Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 22, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #61,096 of 150,790
Bifrost 2 shipped this morning. I hope I’m done with DACs now.

Gungnir and Yggdrasil are too big for me, so Bifrost 2 is the DAC for me. I’ll upgrade it with new modules when the time comes, but it’s perfect for me as-is.

Jun 22, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #61,098 of 150,790
General car safety and crash protection wasn't really high on most people's priority lists back in those day though. When I was much younger, my parents had a Karmann Ghia convertible with a leaky roof, that my sister and I would ride in the back of. There really wasn't a back. There isn't a second row of seats, and there sure as hell weren't child seat LATCH anchors. I survived, so that I could purchase Schiit.

Yeah, my dad had a Triumph TR3. No back seat, just a "parcel shelf". I'd hop in back there and off we'd go. Kids were still allowed outside unsupervised back then so my folks would kick me out of the house after school to go off and play with my friends. No watch, of course, so when it was dinner time he'd drive around the neighborhood honking the "ah-OO-ga" horn and I'd come running. Good memories...

Jun 22, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #61,099 of 150,790
The Bon Jovi references are also close to me. Slippery When Wet was recorded at Little Mountain Sound in Vancouver, a studio I worked in through the seventies and eighties. And the producer of Slippery When Wet, Bruce Fairbairn and I played in a community band in the sixties; he was a trumpet player.

I had friends that recorded at Little Mountain back in the 80s. But they were more on the punk rock side of the tracks, probably no need for a bass trombone... :wink:

Jun 22, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #61,101 of 150,790
Jun 22, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #61,102 of 150,790
Please please point us to it when released. :beerchug:
Thank you for the interest. Here's a photo of the control room during overdubs and there are videos of recording three pieces at:

and the whole album can be streamed on Tidal/Roon or other streaming platforms - just look for Daniel Hersog. the album is called Night devoid of Stars.
It may not to be to everyone's taste but the videos give an idea of the creativity, concentration, fright and joy inherent in creating music in a recording studio.
Armouries control room hersog.jpg

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #61,103 of 150,790
I haven't heard enough Peter Green, tbh. Could you point me towards some of your favorites? Thanks

You could start with a very early track -The Supernatural from the John Mayall album 'A Hard Road'
(Peter Green replaced Clapton in John Mayall's band)

A few more Fleetwood Mac songs:
Oh Well
Man of the World
The Greeen Manalishi
Jumping at Shadows.

One from from The Splinter Group album 'Destiny Road' 1999
Burglar

He also did two excellent albums of Robert Johnson songs:
Robert Johnson Songbook 1998
Hot Foot Powder 2000
( I prefer these to Clapton's versions on his 2004 album 'Me and Mr Johnson')

A good compilation album of early Fleetwood Mac is 'The Best of Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac'.

To hear what they were lke live, at their peak, 'Live in Boston' volumes 1-3 are very good. Recorded in 1970.

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #61,109 of 150,790
How its suppose to use Freya and Asgard? do i need turn the Asgard volume all the way up, and then control the volume in the pre amp?
🤔
I don't own a Freya and no longer own an Asgard, but I'd use the Freya for volume control and leave the Asgard at fixed level. The Freya's stepped volume control is very high quality and likely to be well balanced throughout the volume range. Asgard uses a standard 2-gang pot, and those are not as faithful and balanced at lower volumes. This is what I do with the GoldPoint passive between my Yggdrasil and two headphone amps.

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #61,110 of 150,790
Hmmmm, with all the B Stock activity lately (I've never seen it like this before) I wonder if Schiit is clearing the shelves for some new unannounced product to take it's place???

I saw the two Jils and thought for a moment. After a few minutes I refreshed and they were gone. Glad they found good homes. Still tempted by the Hel, though I dropped a lot of money last week on getting a Nintendo Switch and some things for that, so I really should relax a bit on spending

If you need something with a Mic input it's a GREAT little product. I use mine daily and it drives my HE-4XX's and HD 6XX's easily on the low gain setting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back