Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 13, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #63,181 of 150,866
Jason's Corvette looks nice. But if I came into some money, I could find one and I could find someone to modernise and upgrade it internally, there's only one car for me.

oWIKvAO.jpg

Only if your running spotter for Snowman!!! And the Frog is shotgun!

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #63,182 of 150,866
I think its the case of keeping the cost and number of iterations under control...but do understand the desire for silver and or black...

By any chance, are you a resident of Oakland Los Angeles Oakland Las Vegas?

So...jumped on the Modius bandwagon early (figuring the amp would follow) with what I thought was the 'safer' bet of the two colors available :rolling_eyes:

After I smashed my crystal ball, I just ordered the Magnius to complete my...

Limited Edition - Silver and Black Stack!

1597350858783.png

Much as I despise the Raiders, my motto is and always will be..."Just LISTEN, baby!" :wink:

fwiw..this Schiit could look like beat up trash cans if it sounds great and is a good value!

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #63,183 of 150,866
GM's new IT architecture, which is in the C8, lets them do OTA (Over The Air) updates and that was one of its main goals. With OTA, especially in real physical devices that can hurt people, security and safety is paramount, so it's not an easy thing to just toss onto a car: often lots of other things need to be changed for it to be possible.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #63,186 of 150,866
GM's new IT architecture, which is in the C8, lets them do OTA (Over The Air) updates and that was one of its main goals. With OTA, especially in real physical devices that can hurt people, security and safety is paramount, so it's not an easy thing to just toss onto a car: often lots of other things need to be changed for it to be possible.

This is crucial. Regardless of how one feels about Tesla, other manufacturers are going to have to start implementing this. Especially since it's free, too.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #63,188 of 150,866
I really like the black. I like that the new Magnius has a black volume knob too. I just wish the Gungnir, Mjolnir and Freya also came in black. I have been told for months now from customer service that they are "simply out of stock of the black metal with no ETA on when they would get it," but I don't remember any of those models being made in black at all. Plus, with two new releases in black, I find it hard to believe that they are "simply out of black metal." I have only found a single picture of what is said to be a factory black Gungnir. So now I am really curious. The Yggdrasil comes in black and it would be nice to have a matching black Mjolnir and Freya. Any comments or info on this @Jason Stoddard

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #63,189 of 150,866
I thought the color choice was fantastic. I saw a black one the other day. Zzzzzzzz in comparison to that blue.

And Carolina blue at that. Jason is one seriously classy dude. :) :)

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #63,190 of 150,866
That's a shame about Freya S, after hearing the Nexus preamp function in Ragnarok 2, I gotta believe Freya S is vastly underappreciated. I can only speculate, but Freya S and Aegir (or any other Schiit amp) has to sound pretty awesome.

Hopefully the Nexus topology finds a home in another piece of schiit gear.

love my Freya S Aegir combo. Glad it was a choice where I ordered them.

Aug 13, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #63,191 of 150,866
Boy, you sure took that little rant seriously. But thanks, now I've been angry for over fifty years but didn't know it until now.
I've worked on linguistic meaning and the statistics of language for most of my career, so when I read something like that, I always check :ksc75smile: Also, human language is more(ana)logical than logical -- after all, language came well before math, logic, or programming -- and so it's not hard to understand why "N times Yer" for any positive number N and any scalar adjective would work, whether the scalar adjective has a positive direction (like "loud") or negative (like "soft"). Linguistics is fun :smile_phones:

Aug 13, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #63,192 of 150,866
Bricked cars, oh joy.

Aug 13, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #63,195 of 150,866
You just had to bring that up...! :disappointed:. And me being a UVA fan...! :thumbsup:

LOL! Well at least you're not a Duke fan, so we can still be friends. :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back