Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 27, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #91,981 of 153,246
@Jason Stoddard; take care of yourself and take the time to recover.

New story.
A few weeks ago the HiFiMan HE 560 v2 I was using with a portable stack lost signal on the right side. Source, amp, cables changed up, connections cleaned and such with no joy. Contacted HiFiMan. After several emails I chose to return, the out of warranty phones, for an exchange/upgrade. Already have Sundara, thus went for the Edition XS.

I have a lot going on right now with a several deadlines looming (retired???, not so much it appears) and my very cute grandaughter and very handsome grandson will be visiting in six weeks; for a month. After dinner till late PM has been my time to focus and get the work stuff done. Tonight should be no exception.

The Edition XS arrived today. Been cooking them via Jotunheim balanced since arrival. I may not get much work done tonight.
Warming up the Mjolnir 2 with 6N23P OTK Reflektor - NOS - 1971.
Call me surprised by this new toy and my Schiit.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #91,982 of 153,246
You need something like this for your fire pit:
touristen-und-einheimische-feiern-den-sonntag-in-tracht-lederhose-E61G5Y.jpg
This is how my friends and I usually did things when we BBQ'd. (Aluminum foil optional, of course.)
And sans Lederhosen and Dirndls, obviously, but I couldn't find a better picture that's less of a décolleté—uhm—less of a cliché I meant to say.
No idea where that slip came from, sorry… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can control the heat by raising and lowering the grill using the chain that comes down on the left and hooks onto that tripod's leg.

(Also, that guy really likes his French horn, I guess…)
It is all chicken to me but if you do not mind, what type of meat am I seeing there, please? And yes, I do see the girls...very loverly too. I am American but my family is originally Germanic in heritage and I have been assured from other from family and others that I look it.

I have a certain look in women that I prefer but at my age and since I am married it really does not matter any longer save that yes, my wife easily captured my eye and then (if one can believe I had one) my heart. Poor woman could have done so much better than I or so I have been reminded...:frog:

Apr 28, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #91,984 of 153,246
Hey all,

In the vein of "no good deed goes unpunished, let's call this quick update "no good trend continues unperturbed."

Here's what was happening: I was making some real progress on all products—both new stuff and some tweaks to current stuff—and finally, finally starting to hear less about parts shortages. Some parts supplies seemed to be getting better in distribution, as well. And some new suppliers had come on-line to solve some of the more irritating issues, like lack of plain 'ol electrolytic capacitors in certain values. Because of all this—and because lots of redesign for new parts had already been done—things were actually looking pretty good for a change!

But of course, something had to happen.

This time it wasn't parts. It was COVID. Yeah. So I'm sitting here at home, getting caught up on writing, manuals, screens, and other boring stuff for a few days.

Ah well. Statistically, with all the traveling I do, I suppose I should've had COVID a long time ago. I thought I had it in December, but I never tested positive. This time, yep, boom, gotcha.

And here's the thing—I didn't think it was COVID. The single symptom I had didn't really track with anything I'd read. All I had was a headache. Like a hangover headache. But only about 60% strength. Not fun, but not debilitating. No cough, no sore throat, no breathing issues, blood O2 fine per Apple Watch, energy at full. Hell, once I tested positive, I realized the headache I had while Rina and I were out surfing the last two days meant I must have had it then. So yeah, two days in 6' swells with COVID. Ohhh...kay.

But then I realized I was cold, really cold, like driving-around-in-85-degree-muggy-weather-with-windows-up-in-a-dark-car with AC off feels good cold. So I took my temperature and it was 101.5. Which was higher than it's been since I was like, 10.

Ah crap. I got tested, and there you go.

Right now, I feel fine. Fever broke yesterday, headache is gone, all I got is a mild sore throat (finally). It'd be great to confirm some of the stuff I've been working on in the lab, but I'll be staying home until clean. Ah well, what can you do?

All the best,
Jason

Not covid, but last sunday I was getting a bit feverish as I was changing back summer tyres to my car, and in the evening I noticed part of my face had swollen. On monday morning I went to our work medical doctor who sent me straight to ER, waited there for a few hours and they prescribed me some medicine. 39 degree celsius fever for three days and the antibiotics didn’t work, so yesterday they put me on IV antibiotics.

Luckily the fever seems to be over now. Hoping the swelling will be gone soon as well, because I need to get photographed for a work thing next wednesday. The swelling is also on the ear area, so haven’t been able to listen to headphones this week, which is the worst.

