Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 2, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #61,546 of 151,106
Jul 2, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #61,548 of 151,106
Hi Jason, both the Bifrost and the Asgard are showing as Backordered, Ships 6-30. Any updates on this? I have been waiting for the Bifrost to come back to stock permanently while hoping to see the CDN dollar rebound.

Lyr 3 230V is also on backorder, and might be for a few weeks. Looks like I won’t get to enjoy it on my summer holiday.

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #61,549 of 151,106
Hi Jason, both the Bifrost and the Asgard are showing as Backordered, Ships 6-30. Any updates on this? I have been waiting for the Bifrost to come back to stock permanently while hoping to see the CDN dollar rebound.
I just ordered a Bifrost 2 on Sunday. Shipped on Tuesday and will be delivered today. Place your order!

Jul 2, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #61,552 of 151,106
Apparently, FedEx watches this thread, too. They delivered my Schiit at 9:30 this morning. If only I was locked down and not at the office so I could have torn the box open immediately like a kid on Christmas morning. Now let's not start another cultural war over Christmas Eve vs. Christmas morning, Crash Davis is fully in my family's corner here.

20200702_152240.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #61,553 of 151,106
As is done in the IEM reviews here, let's have a couple of photos of the unboxing, shall we?

20200702_152357.jpg
Alright, where are my darn cables. It's bad enough having to wait for your Schiit without having your Pyst go missing.

20200702_152456.jpg

For those of you who couldn't read my somewhat blurry photo above (blame cheap Samsung phone cameras, my son's G9 has a much better camera), the larger box does, in fact, hold a Bifrost. I jumped on the B-stock train over the weekend. I like the packaging: strong and protective, but not so luxe to make you wonder if you're paying for a box or audio gear. Anyone bought a nice pair of IEMs lately? Packaging is getting crazy in that market.

Jul 2, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #61,554 of 151,106
Ah, all is right with the schiitty world, my Pyst were in the bottom of my Bifrost box. I guess somebody at Schiit used to work at Burger King, "we don't box it until you order it".

20200702_152650.jpg

Oh, and since you can't tell from the outside, I ordered a Bifrost multi-bit and this one has Gen 5 USB. I think I know why this unit is B-stock: the vent holes in the top of the case aren't even drilled out. There's some kind of bull-schiit in the owner's manual about RFI shielding or something. I think that's marketing gibberish.

Now for some time to put everything together in the bedroom. And get all the cables hidden so my wife doesn't have a cow. Then time to listen, reconfigure, and listen some more.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #61,555 of 151,106
Ah, all is right with the schiitty world, my Pyst were in the bottom of my Bifrost box. I guess somebody at Schiit used to work at Burger King, "we don't box it until you order it".

20200702_152650.jpg

Oh, and since you can't tell from the outside, I ordered a Bifrost multi-bit and this one has Gen 5 USB. I think I know why this unit is B-stock: the vent holes in the top of the case aren't even drilled out. There's some kind of bull-schiit in the owner's manual about RFI shielding or something. I think that's marketing gibberish.

Now for some time to put everything together in the bedroom. And get all the cables hidden so my wife doesn't have a cow. Then time to listen, reconfigure, and listen some more.

I don't know if you're joking, but just in case, the vent holes on the Bifrost have always been aesthetic and not real.

Jul 2, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #61,556 of 151,106
I don't know if you're joking, but just in case, the vent holes on the Bifrost have always been aesthetic and not real.
Yup, joking.

Jul 2, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #61,558 of 151,106
Apparently, FedEx watches this thread, too. They delivered my Schiit at 9:30 this morning. If only I was locked down and not at the office so I could have torn the box open immediately like a kid on Christmas morning. Now let's not start another cultural war over Christmas Eve vs. Christmas morning, Crash Davis is fully in my family's corner here.

this pic looks pretty sharp to me, can even read your ship-to address :frowning2:

with most families, it's Christmas Eve. Christmas morning is when the parents have to clean up all the torn up wrappings and the bits of styrofoam from all the packaging :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back