 of 152,636
Another point is that if Bifrost 2/64 is DAC8812 x 4, and Yggy LIM is also DAC8812 x 4, then why doesn’t Yiggy LIM get the 2/64 moniker?

It’s confusing branding to me and I don’t understand the differences other than what’s already been stated (e.g NOS is possible on the Bifrost).

I presume the output stage on the Yiggy is better, but perhaps the DAC part of the 2/64 is better than the LIM? Sure doesn’t make for an easy purchase decision. Hmm…

The choke input, shunt regulated power supply adds a lot more to the mix than does the DAC chips. Add a more robust clock and you're starting to add some costs.

:beerchug:
JC

Jul 24, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #96,909 of 152,636
One of my fav surprise features in fv and yggy is two rca out -inputs.
That is great, I’ve missed that in my Lyr3, and it’s nice that Lyr+ now has them.
Nicely enough the Gungnir also has 2 RCA outs, both always active, which means that I can move my BF2 to my other Lyr3 and power both FV and the first Lyr3 off of Gungnir. :)

Jul 24, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #96,910 of 152,636

It’s confusing branding to me

because isn't not the Yggy 2, and it would be more confusing because the OG and MiL would both be "80" if they branded the whole line the same

Jul 24, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #96,911 of 152,636

Size. Yggy is HUGE mon geous.

FV + audioquest nightowl is quite a great combination.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #96,913 of 152,636
We don't get any Californians here ... not that I've seen. Your recommendation is excellent !

Less expensive ... Cru Bourgeois rather than Crus Classés, still high quality ... and, if on a budget, Pécharmant from the Bergerac region (e.g. Château du Rooy), just south of us. Worth trying on your next visit to La Belle France ! Santé !
This wine talk got me thinking of when I used to drink more Bordeaux and when I used to use CellarTracker whch was great but I stopped using in ‘06. For giggles I signed back in and they still had my inventory from back then. Probably 90% of those bottles are gone but it was a nice trip down memory lane.

Jul 24, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #96,914 of 152,636
This wine talk got me thinking of when I used to drink more Bordeaux and when I used to use CellarTracker whch was great but I stopped using in ‘06. For giggles I signed back in and they still had my inventory from back then. Probably 90% of those bottles are gone but it was a nice trip down memory lane.
Found it funny with the water treatment system supplier we have in Italy at dinner one night. Seems they love using a similar app for wine bottle tracking (and I got introduced to a Extra Brut) and they found it funny the US has a similar app for beer.

Was a nice bottle of wine, and the climate was nice outside Mondolfo on the beach. Was stupid and didn't put my feet in the water to say I have been in the Adriatic.

Jul 24, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #96,915 of 152,636

Users who are viewing this thread

Back