Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 21, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #73,786 of 151,235
The crapping has been purely in jest I hope you know, but since you just added this:

"released to production...Folkvangr (10 tube headphone amp)..."

I seem to have instantly lost interest in anything else. Like really anything. :laughing:
I just hope you can find enough GE tubes for it! :wink:

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #73,788 of 151,235
OTOH, being polite to avoid being murdered is not really politeness.
Indeed. It shows the amount of brainlessness of that community where language and other communication skills are obviously absent.
On this very forum some language is auto censored because of this lack of rational language skills but shooting dead a human is considered normal.
Both are the fasted and surest way to tell the rest of the world that you are utterly stupid.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #73,789 of 151,235
Mar 21, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #73,791 of 151,235
Guys, I need to buy some of these for cable management but I have no idea what to search for. Does anybody know what they're called?

D55eVTb.jpg
ty-wrap, tie-wrap, nylon wire tie, cable tie

(added)
shorter IEC 320 C13 or schuko power cords (0.5m & 1m lengths) can also help (monoprice.com has pictures of the products and the proper connector standard names)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #73,793 of 151,235
(added)
shorter IEC 320 C13 or schuko power cords (0.5m & 1m lengths) can also help

Indeed, I ordered shorter cords as well. I’m going to try and make my setup as clean as possible (while carefully avoiding to cross power cords with any cable carrying an audio signal, but that’s something I’m already doing.)

It took me longer than I expected to find a picture that would illustrate the correct polarity for C13 cables so I could use my polarity checker to make sure everything’s plugged correctly. Not that it wouldn’t work otherwise but if there’s a commonly accepted standard, I see no reason to deviate from it (especially when polarity checkers are as cheap as they are—mine cost like 1€ and doubles as a screwdriver.)

Mar 21, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #73,794 of 151,235
Anyone tried Tacima/Isotek/Furman's power conditioners with Schiit products? Right now I am using a Belkin Gold series surge protector but there seems to be some interference issue with my Schiit Eitr

I think it's time for me to bite the bullet and go for these, but I am unsure how well these can help my Schiit products
The Eitr, or at least mine, was very sensitive to static and electrical surges from turning lights off/on. The static part presented itself whenever I got up out of my chair, which is on carpet, making the music stop playing. The same thing would happen if I turned a light or ceiling fan off or on. Hitting play again on whatever music software I was using got it going again right away. Removing the Eitr and using USB from my iMac would solve this issue but not sound as good. The Eitr eventually failed and I moved to Roon using an ethernet endpoint with a coax hat and I haven't had static or switch cut outs. I was using a regular power strip at the time so I don't know if that would fix things but now I have a Furman PST-8 Digital Power Station that's built like a tank and was reasonably priced.

Mar 21, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #73,795 of 151,235
Bad thing about the Folkvangr is that I would probably want more headphones. Although I bet my Aeolus is a good match.
It's far more serious for me @MtnMan307
I don't even own any headphones....yet :beyersmile:
Two rabbit holes which I really hadn't anticipated; tubes and headphones.
I could go for the full set and buy a turntable!
I'd probably never emerge from that dangerous tubes/headphones/vinyl rabbit warren.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #73,796 of 151,235
Another update: gonna be a crazy year. Tyr (AKA biggus ampius) released to production, as well as Loki Max and Folkvangr (10 tube headphone amp), and another one on the inexpensive end of things, and Urd beta now in production, and a couple other things. Plus next week. And a couple weeks after that.

Buckle. The. ****. Up.

(Standard disclaimers apply: things may be delayed due to my incompetence/supply chain/aliens/more COVIDs/meteors or other end-of-the-world scenarios, whatever.)

New Schiit products lining up. Vaccines rolling out. Museums and indoor dining reopening (in CA). In-person hifi and headphone shows being scheduled again. Better days are coming!

Mar 21, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #73,797 of 151,235
I experimented further and so far the best setup was to use a Weiduka AC8.8 for only the JBL LSR 305.

This lessens (but not completely eliminate) the chance that the Eitr would switch on/off by itself when the LSR 305 are being switched on/off,

As a bonus, this completely eliminates the chance that the Eitr would switch on/off by itself due to other factors (e.g. bathroom lights being used); it seems to me that the JBL LSR 305 is sensitive to such factors, which then causes them to affect the Eitr

What power conditioners should I try next?
there might be an issue with the AC mains power / circuit breaker / power distribution panel, or the "drop" from the utility / electric company pole to your house connection. I would look into having a licensed electrician check the circuit connections, especially if lights dimming happens often.

Mar 21, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #73,799 of 151,235
Holy Schiit, can’t wait to hear more about Folkvangr. Could be my future office space heater :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back