Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 29, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #86,641 of 155,095
Yesterday I did a ten hour drive into the teeth of a rainstorm. Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, then Indiana. There was a small mountain south of Pittsburg that reminded me of this song. :ksc75smile:
[/MEDIA]

I'm in central VA, near Charlottesville. I don't think we got rain yesterday. Drizzling today though. As warm as it is now, I'll be mowing grass again soon...!

lawn-mower (1)(2).gif

Dec 29, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #86,642 of 155,095
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH !!!!

In the days when I listened to the radio in the car, hearing any Harry Chapin song would cause an IMMEDIATE switching of the station, and the offending station would be banned for 24 hours.

Same for Jim Croce.

They're the only two performers whose music I react to that way. Don't know why. The feeling has not mellowed in 40 years, not a bit. (Could have gotten worse ... now I react to their names, without even hearing the so-called tunes.)
That’s how I feel about U2. Something about that band just annoys the hell out of me.

Dec 29, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #86,643 of 155,095
I'm in central VA, near Charlottesville. I don't think we got rain yesterday. Drizzling today though. As warm as it is now, I'll be mowing grass again soon...!

lawn-mower (1)(2).gif
I drove into it mostly through Maryland, Pennsylvania and Ohio. 42 degrees F most of the way, a little sleet but not bad. I was just happy to avoid snow in the mountains. :beerchug:

I was in northern VA.

Dec 29, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #86,644 of 155,095
That’s how I feel about U2. Something about that band just annoys the hell out of me.

The local "Classic Rock" station has me so burned out on most rock, I can barely stand to listen to the station any longer. I try to catch the local news, then it's back to music I bring with me.

:deadhorse:

Dec 29, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #86,645 of 155,095
The local "Classic Rock" station has me so burned out on most rock, I can barely stand to listen to the station any longer. I try to catch the local news, then it's back to music I bring with me.

:deadhorse:
I feel that with our “classic rock” station too. The same 30 songs on endless repeat. Thankfully I rarely listen to the radio anymore. Working from home these days reduced my commute (and therefore radio time) by about 2 hours a day.

Dec 29, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #86,646 of 155,095
I've got a 500gb HD in my car with enough music to entertain me for a very long time. I haven't listened to FM radio in years. My wife's car has XM and there's a few channels I like but I don't think the sound quality is all that great. YMMV.

Dec 29, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #86,647 of 155,095
I've got a 500gb HD in my car with enough music to entertain me for a very long time. I haven't listened to FM radio in years. My wife's car has XM and there's a few channels I like but I don't think the sound quality is all that great. YMMV.
I rarely listen to music in my car, I prefer audio books.

Dec 29, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #86,648 of 155,095
I had XM radio for years. I agree with you. Music sounded not so good. Very compressed sounding. I listened to the Hockey Channel all the time. Especially when Phil Esposito had a daily show. A long time ago.

Dec 29, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #86,649 of 155,095
Dec 29, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #86,651 of 155,095
Man, no fun. I have to personally read my books. Helps me wind down. :upside_down:
I personally read as well but with not commuting, I no longer get through five books a week. Maybe 2-3 if I am lucky.

Dec 29, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #86,652 of 155,095
I personally read as well but with not commuting, I no longer get through five books a week. Maybe 2-3 if I am lucky.
Exactly! COVID / work-from-home took a toll on my book "reading"...

Dec 29, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #86,654 of 155,095
I also have about 500 Gb of music on an iPod in the car but only use it on long journeys.

I hope to take delivery of a 'new' MGB GT V8 in Spring next year.
As part of the build, I have specified a 'retro' radio, which looks like it was made in the '70s, but has a hidden USB port, so that I could use my iPod.

However, I think I'll be happier listening to the burble of that V8 engine, driving around twisty country lanes, than any music :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #86,655 of 155,095
The closest I came to a sports car, was a '94 Acura Integra. A great little car. Very responsive. It felt as if it were reading your mind, and reacted before you did. My Integra saved my life several times, when other drivers were doing extremely stupid stuff. I was able to swerve and live, and leave them in my rear view mirror. Thankfully! :red_car:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back