47DA1D65-19E9-4FA4-ABDD-32375A5A917D.jpeg

Apr 28, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #91,986 of 153,246
Not covid, but last sunday I was getting a bit feverish as I was changing back summer tyres to my car, and in the evening I noticed part of my face had swollen. On monday morning I went to our work medical doctor who sent me straight to ER, waited there for a few hours and they prescribed me some medicine. 39 degree celsius fever for three days and the antibiotics didn’t work, so yesterday they put me on IV antibiotics.

Luckily the fever seems to be over now. Hoping the swelling will be gone soon as well, because I need to get photographed for a work thing next wednesday. The swelling is also on the ear area, so haven’t been able to listen to headphones this week, which is the worst.

47DA1D65-19E9-4FA4-ABDD-32375A5A917D.jpeg
I hope you feel better soon

Apr 28, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #91,987 of 153,246
Hey all,

In the vein of "no good deed goes unpunished, let's call this quick update "no good trend continues unperturbed."

Here's what was happening: I was making some real progress on all products—both new stuff and some tweaks to current stuff—and finally, finally starting to hear less about parts shortages. Some parts supplies seemed to be getting better in distribution, as well. And some new suppliers had come on-line to solve some of the more irritating issues, like lack of plain 'ol electrolytic capacitors in certain values. Because of all this—and because lots of redesign for new parts had already been done—things were actually looking pretty good for a change!

This time it wasn't parts. It was COVID. Yeah. So I'm sitting here at home, getting caught up on writing, manuals, screens, and other boring stuff for a few days.

Ah well. Statistically, with all the traveling I do, I suppose I should've had COVID a long time ago. I thought I had it in December, but I never tested positive. This time, yep, boom, gotcha.

And here's the thing—I didn't think it was COVID. The single symptom I had didn't really track with anything I'd read. All I had was a headache. Like a hangover headache. But only about 60% strength. Not fun, but not debilitating. No cough, no sore throat, no breathing issues, blood O2 fine per Apple Watch, energy at full. Hell, once I tested positive, I realized the headache I had while Rina and I were out surfing the last two days meant I must have had it then. So yeah, two days in 6' swells with COVID. Ohhh...kay.

But then I realized I was cold, really cold, like driving-around-in-85-degree-muggy-weather-with-windows-up-in-a-dark-car with AC off feels good cold. So I took my temperature and it was 101.5. Which was higher than it's been since I was like, 10.

Right now, I feel fine. Fever broke yesterday, headache is gone, all I got is a mild sore throat (finally). It'd be great to confirm some of the stuff I've been working on in the lab, but I'll be staying home until clean. Ah well, what can you do?

All the best,
Jason
Get well soon Jason.

Lots of people are eagerly awaiting even more, exciting new Schiit products, but your health comes first, so I for one think you've earned a break and time to recover:relaxed:

Apr 28, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #91,988 of 153,246
Hey all,

All the best,
Jason
Take great care Jason. Best of luck finding the right balance between rest and restless

Apr 28, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #91,989 of 153,246
We also got a robot vacuum recently, Elma is not impressed:

My son has used such robots for several years, the newest ones return to their charging stations and do a self clean as best I recall. You chose the same brand. :ksc75smile:
The features get more and more amazing.

Automatic Dust Collection
Multi-Layer HEPA Air Filtration
Eight Weeks without Emptying
Sonic Mop Vibration
Intelligent Mop Lifting
Ultrasonic Carpet Recognition
Intense 2500Pa Suction
LiDAR Navigation with Multi-Level Mapping
Multi-Directional Floating Brush
Child Lock
Works with Alexa & Google Home
Voltage: 100V-120V
Overview >

Take care of yourself.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #91,990 of 153,246
Hope everyone gets better soon! CoViD sucks and AntiBiotics even more; Myself got to take 120 pills in every six hours scheme to kill a stomach bacteria , will be ill after 30 days of irregular sleep.

Apr 28, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #91,994 of 153,246
Apr 28, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #91,995 of 153,246
Just to share with my schiity friends. As I have to many systems around the house since I left Madrid and my son does not want the Madrid system any more in his room and a new TV in the living room. I shuffled a lot and ended up with this as the best balance between sound and esthetics:

Kitchen: chromecast+cheap smsl dac+Ruark R4
Living room: TV+ two Adam A5 on their side underneath
Listening room: mac mini with Sonarworks -> TC electronics (with LC Audio upgrade) -> Schiit Freya S -> vM PA333 -> ATC SCM19 v2 and REL Quake II
Stocked: Rotel RSP980 + Rotel RB976 + Dali Ikon1 + MKsound SB-12

The headphone output of the TV works amazingly well (and better than the Ruark before). The Ruark has softer highs which is a plus in the kitchen. And the REL instead of the MKsound does a better job in this small room with looks and sound.

Happy as a bird in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back