Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 5, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #88,156 of 152,762
b9d.png

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #88,157 of 152,762
Just had a can of soda with really rough outside instead of the usual smooth feeling surface. Hoping it's a one off problem and not the new normal.

GOOD NEWS! Only the first two cans in the 12 pack were rough. The rest are normal. This is not an extension of the problem faced by Jason and friends.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #88,158 of 152,762
I for one am thrilled Schiit took a chance on Sol, and happy that I am fortunate enough to have one at home. Good on them for taking chances. Also, I'd imagine that manufacturing Urd is way way closer to manufacturing a Freya or Yggy then Sol was. Apples to oranges comparing those two.
And your satisfaction is what matters most! I like vinyl but the reason I did not get a Sol is I am old and I like vintage looking 'tables and the Sol does not have that look.

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #88,159 of 152,762
The word “shocking” really stuck as a hint to (my guess):

- an electrostat amp
- a new Raal Requisite Amp
- a power conditioner of some sort

Urd and Tyr were already announced so I dont think (again my guess) Jason would refer to that as shocking.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #88,161 of 152,762
The word “shocking” really stuck as a hint to (my guess):

- an electrostat amp
- a new Raal Requisite Amp
- a power conditioner of some sort

Urd and Tyr were already announced so I dont think (again my guess) Jason would refer to that as shocking.
I am beginning to see my excitement about Tyr is as odd as other's about Urd. Let's face, a couple of monoblock amps? Not exciting to most. Not here. Not at 'head' fi. I'm wrong. Not Tyr. My guess now is Folkvanger.

@Jason Stoddard are the specs for the Modi Multibit on your site tested with the new firmware? The specs say 2018 not sure when the current version was released.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #88,162 of 152,762
My money's on a soundbar with tubes, Unison and, Continuity :beerchug:

Oh and a remote controlled stepped attenuator.

But in purple because silver is too cosmopolitan.
FTFY

I want to paint my house with Vanta black. Then it won't matter if you have the address or not, you'll never find it.
Astronomers around the world applaud you. One of my favorite books when I was a kid, The Furious Flycycle, had a character, Prof. Mickymecky (sp?) who lived in a house in the middle of a large meadow. He painted his house green so nobody could see it.

In response to a later post: my Dad tells a story from when he was in college, or shortly out of college, about some friends of his who had a house with a long, narrow bathroom. The painted the walls and ceiling black and a 12" orange dot on the far wall. He said it was disorienting when drunk.

Then what will UPS, USPS, FedEx and Amazon do when you have a package?
Same thing they do now, drop your package within a hundred yards of where GPS tells them your porch is and move on to the next address.

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #88,164 of 152,762
This may have been mentioned before but here it comes again. I like both silver and black and am wondering why in the Schiit both finishes can not be offered with contrasting knobs, e.g., silver knobs on a black Modius or black knobs on a silver Modius?

Just a thought and one that I think makes good cents.

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #88,165 of 152,762
This may have been mentioned before but here it comes again. I like both silver and black and am wondering why in the Schiit both finishes can not be offered with contrasting knobs, e.g., silver knobs on a black Modius or black knobs on a silver Modius?

Just a thought and one that I think makes good cents.

Inventory management. A Jotunheim for example already has 4 variations from the optional card, x 2 for colour, x 2 for power. Adding more customizations, though it seems simple, would be a royal pain. Keep in mind Schiit is not built to order otherwise wait times for shipping would be much longer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back