Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 3, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #58,771 of 151,251
I have Paradigm Studio 20’s, 2 Aegir’s running mono, and a Freya S. I use two Dyna Technologies Pro 10 subs located at bottom of the speaker stands. I picked the side of the stands based on which sounded better and had better overall bass room response. The subs are fed from the Freya S single ended outs. The sub crossover is set to where the studio 20’s start rolling off (about 58 Hz in my room). With the subs located close to the speakers I do not have any phase issues.

The mono Aegir’s are fed the full range from the Freya S balanced outs.

This set up works great for me and provides nice tight, fast and full bass that is well integrated with the Studio 20’s. I would expect with you 40’s you could set the subs cross over point a bit lower.

I strongly recommend two subs.

Edit - checked the sub settings and they are set to about 58 Hz cross over not 45 as originally stated.
Thanks! This is where I was headed and I appreciate hearing from your experience. It ups the confidence level.

May 3, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #58,772 of 151,251
There is no room. By creating a separate spinner, users will be able to "add a transport to either Gungnir or Yggdrasil and end up with a CD player/DAC combo" as they wish. Or indeed, add it to any DAC of their choice. :)
Check out the Yggdrasil Build video. As big as the case is, it is packed full of electronic goodness. If you want a spinner as well you'll have to wait for the Tardis case (coming soon... relatively).

May 4, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #58,773 of 151,251
Aaannndd...with respect to Amazon, I don't think they are going to come out of this crisis in a better position. They've taken away one of the primary reasons people purchase from Amazon--rapid shipping--and are attracting huge flak for their employee and business development policies.
I have a more cynical view — people have short memories.

As the lockdown eases and Amazon Prime resumes 1-2 day deliveries, it will be once again a powerful attraction. Not to mention other reasons people purchase from Amazon, such as prices and selection.

May 4, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #58,774 of 151,251
Hey guys,

Ask Mike for more details on the transport, but I think I'm safe in sharing that there's no BWD in it. Unison USB has surpassed that, no need for BWD anymore.

Don't expect the transport to be super-cheap, if that's what you're looking for, though we're not talking car-like prices (like other transports that use some of our mechanicals cost.)

Do expect it to be a game-changer in what you can expect from a transport.

And do expect it this year.

That's all for now. Best to bug Mike for more, though I wanted to squash some speculation before some very very very old ideas are taken as gospel.

Sorry to be scarce, we're very busy right now. I finished up the Utah stuff last week, and next week we may even have a new product for you. Lots of the stuff we've been doing around here have been ensuring we can continue to operate seamlessly in our new crisis culture (not just sales, but support and service as well). Not only have we done that, we are moving ahead on new products, a couple of which will be announced soon.

All the best,
Jason

I definitely want this product. I will need the Unison USB on the transport to support a pass through from my music server (Windows 10 laptop) to my Yggdrasil's USB.

Ed

May 4, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #58,778 of 151,251
Are there any digital-pre or something alike coming out?
I'm concerned that if CD spinner comes out with USB out as best output, I can't use it since the USB port in Yggdrasil is already occupied by cable from my Mac.

How about a new Schiit 2-into-1 USB audio cable called the Pyst-Off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back