Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 9, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #92,806 of 153,470
Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #92,807 of 153,470
Yep! I knew I was using the same Nerd Bird routes too much when the always friendly flight attendants knew my name.
After American took over, let's just say the likelihood of seeing friendly attendants went down. :)
Don't get me started...

May 9, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #92,808 of 153,470
Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #92,809 of 153,470
Don't get me started...
And of course before US Airways I flew that route riding the smiling PSA planes, if we want to talk friendly folks. :)

May 9, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #92,810 of 153,470
Be careful ... them's fightin' words 'round these parts

*or at the very least could kick off another round of BBQ Wars(TM)
Don't worry, you'll have allies.

Circa 103% would be my conservative estimate.
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
Not when the other side of the fence is CA, in my opinion. I have family there and am quite content to visit and then go home. I have no idea how they (or @Jason Stoddard) do it.

No need to worry. They've already booked flights to Austin. :unamused:
Hey, CA refugees, it's rarely above 80F in WA...

I used to fly on US Air from San Jose to Austin and back once or twice a week, sometimes down at 6:30AM and back up at 6:40PM the same day. It was the Silicon Valley Shuttle.
Ugh

Yep! I knew I was using the same Nerd Bird routes too much when the always friendly flight attendants knew my name.
After American took over, let's just say the likelihood of seeing friendly attendants went down. :)
Well, yeah... AA has their SW hub in Dallas. No more need be said.

May 9, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #92,812 of 153,470
Well, yeah... AA has their SW hub in Dallas. No more need be said.
One of my top least favorite airports in the world, although the Admiral's Club there is nice.

May 9, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #92,814 of 153,470
How’s the boat?

Who told you about the boat?!?
Mad River Teton. Doesn't get used as much as it should.
MadRiverTeton_LG.jpg

May 9, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #92,815 of 153,470
I'd like to live in a state where the perceived median IQ isn't just barely above room temperature.
I'm still looking.

You may have to cross another ocean. But you're used to that.

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Average IQ - Ulster Institute 2019:​

1. Japan - 106.49
  2. Taiwan - 106.47
  3. Singapore - 105.89
  4. Hong Kong (China) - 105.37
  5. China - 104.10
  6. South Korea - 102.35
  7. Belarus - 101.60
  8. Finland - 101.20
  9. Liechtenstein - 101.07
  10. Netherlands & Germany (tie) - 100.74
The US is 29th on the list. I daresay if the measurement were median rather than average intelligence, it would be around 47th.

May 9, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #92,816 of 153,470
Maybe 'Lovingly' would be more accurate.
I edited that post. You weren't supposed to see that. :)
One of my top least favorite airports in the world, although the Admiral's Club there is nice.
We have five Admiral's Clubs in DFW so that should ease the pain a bit.

My life would be so much easier if I didn't have to change terminals every damn time I pass thru the place. I truly feel the pain of my passengers.

DFW doesn't have a monopoly on making international arrivals a pain in the ass. But for God's sake, bring comfy shoes, something to read and a light snack if you're passing thru here from an international destination. Even if you don't think it's necessary, hit the restroom before you hit the customs line. Change your kid's diaper while you're at it. Trust me on this.

May 9, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #92,818 of 153,470
100% of the 43% of all people who claim they hate living in their state represent 35% of those that actually do hate it with 62% of the 43% being never happy unless they're complaining about something. 17% are just following along with whatever the others think. 12% have no idea where they live and 2% don't care, just being happy to live somewhere. The remainder did not respond to the poll, responded multiple times, or responded and were not eligible to respond. :thinking:
I read this in the voice of Drew Carey.

May 9, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #92,819 of 153,470
Could be worse. It could land in Houston. 😜

**For those who are not aware, the Dallas vs Houston rivalry is exceeded only by the Texas vs NC BBQ rivalry. And maybe Texas vs Oklahoma (state vs state, not college football), but that really ain't a fair fight so let's say Texas vs California. 😀
I know I willingly through flew CDG to avoid Houston to Europe... does that count?
To be honest, the housing prices, gas prices, cost of living is ridiculous here right now $2.22 cdn a litre (@3.785 l is a gallon) which is @ US $5.88 a gallon

That's cute. Went to the gas station yesterday, shelled out 6.22 USD a gallon. Premium, but still. 6.00 for regular.

Meanwhile, friends and family in Germany get to pay around 9.00USD per gallon, so who am I to complain… (~2.20EUR a liter for regular)
Yep, paid 2.15 EUR a liter for 95 last week fueling up in the area from Bilbao to Madrid.
I edited that post. You weren't supposed to see that. :)

We have five Admiral's Clubs in DFW so that should ease the pain a bit.

My life would be so much easier if I didn't have to change terminals every damn time I pass thru the place. I truly feel the pain of my passengers.

DFW doesn't have a monopoly on making international arrivals a pain in the ass. But for God's sake, bring comfy shoes, something to read and a light snack if you're passing thru here from an international destination. Even if you don't think it's necessary, hit the restroom before you hit the customs line. Change your kid's diaper while you're at it. Trust me on this.
So is it better or worse than Atlanta? So far I have only flown back into the USA via Atlanta which isn't bad, depending on the origin airport. CDG was not fun to start at, MAD was nice to start from aside from getting between T1/T4/etc when I arrived into MAD, AMS isn't bad just a weird layout, FRA probably would have been better if it wasn't a split ticket (arrive on Lufthansa, fly out on Delta).

May 9, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #92,820 of 153,470
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back