Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 9, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #92,821 of 150,899
Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #92,823 of 150,899
I believe the state with the highest average IQ is Massachusetts.
If every adult in every state were required to take the same IQ test what would the results demonstrate?
Talk amongst yourselves.

May 9, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #92,824 of 150,899
I know I willingly through flew CDG to avoid Houston to Europe... does that count?
Yep, paid 2.15 EUR a liter for 95 last week fueling up in the area from Bilbao to Madrid.
So is it better or worse than Atlanta? So far I have only flown back into the USA via Atlanta which isn't bad, depending on the origin airport. CDG was not fun to start at, MAD was nice to start from aside from getting between T1/T4/etc when I arrived into MAD, AMS isn't bad just a weird layout, FRA probably would have been better if it wasn't a split ticket (arrive on Lufthansa, fly out on Delta).
Operating in/out of ATL from domestic cities is normally pleasant.
AFAIK, my airline doesn't operate internationally from ATL so I have no opinion.

May 9, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #92,825 of 150,899
You're going to make @bcowen jealous posting pictures like that! At least post something more along the lines of what he'd like. A fixer-upper home. 😍

deadd6f403079f96d5845ef9a80435cd_-united-states-arizona-maricopa-county-phoenix-estrella-villa...jpg
Old picture. I got new tires for the back.

Now I'm saving for an axle and a couple wheels to mount them on. 😂

May 9, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #92,826 of 150,899
Circa 103% would be my conservative estimate.
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
Make that 102.99% -- I like the state I live in. I've lived in CA, KY, NY, TN, MO, OK, and WI, and still like NC best. But it appears I'm going to be moving soon to a state with potential for complaining, so all's well. 🤣

May 9, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #92,827 of 150,899
Could be worse. It could land in Houston. 😜

**For those who are not aware, the Dallas vs Houston rivalry is exceeded only by the Texas vs NC BBQ rivalry. And maybe Texas vs Oklahoma (state vs state, not college football), but that really ain't a fair fight so let's say Texas vs California. 😀
When I first moved to Oklahoma, I asked my neighbor why all the trees leaned toward the south. '" 'Cause Texas sucks," he replied almost instantly. I just kind of took it for granted he knew what he was talking about. :laughing:

May 9, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #92,829 of 150,899
When I first moved to Oklahoma, I asked my neighbor why all the trees leaned toward the south. '" 'Cause Texas sucks," he replied almost instantly. I just kind of took it for granted he knew what he was talking about. :laughing:
As a former Oklahoman it used to go, “What keeps Texas from falling into the Gulf?”. Oklahoma sucks. Rinse and repeat.

May 9, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #92,830 of 150,899
Ouch.
But fair.

Right you are!

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/average-iq-by-state

California wallows barely above Louisiana and Mississippi, and it's clearly accurate if you look at the state's trajectory over the past 20 years. Notably ranks well below Arizona in average intelligence, solely because you moved from here to there.
Given that I am a toad of very little brain, California's low average IQ is most likely my fault.:L3000: Nah. It is idiocracy come to life here. So many people here are defiantly stoopid. And to keep it on thread topic, they're so dumb they do not know Schiit. Fortunately, I know it and am listening to Johnny Mathis via my new Magnius.

I know Schiit. :beerchug:

May 9, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #92,831 of 150,899
One of my top least favorite airports in the world, although the Admiral's Club there is nice.
Agreed. Mrs. macdonjh and I refuse to fly AA simply because we have to go through DFW to get anywhere else. I think they might route us through DFW to get to Austin...

I edited that post. You weren't supposed to see that. :)

We have five Admiral's Clubs in DFW so that should ease the pain a bit.

My life would be so much easier if I didn't have to change terminals every damn time I pass thru the place. I truly feel the pain of my passengers.

DFW doesn't have a monopoly on making international arrivals a pain in the ass. But for God's sake, bring comfy shoes, something to read and a light snack if you're passing thru here from an international destination. Even if you don't think it's necessary, hit the restroom before you hit the customs line. Change your kid's diaper while you're at it. Trust me on this.
In the dimly remembered past, we had similar experiences flying "local" flights to get connections to our final destination through DFW. Always had to change terminals, or at least run from one end of a terminal to the other (I think the Dallas marathon is held inside the airport, and participants don't pass the same gate twice).

In all fairness, Ft. Worth is a pretty cool city, or at least it used to be. The people in Arlington must be charitable: they allow the Cowboys to squat there.

It's actually the draft from all the cars tearing southward to get out of OK...

In something at least sort of related to Schiit: I really (really, really) like the combination of Gungnir multi-bit -> Sys -> Aegir -> HE-6. These head phones really push my buttons and are well driven by the the Aegir. Too bad it's now considered underpowered by so many. (insert emoji of somebody poking a bear with a stick) Bass is pretty phenomenal. Separation in mids and highs you could drive through (which is kind of eerie and wrong-sounding at first). Upper mids and highs are treated with a shocking amount of delicacy given the punch allowed the lower mids and bass. I haven't decided if vocals come off a bit thin and cymbals splashy yet; I'll have to listen to my HE-500 to remind myself what I'm used to. Eventually. Electric guitar, anybody's electric guitar, sounds really good.

Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #92,832 of 150,899
You may have to cross another ocean. But you're used to that.

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Average IQ - Ulster Institute 2019:​

1. Japan - 106.49
  2. Taiwan - 106.47
  3. Singapore - 105.89
  4. Hong Kong (China) - 105.37
  5. China - 104.10
  6. South Korea - 102.35
  7. Belarus - 101.60
  8. Finland - 101.20
  9. Liechtenstein - 101.07
  10. Netherlands & Germany (tie) - 100.74
The US is 29th on the list. I daresay if the measurement were median rather than average intelligence, it would be around 47th.
I don't get it...

May 9, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #92,833 of 150,899
May 9, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #92,834 of 150,899
May 9, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #92,835 of 150,899

Users who are viewing this thread

Back