Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 3, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #61,576 of 148,579
This is really more of a Schiit Pyramid, than a Schiit Stack:

20200702_152941.jpg

Have no fear, all the LEDs are currently glowing happily.

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #61,579 of 148,579
As a non-native English speaker, I have a hard time differentiating between a stack, a pile or a heap. Anybody care to enlighten me?

To me a stack is things on top of each other than are neat and organised. A pile/heap are things just thrown there casually without organisation that end up on top of each other.

A stack of books. A stack of DVDs.

Or

A heap/pile of dirty clothes. A heap/pile of leaves.

I can't say I am an expert but that is what makes sense to me as an English person born and bred.

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #61,581 of 148,579
As a non-native English speaker, I have a hard time differentiating between a stack, a pile or a heap. Anybody care to enlighten me?
A stack is organized. Books or bricks may be stacked, neatly and deliberately. Piles are made quickly, as when you are looking for something and tossing everything else aside. Clothes for example, or the dirt that you dig out of a hole. Heaps tend to be the last step before disposal. A heap of tree trimmings, for instance. Or really dirty laundry. Hope this helps. Isn't English fun?

Jul 3, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #61,583 of 148,579
Just checking out the schwag at Schiit.com. We all love Schiit as a company that knows how to offer great value, but...
$20 for a t-shirt is fair.
Socks for $18, well, maybe.
$10 for toilet paper? Not even a 4-pack? Guess toilet humor ain't cheap anymore.
But the capper, literally, is the $28 ball cap. My entire head isn't worth $28.
Then again, Happy 4th of July to all. Let's celebrate living in a land where you can sell both a great $99 amp and a $28 baseball cap.

Consider that everything is made in USA, from USA materials, and caps are embroidered, not screen-printed or thermal embossed. Socks are embroidered as well. Custom TP is very expensive (look it up). We're not making a ton of money on this schwag, but I can guarantee it is GOOD schwag.

Sorry, that's one condition I put on Denise when she wanted to do this--nothing from low-wage countries, just like our own products.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 3, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #61,587 of 148,579
Just checking out the schwag at Schiit.com. We all love Schiit as a company that knows how to offer great value, but...
$20 for a t-shirt is fair.
Socks for $18, well, maybe.
$10 for toilet paper? Not even a 4-pack? Guess toilet humor ain't cheap anymore.
Then again, Happy 4th of July to all. Let's celebrate living in a land where you can sell both a great $99 amp and a $28 baseball cap.

Just remember, that $28 baseball cap, helps fund the next great $99 amp/ DAC/Piece of Schiit. Just consider it buying stock. An investment in the future!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #61,588 of 148,579

I ride a motorcycle. I use my head. My head is worth a LOT more than $28 to me. You can buy a Sheeety helmet for $25. I've never spent less than ten times that on a helmet.

Also have you priced out "official" NBA caps lately...? $28 seems in line for a Schiit ballcap.

Jul 3, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #61,589 of 148,579
Consider that everything is made in USA, from USA materials, and caps are embroidered, not screen-printed or thermal embossed. Socks are embroidered as well. Custom TP is very expensive (look it up). We're not making a ton of money on this schwag, but I can guarantee it is GOOD schwag.

Sorry, that's one condition I put on Denise when she wanted to do this--nothing from low-wage countries, just like our own products.

Just one suggestion - I think it would be a good idea to indicate what material these items are made of on the website. Cotton vs Polyester?

Jul 3, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #61,590 of 148,579

Add XLR inputs and I'm in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back