Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 21, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #55,966 of 150,740
Yeah...turning this off on your phone is the easiest way.

This link seems to cover several different platform scenarios.
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/featu...-edit-exif-android-windows-mac-iphone-1821872

For Windows (per above article), you can it's a simple right-click on the image to remove metadata or make a copy without...

• Go to the folder where your image is located.
  • Right-click the image > click Properties.
  • Click the Details tab.
  • Click Remove Properties and Personal Information.
  • Then you can click Create a copy with all possible properties removed for a copy of the photo with EXIF data stripped.
  • Alternatively you can edit metadata by clicking Remove the following properties from this file.
  • Once you’re done, click OK.
For fellow linux nerds, I created a simple script (webify) that I added to the right-click menu, that will strip, orient and resize jpg images, for use in posting to web sites, emailing, etc.. Uses the imagemagick package.

mogrify -verbose -auto-orient -strip -quality 80 -resize 1200 "$@"

You can also use exiftool

exiftool -all= ...

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #55,967 of 150,740
Sit back, relax, and enjoy a read about one of the most interesting projects I’ve had in a long while—the world’s first and only ribbon headphone amplifier, Jotunheim R. What’s most fun, perhaps, is that this story starts long before I was aware of the Raal/Requisite headphone. You could almost say the Jotunheim R is a summation of my entire career in audio.
Sweet! Ordered!

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #55,971 of 150,740
2020, Chapter 1:
The Weldenheim Chronicles

“Weldenheim?” you might ask. “What the heck is that?”

Ordered! Along with the Bifrost 2!

P.S. I think the "Configure To Your Needs" description needs updated. "Bifrost 2 DAC (external). Or choose the all-new, modular Bifrost 2 DAC for even higher performance, for $600 more". I'd love to have $99 taken off my order but I'm pretty sure that's a typo.

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #55,972 of 150,740
Ordered: 2 day FED X

I'll have about a weeks time to A/B against my Ragnarok 1 before it goes to a deserving (?) audiophile acquaintance. Hopefully he will give a good home, it's been good to me since I bought it.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #55,973 of 150,740

P.S. I think the "Configure To Your Needs" description needs updated. "Bifrost 2 DAC (external). Or choose the all-new, modular Bifrost 2 DAC for even higher performance, for $600 more". I'd love to have $99 taken off my order but I'm pretty sure that's a typo.

I would guess that it is a package discount of 99$ off of the Bifrost 2, which would not be unrealistic.

If you prefer, I bet you could purchase the Bifrost 2 for 699$ and grab the Jotunheim R for 700$ :ksc75smile:

Best,

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #55,974 of 150,740
Damn! Nice work Jason!

Love the black PCB's too...

On the specs page it states:

Maximum Current, SR1a load: 13.2A per channel, both channels driven, at clipping (10% THD)

Is that supposed to be 10% THD or 1%?

10%, at visible clipping.

$600 is a special price for the Bifrost 2 when purchased in combination with the Jotunheim R.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 21, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #55,976 of 150,740
10%, at visible clipping.

$600 is a special price for the Bifrost 2 when purchased in combination with the Jotunheim R.

Sweet!!! Can't beat Schiit's customer service. Received confirmation of order at 9:00 AM and shipping confirmation at 9:42 AM. (I did order an Eitr at the same time, so I received a second tracking number at 9:43 AM)

Eitr is for future use, since Bifrost 2 comes with Unison.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #55,977 of 150,740
2020, Chapter 1:
The Weldenheim Chronicles
So yeah, Jotunheim R may have seemed like a distraction…but in reality, it was something that led to entirely new vistas. Sometimes you have to get weird, chase the bizarre, and have some fun. Because you don’t know where it might go.

Awesome chapter! One of the best reads in the series so far. I'm glad that you're taking the time to do some crazy engineering. The world needs more of that.

Jan 21, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #55,978 of 150,740
Jan 21, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #55,980 of 150,740
I listened to the RAAL headphones and while they do sound good, they are just too strange and open for me. Perhaps it's because I am too old (skool) to appreciate them... but I could use a small tac welder in my shop... Weldenheim power to replace those pesky hot soldering irons... I could rig one of these to the output...

41WMtyutLEL._AC_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back