Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 13, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #71,672 of 150,702
Animals is underrated IMHO. It has some good lyrics - "you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to". Good stuff!
Caught the Animals tour at Boston Garden, summer of '77 after my HS graduation. Loved the 60' helium pig. Not my favorite Floyd album, but a great concert.

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #71,673 of 150,702
Also enjoying Roon 1.8. I was also "asked" to re-enter my Roon and Streaming Services Credentials, running Server on a Mac Mini Server.
To my ears it sounds better, but will need copious amounts of Space Dust IPA to confirm.....
Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 1.32.15 PM.png
A favorite of mine.

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #71,674 of 150,702
A bit too much country twang in her voice for my taste, but a good version nonetheless!
I don't think it's "country twang" (and belive you me, in eastern NC, I know "country twang"), as much as as electronic enhancement. Not Cher level processing, but still clearly not natural. In my opinion, she has an undeveloped voice of limited range. She does have talent, so hopefully, the voice will develop.

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #71,675 of 150,702
Feb 13, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #71,676 of 150,702
I would never do that. If it works for you, cool.

Here's the post that gets me shunned from this thread.

"Finally!!" say the BBQ-haters.

I'm not a big fan of headphones, and yet here I am on Head-Fi. I have a set of low to mid-fi Sennheiser cans that sound pretty nice, especially when hooked up to my Pono player (gasps and yawns) which sound better than my 2-channel system. But I just don't like wearing headphones at home because they keep me from being aware of what's going on around me. The very same reason that many of you probably enjoy your headphones.

So what do I use at home? Especially when the wife is working in the home office and I can't listen to my 2-channel rig? Brace yourselves.

Bose SoundWear. Yup. Bose+bluetooth. Credibility is now shot, I get that. But I get to hear my music regardless of what's going on at home. I hear the doorbell. I hear the home phone ring. I hear my wife asking me to be tech support on something called a "Windows Laptop". Is it hi-fi? Nope. Does it make me happy to listen to? Yep.

Music first, tech second.

Here's a nice article. https://www.stereophile.com/content/bose-soundwear-companion-speaker

Also, they're exceptional for phone calls.

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #71,677 of 150,702

I'm not a big fan of headphones, and yet here I am on Head-Fi. I have a set of low to mid-fi Sennheiser cans that sound pretty nice, especially when hooked up to my Pono player (gasps and yawns) which sound better than my 2-channel system. But I just don't like wearing headphones at home because they keep me from being aware of what's going on around me. The very same reason that many of you probably enjoy your headphones.

So what do I use at home? Especially when the wife is working in the home office and I can't listen to my 2-channel rig? Brace yourselves.

Bose SoundWear. Yup. Bose+bluetooth.

He's a witch! He's a witch! Burn him!
(credit to Eric Idle and the Pythons)

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #71,679 of 150,702
I have a degree of patience with support people. They don't know me and I don't know them and users can be "a bit imprecise" when describing a problem and what they are doing. For instance, logging out and back in is not rebooting. Turning the monitor off and back on is not rebooting. Or, as happened recently, putting a laptop in sleep mode and waking it back up, is not rebooting.
Kicking your computer is not rebooting. Kicking it twice...

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #71,680 of 150,702
For the music telling a story (although it is very direct in the lyrics) you have basically the whole discography from Sabaton. Example:

My son is a fan... Likely listening to it now with his Schiit Stack (Modi MB and Magni, Sennheiser HD-660). I finally got something out of him about the Modi multi-bit. He says the highs are better: more definition and clarity. He also says imaging is noticeably improved. He liked the HD-660 for imaging already, but it's better now. He thought his head phones were mid-centric to begin with and that didn't change. Bass is a little stronger but not overly so.

[edit] I should have said: this is all compared to his laptop feeding his Magni directly.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #71,681 of 150,702
Is that a cover of this classic?

One of my favorites:
Oh Good Grief.jpg
Mom introduced me to this when I was in grade school. "Red Baron" is one of my favorite songs on this album.

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #71,682 of 150,702
He's a witch! He's a witch! Burn him!
(credit to Eric Idle and the Pythons)
Well, if we're going down that rabbit hole:
"Are there any wimmin here today?"

Feb 13, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #71,683 of 150,702

FYI: I'm pretty sure you can say almost anything you want on this thread without being banned.

Boogers. Thank you, Dr. Johnny Fever

Feb 14, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #71,685 of 150,702

"Finally!!" say the BBQ-haters.

Bose SoundWear. Yup. Bose+bluetooth. Credibility is now shot, I get that. But I get to hear my music regardless of what's going on at home. I hear the doorbell. I hear the home phone ring. I hear my wife asking me to be tech support on something called a "Windows Laptop". Is it hi-fi? Nope. Does it make me happy to listen to? Yep.

Music first, tech second.

Here's a nice article. https://www.stereophile.com/content/bose-soundwear-companion-speaker

Also, they're exceptional for phone calls.
Nothing but love here, man. I had the Bone Fone way back when, though my little Sony cassette player got the most love. Can’t remember much on the BF sound quality, but suffice it to say I no longer have them, and I don’t remember what happened to them. But this Bose - you got me going to Best Buy today. Music first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back