Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 25, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #63,901 of 153,247
LOL! Worse, actually. I'm having to live with one. Which means I live in a constant state of perplexion. I can't seem to grasp why hanging up a bath towel causes such emotional pain, or the repetitive fail in my explanation of how a lawn doesn't mow itself, or that adding more trash to a full trash can doesn't cause the preceding trash to suddenly vaporize. Frustrating. I was a totally perfect teenager, so maybe that explains the extreme disconnect. :grinning::grinning:
Got a 12 year old boy here who only wants to play video games and a 9 yr old girl who desperately wants to be a teenager with atti
I would only want to grill @Jason Stoddard on his choice of colour. A Corvette should be red. At least if you listened to music in the '80s.

I absolutely loved the fire orange color that was out a few years ago on the Corvette. That would be an acceptable color to me.

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #63,902 of 153,247
I would only want to grill @Jason Stoddard on his choice of colour. A Corvette should be red.
BARF, the worst colour...

To qualify this I had many different Red (company colour) Corvettes (and other fun toys) for company vehicles, I didn't really like the colour before that, now I despise it even though I own one hehe...

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #63,903 of 153,247
Got to try a friend's Beyerdynamic 880SE last night. I powered them from my DAP (USB out) to my Bifrost 1 and Mjolnir 1. Quite satisfying. I've not liked the Beyerdynamic sound, based on the last two models I've tried (I think the T-90 and 1770?). The lower midrange had this weird hollowness which made male vocals sound off. However, the rest of the presentation was smooth and relaxed with good detail retrieval and no harshness. Bass was also deep and when I'd had enough of my book and turned up the volume a bit had good level, in contrast to my previous experiences. They are quite good for relaxed listening, though I didn't try any form of critical listening last night.

I'll need to listen a bit more before I return them. I don't think they'll supplant my current long-term head phones, but it's nice to have something different for a while.

I need to try these with my other amp...

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #63,904 of 153,247

To qualify this I had many different Red (company colour) Corvettes (and other fun toys) for company vehicles, I didn't really like the colour before that, now I despise it even though I own one hehe...

Someone who used to live in my neighbourhood had a red Corvette - I thought it looked quite good. Then a few years later he had a black Corvette.
I thought it looked much worse.

(Then he moved so I don't know what he's driving now :beyersmile:)

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #63,905 of 153,247

My view has changed on red. I used to hate it in the 1980s, when there was more variety in color choices. Now, unless you want a shade of gray or silver (including black or white), there are very few choices available. I will gladly take red over one of the fifty shades of gray.

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #63,907 of 153,247
My view has changed on red. I used to hate it in the 1980s, when there was more variety in color choices. Now, unless you want a shade of gray or silver (including black or white), there are very few choices available. I will gladly take red over one of the fifty shades of gray.
red is for firetrucks

Aug 25, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #63,908 of 153,247
For our thread's newcomers: I received a pleasant, respectful, ~40 minute podcast that reviews digital audio. It's hosted by Mr. Brian Hunter.
For my fellow iPeople: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-occasional-podcast/id1332323668
For my fellow web-centric peers:

Key words/phrases: source; DAC ; ladder DAC ; ring DAC ; analog AND digital ; streamers ; chip implementation .

Aug 25, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #63,909 of 153,247
red is for firetrucks
Surrey-Rescue-6-by-Shane-MacKichan.jpg
Nah. :ksc75smile: Source: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada. Authour: Shane MacKichan. Downloaded August 25, 2020 (while I'm avoiding responsibility/chores). URL http://bcfiretrucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Surrey-Rescue-6-by-Shane-MacKichan.jpg

Aug 25, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #63,912 of 153,247
The only reason I've avoided owning a red car is all those black-and-white cars. Once borrowed a friend's red Alfa Spyder, and within 15 minutes got pulled over. Red car effect - lesson learned. (Of course my driving had nothing to do with it. Ahem.)

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #63,914 of 153,247

My last car having been "Parisian Grey" - or boring old man color (it was all that was available in the spec I wanted), if you will, I'm ready for another red car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back