Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 8, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #82,726 of 150,576
Meant to ask - for those of you who've had an MRI - ever notice any magnetically induced twinges or if your head is in the middle, flashes of light?
I've only had one MRI when my pituitary quit working after my 3rd concussion but no, I saw nothing. I just closed my eyes and tried to relax. Hard to do with that thump thump thump.

Oct 8, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #82,727 of 150,576
Jealous... I didn't get headphones... they were looking a my shoulder after 35 years of rugby...
I do not remember having them three months ago for a neck injury but it was a shorter experience. This time I was all the way in the machine for a longer wait and the noise levels were much higher.

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #82,729 of 150,576
Oct 9, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #82,730 of 150,576
Meant to ask - for those of you who've had an MRI - ever notice any magnetically induced twinges or if your head is in the middle, flashes of light?
None here. My ENT orders annual head MRI’s to check on a small benign tumor on my auditory path @ the brain (it’s what causes my left ear tinnitus). Foam plugs a must, and I just zone out for 45 minutes.

Oct 9, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #82,731 of 150,576
I've had so many MRI's over the past decades I should have gone for custom made plugs to take with me every time.
I do have shrapnel stuck in my right femur at the the bottom since 1968 so that knee can't be MRI'd. Nothing but a big black spot appears on their screens.
Maybe something will be done about that with knee replacement next spring.
I don't mind the confinement, its having the surface of tube 3 to 4 inches away from my nose when they put me in an older full length tube design.
But they added a new slightly larger tube design to their equipment inventory at one of the local hospital's locations nearby so I was able to use that last time.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #82,732 of 150,576
Oct 9, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #82,733 of 150,576
For a few days I thought this thread was dying and then @Paladin79 swoops in with a new topic. Nice save! The discussion of ear plugs reminded me of -

mono.jpg

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #82,734 of 150,576
I just heard the worst headphones I have heard in my life. The manufacturer was so proud of them he did not bother with a name or logo on the side. I was trapped and could not remove them for 20 minutes so all I could do was suffer through the music and external noises I was experiencing. There were no headphone cables, no copper or silver wire but audio was pumped through what looked like hollow pvc tubing. Worst sonic experience of my life!!

As I was reading this I thought you were going to say you got AirPods

Oct 9, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #82,735 of 150,576
  • Tucson has some the best Mexican food I've ever tried. And the UN seems to agree there's something about the local food system worth recognizing.
  • Lake Chelan, WA - "Mi Paloma" (near Manson).

Back to Schiit - what's your favorite Schiit DAC for Taco Night? LIM? :p
For Toronto tacos, it pairs best with a Schiit-Modi-Multibit-EITR pairing, feeding a Magni 2, driving repaired HD515 (with aftermarket leather [!?] pads), listening to The Alan Parsons’ Project, as I mark high school science assignments.

Oct 9, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #82,736 of 150,576
Oct 9, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #82,737 of 150,576
your post reminded me of some fascinating work being done at a downtown hospital, called Sunnybrook. It was showcased on an October 7/21 CBC -radio -Toronto. Deep brain stimulation. The researcher used some creative terms (like “a brain pacemaker”) to discuss how such technology could be used to treat severe medical depression.

Oct 9, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #82,738 of 150,576
Only had one MRI of my brain. It felt like someone was tickling my brain & just wanted to laugh! It was an older, closed in type. Didn't feel claustrophobic because there was a nice, constant air flow; if there had not been a perceptible air flow, I might have panicked, what with being closed in and all the noise.

Oct 9, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #82,739 of 150,576
You'd think in all this time they would have developed a more ergonomic, user friendly apparatus. I had an acquaintance who was so frazzled after being stuffed in the tube they were thinking of calling in an anesthesiologist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back