Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 13, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #78,271 of 149,334
Sorry but I don't agree with this. I listen to the exact same system every day and some days I love it while other days not so much. Did I sleep well? Good day at work? Stressed? Hungry? Had sex? All these things and more add up to more or less enjoyment. Therefore I don believe what you're proposing is useful.
LOL my problem is the days I don't love my system is when I want to list it all for sale.

Jun 13, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #78,273 of 149,334
Sorry but I don't agree with this. I listen to the exact same system every day and some days I love it while other days not so much. Did I sleep well? Good day at work? Stressed? Hungry? Had sex? All these things and more add up to more or less enjoyment. Therefore I don believe what you're proposing is useful.
You are correct. The problem is perhaps insoluble. This may be why people who demand science flock to THD as "the answer." THD may signify very little, but at least it can be precisely measured. On the other hand Taguchi would call sleep, workday, stress, hunger, and sex "noise" and attempt to test under various conditions of those factors to ensure they were fairly represented. So statisticians also care about "noise", in their way.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #78,274 of 149,334
Jun 13, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #78,277 of 149,334
Well said, sir! The King James version is perhaps considered the first "authorize" translation of the original manuscripts from the Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek and perhaps Latin, if you will. I am no Biblical Scholar but then Jesus never said a degree was required for what he taught.

I do applaud your noticing that! Well done, indeed! I am listening to Wes Montgomery right now.

Listening to The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery. I'm guessing Jesus would say, let every person pray in their own way, and own style.

I think He would be pleased with Wes.

Fantastic album.

Jun 13, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #78,278 of 149,334
Now, now. No politics, please. :D
I suspect I'm politically opposed to many of my friends on this great forum.

Please... , don't let this venue become politicized. We all enjoy music, equipment, and humor (along with BBQ & sauce)!

Jun 13, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #78,279 of 149,334
That's an interesting list! You might want to throw some Yello into that mix too!
Maybe a new thread "test tracks".

The kicker; you must explain why your selection is significant (as far as an equipment test track).

Jun 13, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #78,280 of 149,334
Jun 13, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #78,282 of 149,334
Maybe a new thread "test tracks".

The kicker; you must explain why your selection is significant (as far as an equipment test track).
Maybe a new thread BBQ🥳🥳

All of us enjoy music, that is a given.

I do my thing and everyone else should do theirs. 🍺

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #78,283 of 149,334
I suspect I'm politically opposed to many of my friends on this great forum.

Please... , don't let this venue become politicized. We all enjoy music, equipment, and humor (along with BBQ & sauce)!
My beloved mother taught me this: There are some in the world who would take away your right to say what you think because it goes against what they feel.
This is not politics as evidenced by the truth that it has infected all stations of our lives. Yes...even audio.

Enough of my toadisms. I am enjoying Joni Mitchell. Oh lord but she was a beautiful young woman with the voice of an angel. I fear she will leave us soon...

Jun 13, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #78,284 of 149,334
Where are you in Indiana? I would like to attend.
Bloomington, it is a closed group unless I sneak you in as one of the fifty. We each only run the group for a few years and my time has passed, this project was my idea so……we shall see. Only participants and staff get to come to the after party. You have to earn the right to frolic.

Jun 13, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #78,285 of 149,334
My beloved mother taught me this: There are some in the world who would take away your right to say what you think because it goes against what they feel.
This is not politics as evidenced by the truth that it has infected all stations of our lives. Yes...even audio.

Enough of my toadisms. I am enjoying Joni Mitchell. Oh lord but she was a beautiful young woman with the voice of an angel. I fear she will leave us soon...

ORT when you were thought to be deceased I built a four VU meter device and named it the ORT Gandalf. In Norse mythology, an elf who wielded a magic wand. 56B35D7F-5B0D-45ED-A2BF-1EB1E24F9215.jpeg
The black device; I need to reattach the name tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back