Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 9, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #72,886 of 149,297
Would like to visit Texas one day to see what's the BBQ like, but I don't think I can convince my girlfriend for that trip. Maybe East Coast or a road trip through the US could be possible.

The East Coast trip would be far more enjoyable as you'd be able to try some real BBQ....in NC. :laughing:

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #72,887 of 149,297
Someone help me out here. Is this "device" more suited for Texas or North Carolina BBQ?

PS- This morning's breakfast features a chile relleno smothered in green chiles.

Texas BBQ tastes like it was made in a toilet, if that helps. :smile:

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #72,888 of 149,297
That's a NC open-air outhouse with seat warmer. After eating NC BBQ, you'll be there a while and the seat warmer for cold mornings is really a nice touch. Of course, the cold beverage tank is a must as you will be need lots of liquids to help fight dehydration. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #72,889 of 149,297
Well, since about half the products on the Schiit website are on backorder and Jason Stoddard has explained that they are suffering supply chain shortages PLUS working to shift production locations for many popular products, I think Fletch just needs to stop whining and exercise patience just like everyone else must. :)

I didn't read it like whining. I think it is a wondering why the very different availability between US and Europe exist. Of course you can get queued up with a direct purchase from Schiit.com but in most cases this is a very expensive exercise for Europeans. (I think I would have paid 15% more for my 625 euro Freya S with cheapest shipping option)

Let's see if @Jason Stoddard and/or @Baldr can elaborate on their choice to supply indirect overseas as done the last year.

Mar 9, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #72,890 of 149,297
I didn't read it like whining. I think it is a wondering why the very different availability between US and Europe exist. Of course you can get queued up with a direct purchase from Schiit.com but in most cases this is a very expensive exercise for Europeans. (I think I would have paid 15% more for my 625 euro Freya S with cheapest shipping option)

Let's see if @Jason Stoddard and/or @Baldr can elaborate on their choice to supply indirect overseas as done the last year.
My point is that when so much is backordered it is logical to be backordered everywhere. Whining or not. :)

Mar 9, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #72,891 of 149,297
Frankly I think they should do a story on how Brexit is affecting Hi-Fi since this is something that will be more long-standing than COVID-19
Brexit is already chaos. Just spoke with my British friend and especially the small businesses are not getting their stuff out of Britain due to customs. I already had issues last month with my planning of video product because of a stupid manual produced in Britain. We ended up selling another version ... those manuals are still at customs ...

Mar 9, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #72,892 of 149,297
My point is that when so much is backordered it is logical to be backordered everywhere. Whining or not. :)
True if backorder level is the same everywhere for each model and for the same period.

Problem likely is that in Europe you cannot queue up via the distributor. Only thing they have is a subscription that promises that you get an email when stock is there, so you can order online. But they have that also for the Eitr .... for fun I subscribed to see what happens :)

Mar 9, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #72,893 of 149,297
Brexit is already chaos. Just spoke with my British friend and especially the small businesses are not getting their stuff out of Britain due to customs. I already had issues last month with my planning of video product because of a stupid manual produced in Britain. We ended up selling another version ... those manuals are still at customs ...

Oh dear, no wonder I am seeing warnings by my shipping proxy service provider (vPost) about Brexit too since they have a warehouse in Britain. Something along the lines of making sure your custom fees are paid for and that vPost will not assist you for that part

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #72,895 of 149,297
My Loki Mini +'s arrived Fedx ground an hour ago. 7 days from placing order to arrival. Not bad.
1615309875191.png

The detents are dead on at 12:00 on the on the 20h and 2,000 bands, a bit off on 400 and 8000 bands. The second unit is
about the same, maybe a hair better. But hey, its only $150 bucks, I'm fine with them as is. My two OG mini's are all over the place, LOL.
May seem like a minor aspect but when glancing at the visual settings before making manual adjustment on my 2 OG's I have to remember
where each was actually positioned at the null spot.
Hopefully the "Maxi" version will be dead on with respect to the detent positions.
I'll swap them out later today or tomorrow using the original wallwarts and RCA's in place.

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #72,896 of 149,297
Mar 9, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #72,897 of 149,297

Due to the added (extremely extensive) admin, small shipments from UK to EU make no sense after Brexit. Several British SMEs are now in the process of setting up warehouses in the EU so they only have large shipments to the EU and distribute from there. I assume that EU companies will do the same, and set up warehouses in the UK.

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #72,898 of 149,297
Virtual SchiitrMeet March:
Texmageddon and Afterwards, Supply Chains, and Lokis Oh My!

Hey all,

It's that time again! Join us at 4PM PST on Wednesday, March 10 to hear me talking about Texas, backorders, supply chain, and the Lokis! It's been a heck of a ride, but we now have an official start-up day for Corpus Christi production, we have others joining us in town, and we are in the middle of making things better in backorder-land. We hope. We'll see. Enough caveats? Maybe.

You'll be able to watch on our YouTube channel or on Facebook, whichever floats your boat:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZqCWt2_qqB-UD0-pcPpxCw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/

Talk to you soon!

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 9, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #72,899 of 149,297
Virtual SchiitrMeet March:
Texmageddon and Afterwards, Supply Chains, and Lokis Oh My!

we have others joining us in town

The start of a "hifi valley" in Texas.

Edit: hifi valley sounds better than "Schiit mountain"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back